15 Reasons Those With Holiday Trees Should Make Them Permanent Ones, Not Axed Dead Trees
Over 81% of those who have holiday trees have ones they can use year after year and not axed trees.
1. Massive tree cutting is the single biggest cause of global climate extremes, drought, fire. Each average sized tree evaporates 42 gallons of moisture daily becoming mist, then clouds, then rain.
2. Many parks and fields have been totally stripped of fir trees by those who have axed them so that they may slowly die in people's living rooms. The result is forests with no evergreens.
3. Raccoons, squirrels, birds, beehives and butterflies are smashed or evicted when the trees are axed.
4. Pine trees with dry needles coming into contact with hot electric lights are a cause of fire
5. Needle cleanup is a timewasting chore.
6. Amazon wants $115 for an axed tree, whereas artificial trees are good year after year.
7. Trash pick up of dead trees is expensive and an energy waste for cashstrapped municipalities
8. Landfills are clogged by the tree carcasses. Their replacement landfills create even more deforestation.
9. In terms of very large trees, lumberjacks have one of the 5 most dangerous occupations in the world.
10. USA Today, itself a deforester, reports that of 95 million households with a tree, 81% of the homes will have an artificial one.
11. Numerous studies by Chandra Bose, inventor in the 1890's of the radio which he demonstrated in 1895 ,several years before Marconi Luther Bank, research recorded in the book The Secret Life Of Plants etc. indicate trees have feelings and should not be killed.
12. Trees were not axed for Christmas until the 16th Century in Germany. Queen Victoria brought the tradition to England.
13. Small eggsacs of spiders can come into the home unobserved on the branches. In the warmer house temperatures they can hatch out.
14. Dogs and cats are sometimes confused smelling the outdoor fragrance of dead trees sometimes urinate on or under them.
15 Other holiday tree killers are Chritmas cards, wrapping paper, unrecycled cardboard. Yet 100% recycled, cotton, rice options are available.
The Hallmark Channel, Amazon, Bloomberg and CBS have promoted the killing of fir trees for the holidays.
Thank you to J Bohannon for the eggsac story.