newswire article reposts united states

anti-racism | media criticism

(race / violent crime) The Huffington Post Embarrasses Itself

Colion Noir calls out The Huffington Post for their recent factually inaccurate, deliberately inflammatory anti-NRA hit piece. The article, which can be read here ( https://archive.is/CuYIO) , claims Wayne LaPierre's video "How To Stop Violent Crime" inaccurately identifies De'Eris Brown, a thug who murdered a 9-year-old girl, and uses this to promote an "NRA is racist" narrative.

Not only was this claim patently false, but it exposed writer Mike Weisser's own bigotry and bias in the process.
Published on Nov 4, 2015

homepage: homepage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezu3uz5A1QA

The Big Issue Is Huffington Leftsploitation. 05.Nov.2015 07:51

blues

I am sitting on the fence about the gun issues. And have no interest in "defending" the NRA. However, it's plain to see that Huffington Post is using this issue to pretend to be left-leaning, while, in subtle yet subversive ways, actually being corporate- imperialist. Huffington Post is simply trying to spoof people.

This leftsploitation tactic is much like the constant chatter about the New York Times being leftist. Yeah just like Sen. John McCain is a progressive!

Many left-leaners actually are pro-gun ownership, in fact.

Re: NRA 05.Nov.2015 08:39

_

I have no particular interest in "defending" the NRA (as an organization) either; however I am pro-2nd Amendment.

also fwiw, Colion Noir the video commentator was well established on YouTube years prior to being picked up for 'NRA News' segments.

He is a highly articulate defender of the 2nd and has his own channel without the (more recent) branding.

As well, this video targets HP only as the source forum for their "Mike the Gun Guy" shill.

In this video he makes it perfectly clear that slagging the NRA (organization), and more particularly 2nd Amendment rights, is an overall dysfunction of left-leaning media and activism itself, and also implies the same "Leftsploitation" that you do.

( RE: HP as a duplicitous imperial mouthpiece just like NYT, we're in 100% agreement )

Clarity of facts is important when attempting to discuss firearms (as well as violent crime and racism). That's the primary gist of Colion Noir's video editorial here. And not, factless bigoted smearing.

He also strongly advocates a "think/decide for yourself" (based on facts) philosophy. With regard to mass/corporate media more generally, that is. And not only in this video.

RE: your assertion [quote]: "Many left-leaners actually are pro-gun ownership, in fact"

I Have No Particular Interest In "Defending" The NRA... 05.Nov.2015 16:52

blues

....however I am "pro-2nd Amendment."

You lying CIA cock/cunt sucker.

I try to tell the real truth. But you are allergic to that.

I am pro-Truth. Suck on that!

We Would Please Be Interested To See Some Quantification... 05.Nov.2015 17:17

blues

"Please" cannot be used as an adverb in this sentence.

CIA edumacation has failed you once again.

Colion Noir Is Another CIA Hit Piece 05.Nov.2015 18:57

blues

Kony 2012 is a short film produced by Invisible Children, Inc.

Make Kony Famous.

Another CIA Hit Piece.

They have an industry to promote. Hundreds of billions of dollars.

Plus the Heroin trade. Real money!

But.. they care so much about the children...

It's A Party In The CIA 06.Nov.2015 17:25

The Mafia State CIA.

They kill people.

Because opulopathy requires victims. NO OTHER REASON NEEDED.

Ask Ollie North and his Invisible Children.

KONY 2012. CIA 2016. Fuck the U.S. 06.Nov.2015 17:41

KONY 2012

HATE KONY

CIA

JOIN

There is one (sucker) born every minute.

Hate Kony. Love CIA 06.Nov.2015 17:56

blues

Even though they will lead to your nuclear annihilation in 2015.

War starts in Syria. U.S.A. gives children a gun in Syria, and forces them to kill their own families.

We all know this.

Now We All Love Big Brother! 06.Nov.2015 18:06

Stop Kony!

Support Invisible Children. (Even if they are totally invisible.)

time for 'blues' (really him?) to back away from keyboard 06.Nov.2015 18:10

_

RE: "no interest defending NRA"

It was You, 'blues'  http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2015/11/430896.shtml#444551

who brought it up in the first place. I merely responded in kind to your remark.

"Please" is the interrogative. I asked politely, if you would provide numerical / statistical evidence for your claim ("Many left-leaners actually are pro-gun ownership, in fact").

Yes, I support the 2A (irrespective of NRA, GOA or whatever interest/activist group).

No, I am absolutely not ( Lol ) "CIA". Neither of course is Colion Noir (as mentioned he was around a long time as independent YouTube reviewer prior to NRA commentator)

The remainder of your drivel posts on this thread pertain to nothing whatsoever ("KONY" wtf?!?) and should be deleted.

Stop At Nothing. Love Big Brother. Hate Kony. Responsibility To Protect! 06.Nov.2015 18:22

blues

This message is CIA love. They love you. Grabs you by your gut!

The "responsibility to protect." From "freedom, justice, and other evils."

