Sen. Rob Portman: Warmonger, Hunters' Tool, Deforester, Voted 5 Times No On Women's Pay
31 reasons to vote against former Bush operative Rob Portman on whom the Koch Brothers have spent 81 million on just the first ad buy of many.
Portman voted 5 times against equal pay for women
Portman has voted for every immoral illegal war
Portman 1 of 5 worst senators say Sierra Club, EDF, NRDC etc
31 Reasons To Vote Out Ohio Senator, Former Bush Operative Rob Portman
Rob Portman: warmonger, hunter, oil pawn, deforester, voted 5 times against women's rights It's time to put out his Senate office lights.
Koch Brothers Spent 81 Million On Just First Of Many Ads For Ohio Senator Rob Portman as they try to buy another Senate seat.
1a. Former Bush operative Rob Portman worked to privatize Social Security, and to turn over the pensions of the poor to Wall St. hedge fund megathieves.
1b Portman worked to have the public pay for Wall St speculator insurance and bailout money.
1c In Portman's privatization plan, Wall St profiteers would have been paid hundreds of billions in fees whether or not the stocks they recommended crashed.
2. Rob Portman has voted and worked for every illegal Bush-Obama war from Afghanistan and Iraq to Syria, Pakistan, Libya, Yemen etc. How many millions of combatants, civilians, mammals, birds, reptiles, trees have been killed or maimed.
3. Portman worked to bring hunters, some drunk, many poor shots, into our national parks to kill and maim mammals, birds, as well as bystander adults children and family pets. ,. Bow and arrow hunting, rifles, and other weapons would have been allowed? Did he stop short of semiautomatics in the woods? Children have been shot to death by hunters while playing in their back yards... Cleveland Amory, former editor of Parade magazine, wrote that he had scene animals alive in the woods with 12 arrows sticking out of them.
4. Portman, Kasich, Attorney General DeWine and other Ohio Republicans were part of a many year conspiracy to deprive third party and Democratic citizens of the vote. Federal judge Algenon Marbley in June of 2016 declared Ohio Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted's practice of eliminating ballots because of, for instance, a missing zip code, unconstitutional. There have been at least 3 separate actions of Jon Husted which have drawn condemnation from the federal bench in 2012 and 2016. Since taking office Husted has eliminated 2 million from the voting rolls, virtually all Democrats and third party voters. US District Court Judge Michael Watson ruled that Husted's elimination of early voting was unconstitutional.
In 2012 a federal judge issued a 17 page condemnation of Ohio Republican scofflaw attorney general Jon Husted.
5. Portman in Congress worked to cut social programs and divert the money to the expanding military budget.
6. Five times Portman voted against equal pay for women.
7 . In voting for NAFTA, CAFTA, and special trade status with China, Portman sent Ohioans' jobs to Mexico, Central America, China etc.
8.. Portman is a former lobbyist for the Sultan of Oman.
9. Of all senators running for re-election, nationa environmental groups have selected Portman and McCain to defeat.
10 A Rob Portman, as well as other Ohio Republicans John Kasich, Jon Husted, Mike DeWine, Maureen O'Connor, and others have had a corrupt relationship with First Energy, the Ohio utility which has decapitated mountains in 4 states (WV, KY, OH, PA), the major factor in the severity of record breaking flash floods which killed 23 humans and uncounted unnamed animals by the millions.
10 B Portman is a pawn of oil gas and fracking interests in Ohio, a state which has had 800 earthquakes in the Youngstown area alone from fracking, while Ohio has more cities with lead in their water than Michigan. Portman has lobbied for a lack of regulation for utility and coal companies so that they might continue to pollute.
10 C Portman led the fight in the Senate to remove any restrictions on carbon emissions by utilities. UPI reported that The League of Conservation Voters, the Sierra Club, the NRDC Action Fund and Environmental Defense Fund are targeting Sens. Richard Burr of North Carolina, Rob Portman of Ohio, Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin with a total of five ads highlighting their votes against the Clean Power Plan, which is aimed at curbing carbon pollution.
11. Portman is part of the petroplutocracy which has caused over 400,000 deaths so far from rising seawaters submerging island communities and from climate change related droughts and fires.
12 WKSU, Republican radio calling itself 'public radio' is unethically censoring his opponent, Democrat Ted Strickland, former governor of Ohio.
