newswire article reposts united states

drug war | police / legal

New Jersey Officer Fired After Found On-Duty In His Police Cruiser Overdosed On Heroin

Updated Jul 12, 2019; Posted Jul 12, 2019

An on-duty Franklin Township police officer was found overdosed on heroin in his patrol vehicle in April, authorities said Friday.

Officer Matthew D. Ellery, 29, of Middlesex Borough, survived the overdose after a fellow officer gave him two doses of Naloxone, an antidote commonly referred to as Narcan that reverses the effects of a drug overdose, Somerset County Prosecutor Michael Robertson said in a statement.

Ellery was working the midnight shift on April 7 when dispatch tried to contact him just after 1 a.m. After he failed to respond, an officer went looking for Ellery and found his patrol vehicle on Bennetts Lane, Robertson said. He did not specify how the officer located Ellery's vehicle.

Ellery was initially charged on April 15 with just a single, municipal summons of driving while intoxicated, according to a copy of the summons obtained by NJ Advance Media. The case was then transferred to the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office, which launched a criminal investigation resulting in an additional charge of possession of heroin.
After NJ Advance Media first published the story on Ellery's arrest, the department's top two officials Chief Richard Grammar and Capt. Gregory Borlan abruptly announced their retirements. At the same time, the town council adopted a resolution allowing the prosecutor's office to take over the department and conduct a top-to-bottom review. Franklin has approximately 100 sworn officers.

homepage: homepage: http://www.nj.com/somerset/2019/07/a-police-officer-went-radio-silent-he-was-found-overdosed-on-heroin.html

Stop Putting This Trivia Here 14.Jul.2019 09:47

blues

It's a big country. Shit happens. So what? Get a life.

"Trivia" like Simple Score Voting? 14.Jul.2019 10:22

_

how many ***KING TIMES

have you ***mmed this place with that trash?

( Btw this topic is about: a drug infused On Duty Police officer, something that our Communities across the opiate-saturated United States ought to be at least a bit concerned with. )

***K OFF, blues

Quit Your Trolling 14.Jul.2019 11:08

blues

Millions Of Americans Are Opioid Addicted. Landscapers. Tax collectors. Aluminum siding installers.

The pain pills are rolling in the streets. So this time it happened to be a cop. So what? Are you shocked and surprised? This is NOT news.

Simple score voting is very important (and I didn't invent it). Why is it not very important?

I wonder what goes on in your mind?

Here's what "goes on in my mind" blues : 14.Jul.2019 12:05

07.Jul.2019 17:29

Hey blues, I do have a question

so let's say this method/system is implemented,

how is that going to help the Republican or Democrat candidate for president (every four years)? i.e., you're just going to end up with a Republican or Democrat anyway.

until (as Tracy Mapes and others suggest) the entire current 'political' <shrug> system is completely burned to the ground and rebuilt from zero, nothing is going to change; least of all in how votes are tallied

What Goes On In Your Mind Is Stupid 14.Jul.2019 19:01

blues

I will explain when I get time.

Stop the stupid!

RE: "I will explain when I get time." 14.Jul.2019 19:11

_

ok blues just try not to let it be another whole week that interrupts your other ***Tposting around here,

before you actually reply to my question.

blues = pretentious t&^t

What Was Your Question? 14.Jul.2019 20:50

blues

Answering questions is something I am SUPER good at.

So what, actually was your question?

I will give a fantastic answer.

Something about higher order logic. Or maybe just Linux? (I'm not so hot about Linux, not so big into artificial expertise).

I used to work as a technical writer. The pay sucks.

So. What, exactly is your question? The rest of your tiny little life depends on this.

Just don't ask!