newswire article questions portland metro

alternative media | community building

Info about this news site

What is the extent of your activities?
What is your function these days?

How often is this page monitored to compost articles?

Do you still have a tight crew of videographers to cover events locally and nationally?

What happened to Videos From the Resistance showings?

Do your meetings occur regularly and do people show up?

Are you still all white people?

What events do you sponsor and support?

All except for your history of great lack of ethnic diversity you used to be pretty kick ass some 10, 15 years ago.

So what's going on with you these days?

Thanks

"So what's going on with you these days?" 14.Mar.2018 13:41

blues

HAHAHA none of your business!!! Some of us function in small circles of about 1 ~ 7 individuals. We might do demonstrations in tandem with other small circles. You will find out all you need to know about us via the demonstrations, and occasionally here. It's all on "need to know", since why do you really need to know???

My predilection is to shun groups that are sponsored/ controlled by Democrats, professors, and of course the Soros. Sorry, no "solidarity" for them!

Why are you so curious anyway?

@blues 14.Mar.2018 18:36

Little Old Me

When you say "some of us" do you mean to say that you are a member of this collective that helps keep this site running? I would be surprised as I have never seen a Bee address one as rudely as you have. I am directing my query to the actual collective.

I have taken part in actions and events and covered such that this group has organized over the years. I recently ran into some comrades that I socialized with and haven't seen for sometime and was surprised to hear that they are no longer active here. Great people.

I've seen members grow up/older, start families, buy homes, move away, any number of things that might shift their focus...I see the calendar section link is dead.

I'm an activist, journalist and educator. I have written many an article published here and on other self publishing sites.I'm in the process of discovering who is still here.

And -, I have now idea what your first comment means as you throw in Black Bloc, BLM and Antifa. Your second comment baffles as well. Strange.

P.S. 14.Mar.2018 19:58

Little Old Me

Also, I'm not asking any of you to publicly identify yourselves. As I'm sure you know.

How I See It 15.Mar.2018 03:39

blues

I'm mostly interested in writing stuff now, with occasional demonstrations. BLM is okay, but Blac Block and Antifa are generally rioters, not demonstrators, and I don't need that.

A lot of people are low-profile these days -- not because we are fearful of the PTB -- but simply because the attention grabbing rock star organizers have moved on to greener pastures.

So we stay "underground", which keeps everything simpler.

I don't happen to be part of the Indymedia crew, although I have done such things before. I really meant to be snarky, rather than rude.

those "rock star organizers" (code for smart, high functioning people... 16.Mar.2018 04:53

blues

Maybe we are tired of being stabbed in the back by those "smart, high functioning people"?

Videos are yesterday, since Google and YouTube censors everything "left", "right", or just outside-of-the-box lately. It's actually very smart for the workerbees to remain isolated. If they had not, they would have been co-opted by the the warmongers (the new fake "left"), or some "libertarian" zombies, or some "institute".

If you don't like the site, and you perhaps wish to believe everything in the New York Times, then get out of here and just get a subscription to the Massively Sanitized Media. The choice is always yours.

About this news site 17.Mar.2018 00:37

++++ workerbee pdx-imc@resist.ca

What is the extent of your activities?
++++ Providing a non corporate platform for reporting independent local news or information by individuals with anonymity and no cost.

What is your function these days?
++++ Same as it always has been:  http://portland.indymedia.org/en/static/about.shtml

How often is this page monitored to compost articles?
++++ Volunteer run so it varies, but daily monitoring at a minimum can be expected.

++++ No specific tight crew here in 2018 but occasionally, local event videos, are still submitted.

What happened to Videos From the Resistance showings?
++++ New social justice platforms and venues, people / organizers and workerbees changing locations, culture shifts, and overall general changes in life have left us with fond memories of the VFTR.

Do your meetings occur regularly and do people show up?
++++ Although there is not many folks showing up or participating as in days gone by, meeting do occur monthly  http://portland.indymedia.org/en/static/meetings.shtml (an email in advance will assure a meeting confirmation)

Are you still all white people?
++++ Yes, and I am speaking for my self primarily as I write this reply.

What events do you sponsor and support?
++++ we do not sponsor any events but we do support "you being the media". We support free speech, local news, with a social justice non capitalist flavor. Although this list is way-out-dated this is what PIMC does stand in solidarity with:  http://portland.indymedia.org/en/static/resources.shtml

So what's going on with you these days?
++++ Besides the changing times all around us, PIMC is still providing an open free [community] online news outlet & resource to those who want to report, share and read what is going on in their neighborhoods and their lives. PIMC personal kick ass history has rooted us in safely guarding this indymedia platform in order for individuals to "report" their first hand [activist - social justice - community] articles as we (volunteers) facilitate a web-place where you can report in your own words what is important.