13. Portman hopes the Republican fraud machine which stole the US election from John Kerry (See Robert F Kennedy Jr's article in Rolling Stone) will create another crime for him. Ohio Republican Secretary of State Husted has removed 2 million voters from the rolls, nearly all Democrats, He has stolen the yes vote for marijuana from Ohioans with the help of old Diebold machines (Diebold based in Ohio has sold its voting machine division but many obsolete easily hackable ones remain in Hamilton, Portage, and many other counties in Ohio.)
14. Portman voted against college students.
15 Portman was the debate coach for Mitt Romney, a man who wanted 50,000 more troops in Iraq, but not a single one of his 5 sons.
16. Portman denies he tried to privatize Social Security
17. Portman is worth nearly 9 million dollars in a Capitol Hill which has 372 millionaires. It is the most money dominated Congress in history.
18. The Koch Brothers have spent 81 million dollars for just 1 of several commercials attacking Portman's opponent, former Ohio governor Ted Strickland. It takes Strickland's words out of context.
A bill about the heroin epidemic has passed the Senate 94 to 1. The Koch Brothers are funding ads giving Portman credit while in actuality for 23 years Portman has been a secret supporter of CIA involvement in heroin trade.Portman has supported every illegal war. No other factor as much as US military drug usage has been responsible for the heroin epidemic.
20. Karl Rove loanshark capitalist warmonger is giving money To Portman.
21. Among others disenfranchised, Portman and Husted have coconspired to remove the right of the homeless to vote.
22/ Portman is one of the Republican senators who have voted to allow those on the terror watch list to purchase semiautomatic weapons.
23. When his fellow Republicans gutted the Voting Rights Act, eliminating protections for African Americans, Latinos, and Democrats in racist states, Portman said they were just making tweaks.
24. Portman tried to undermine White House negotiations with Iran by signing a letter critical of the process.
25. Bush appointed Portman a US trade representative. He was supposed to stop illegal dumping of steel by China. He did nothing.
26. The Koch Brothers are flooding YouTube with Portman ads. Google's YouTube isn't satisfied with just 1 ad per listening experience.
27. Portman has endorsed racist, misogynist, execution-promoting, petroplutocrat pawn Donald Trump.
28. Portman is getting many times the airtime on IHart (Clear Channel) radio stations than Governor Ted Strickland, the Democratic candidate for senate. Romney, sole owner of Bain Capital, bought Clear Channel to boost his candidacy. Unethical media include WKSU, taxpayer supported, which has given many plugs to Portman while virtually ignoring the campaign of Democrat former governor Ted Strickland.
29. While Portman has been in office, Ohio has become a capital of brutal cockfighting.
30. Portman worked with other Republicans to give corporations taxbreaks to help in their outsourcing to China and other countries.
31 The billionaire Koch Brothers, profiteers from the privatization of national resources,
are spending many millions in misleading ads such as saying that former governor Ted Strickland
emptied the Rainy Day Fund. He did so because
the needs of the people of Ohio outweighed
A new ad compares cicadas which emerge every 17 years to Portman who has emerged 6 years later to attempt to rewrite his record.
WKSU continued to promote Portman and to ignore Strickland. In May of 2016 it lied and diminished Strickland's ad campaign. Strickland's supporters, national environment groups, unions etc are running ads constantly. WKSU news director is Andrew Meyer.
"Americans for Prosperity, the political group backed by billionaire conservatives David and Charles Koch, have launched a $1.4 million ad blitz" (attacking former Gov Strickland who is running against Portman)
3 articles on Republican vote fraud conspiracy in 2012 and 2016
NY Times on Husted disenfranchisement
Portman voted 5 times against equal pay for women
70 Varieties of millions of incidents involving Republican (distinctly minority party) vote fraud
No Jobs Rob
While Portman has been in office, Ohio has become a cockfighting capital
Portman, one of 372 millionaires in Congress
Bernie Sanders sues corrupt Ohio Secretary of State over vote fraud
Koch Brothers pour money into Portman campaign
Portman voted against college students
Portman way behind the times on the Voting Rights Act and Iran
Portman wants to remove Social Security protections
4 senators targeted by environmental groups
Portman has lobbied for a lack of regulation for utility and coal companies so that they might
continue to pollute.
Portman denies he tried to privatize Social Security
Portman led the fight to remove any restrictions on carbon emitting polluters.
Richard Burns, Pat Toomey, Ron Johnson
Ad about Portman's privatization attempts re Social Security
Afghan picture from wiccantogether.com
link to thehill.com
contribute to this article
add comment to discussion