"No, I am absolutely not ( Lol ) "CIA". Neither of course is Colion Noir" 06.Nov.2015 18:28

Of course not.

Why is this post so important to you?

Maybe because you are what you are?

" Why is this post so important to you? " 06.Nov.2015 18:37

_

Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

Okay, You Might Even Be Real 06.Nov.2015 18:51

blues

I drove a city bus. I drove taxi for years. I was an electronics engineer for years. I did all of that.

I am not looking to fight. I'm retired for Christ's sake.

The Huffington Leftsploitation sucks. The world is not what they said it was.

I am not going anywhere. I am not part of your life.

First rule of Fight Club: Do not talk about Fight Club.

First second of Fight Club: Do not talk about Fight Club.

capisce?

Oddly enough, I'll stand with Blues here (and that's RARE) 06.Nov.2015 19:15

Mike Novack

"we would please be interested to see some quantification of / data / numbers on that. But yes there are some (?) American leftists who are pro-2nd Amendment. I'm not sure how that works in other countries outside U.S."

No, I can't quantify. But this is a regional difference, an urban vs rural difference, and a "class" difference.

Almost half a century ago now, but I can still remember when the issue of gun control came up at a national gathering of leftists. To get a better grasp of why some were so opposed (to gun control) we took a poll "do you personally have guns and if so, how many?". Our comrades from Texas averaged more than one per person. And I now live in a rural area and know very well you can't judge somebody's politics by whether they hunt. But the blue collar working stiffs are more likely to than the village professionals.

Also, I Hope To Start WestNE.Indymedia.click 06.Nov.2015 19:31

blues

New England, West of the Connecticut River (approximately).

Because the Boston Indy has Zero anonymity, and the Worcester one is dead.

It will be a little less courageous, but with 9/11 coverage, and true leftist input. A very real Indy site.

Even if it gets zero traffic I want to let it live. I am many things, but probably not a coward.

RE: "I'll stand with Blues here" 07.Nov.2015 00:59

?

How / why is your response "standing with Blues" ?

Thanks for the response. It is qualitative, perceptual rather than hard facts

but still understood.

Yes, even without your response I already had an understanding of the regional / urban vs rural / class differences you speak of.

Let's look again at the initial posted claim by blues [quote]:
"Many left-leaners actually are pro-gun ownership, in fact."

Note the words: "Many" and "fact".

These two key words, in his assertion, imply that he has NUMERICAL FACTS to back up his claim.

but it seems you Mike Novack, like he, do not have those facts. Only opinions / remembrances / general impressions.
( Which is fine. )

Also you mentioned/implied "politics by whether they hunt"

Whether or not someone (even 'blue collar') happens to hunt, has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with their support of the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution; even though in some cases, yes there may be a correlation of those two characteristics.

i.e. just because someone hunts (with a firearm, bow, or other weapon) does not necessarily / by definition mean, that they will be a strong supporter of the right to keep and bear arms.

Irrespective of their general political leaning ( "left" / "right" / etc.) in life.

Fuck The Constitution 07.Nov.2015 22:44

blues

Nobody sane believes in that stupid piece of paper anymore. Especially the cops that killed over 1,000 Americans last year. Get over it (and the "second amendment"). It's all bullshit.

Except for the endorsement of slavery, the Articles of Confederation were the real deal.

RE: "Fuck The Constitution / Nobody sane believes" 08.Nov.2015 00:19

_

well blues you have permanently confirmed your own cluelessness.
(Particularly with your ridiculous "Except for the endorsement of slavery" disclaimer; wtf?!?)

RE: "Fuck The Constitution" , the 1st Amendment (cf. Amendment not the original document) guarantees your right to free speech.

2nd Amendment (cf. Amendment not the original document) is about your right to bear arms; but since you are insane, blues, you have utterly zero understanding of the 'doomsday clause' nature of the 2nd with regard to our rights as American citizens.

if you have no understanding or comprehension of the significance, importance of the 2A it's best for you to keep quiet / not type anything / step away from dat keyboard.

it's ok. You can do that.

furthermore if you didn't even view the originally posted video and have nothing to report/comment on said contents, you needed to stfu a long time ago. As evidenced from your content-free dozen+ rants here on this (off-)topic

anyway blues, quit the internet thing now while you're behind.

What, Are You Supporting The N.R.A.? 08.Nov.2015 01:22

blues

Or some never-enforced piece of paper (like the constitution)? You are a nihilist. You take no real position on anything. You merely call people names and argue about abstractions.

I do not expect justice from some judges endlessly pondering some sacred legal papers. And the N.R.A. will not save us either. I actually believe in real things. I believe in the principle of democracy. Let the people decide for themselves.

No more Clinton/Bush.

Stop it.

We have the old single-selection two-party. So no choice at all for you.

The "republic" is simply ruled by judges who may, for example, throw gays a bone for show now and then, but really only watch out for the rights of the people who matter -- the rich, of course.

Democracy means knowingness and good will of the PEOPLE. Not the republicist rapaciousness of the judges.

Teach the people! Trust The People! We are not the "mob"! The rich Great Gamers are the real mob. You have to know the truth and seek the truth and the truth will set you free.

There are two entirely different kinds of elections, and kinds of "contestants". An election of the president of a science fiction novel forum is not at all the same thing as an election of a United States President. The former is really a contest between two (or more) individual candidates (and their agendas), but the latter is actually a contest between the weak and the mighty the well-supported candidates of a very few elites versus the grass-roots candidates of the vast multitude of non-elite people.

Simple score voting can be completely described in one short simple sentence: Give no vote at all, or from one to ten votes to any number of candidates you wish (up to some reasonable limit, say 20 candidates), and then simply add all the votes up.

And no more election machines (such as computers). If they make casting and tallying 10 times faster, they make organized cheating 10 times easier as well. Which can we truly afford???

One could say that (strategic) simple score eliminates 90% of the spoiler effect. To illustrate: if a voter gives 10 votes to Nader and 9 votes to Gore, it is simply obvious that, if Nader does not win, the voter has only sacrificed exactly 10% of their voting power. Not 100% as they would have had they been forced to use the usual single-selection ("faux plurality") voting method.

No fancy math is necessary to compare and contrast it to every other option for effectiveness and simplicity, including single-selection (aka "plurality," our present "system") Condorcet, Borda, IRV, Range (with its tricky "averages"), Approval (which is not adequately differentiative for choice of candidates), etc.

The simple score method I advocate is the very simplest, since it only allows from 1 to 10 votes to be given, not from 0 to 9, or 0 to 10. That is simply another complication. It also has no vote-averaging that seriously complicates the "range" score method. I also seem t be the only one to point out that voters should always vote artfully (aka strategically), not artlessly or heroically (aka "honestly" or "sincerely").

(Simple score is not like approval voting at all -- it is vastly more differentiative.)

PLEASE NOTE: score voting has never been used when there were truly high stakes for the voters. The single-selection method has always been utilized to spoiler effect enforced two-party or two-candidate choices. And would three money-empowered choices be better? Did Greece and Spain with their parliamentary schemes fare well with their "systems"?

And the people MUST vote strategically -- NOT artlessly ("honestly", "sincerely")! Do the Senators and judges act with honesty and sincerity? Do they vote heroically? Take a wild guess!

And why do you suppose they don't have just ONE money-empowered candidate or party? Something to think about?

Stop worrying about judges, lawyers, and deals made before we were born. Demand actual power.

RE: "Are You Supporting The N.R.A." 08.Nov.2015 02:08

Reading Comprehension

blues, time (again) to step away from the keyboard.

blues [QUOTE = HIS FIRST REPLY TO THIS THREAD]
"And have no interest in "defending" the NRA."

and this was ^^^already responded to / concurred / discussed.

Guy in the video, already on YouTube with his views on gun rights well expressed years prior to NRA affiliation.

also (already discussed) NRA happens to be the oldest civil rights organization in the United States. As well, the NRA in 21st century is obviously not the only citizen group advocating 2nd Amendment. There are other groups besides NRA which do this (in multiple ways legal/civic/informational); furthermore, many dedicated 2A supporters (READ: firearm owners not "piece of paper" owners) are not part of any 'organized' group...

_also_ already noted: If you do not understand the 2nd Amendment, its function or issues surrounding it then spewing your irrational rants here about off-topic (DUH... 'simple score voting' N-Billionth-broken-record time... You believe in voting?! wtf) matters does nothing to bolster your reputation.

TRANSLATION: stfu, blues

Considering My Neutral Stance On The N.R.A., That's Damn Rude 08.Nov.2015 04:02

I probably understand the 2nd amendment as well as anyone. It is a bit cryptic:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

I have no position on this amendment since it has both positive and negative effects. So I neither favor it nor disfavor it. It could protect liberty, but it could bring about subjugation.

Also I take no position regarding the N.R.A., though I am leery of ALL large organizations in general. So I see no grounds for bitter complaints.

I simply advocate power via effective voting in preference to shooting.

So no one should be denigrating me. What do folks hope to accomplish by doing that?

Those Who Cast The First Stone 08.Nov.2015 11:04

_

" So no one should be denigrating me. "

but it's perfectly OK for you, blues, to baselessly accuse people of being

'CIA',

or "Fuck The Constitution" (when the 2nd Amendment isn't even in the Constitution document itself)

?

Watch your language at the adults' table, blues.

another blues [QUOTE]:
" It could protect liberty, but it could bring about subjugation. "

precisely how could the 2nd "bring about" subjugation?

You obviously further demonstrate here your utter lack of comprehension.

the 2nd Amendment is a 'doomsday clause' added in order to provide the people of the country with physical/operational means to resist 'subjugation' by their very own government.

In yet a further demonstration of your very own ignorance and lack of comprehension, you do not understand that _all_ laws of a / the nation,

INCLUDING voting laws,

are enforced primarily via the barrel of a gun (firearm).

You need to meditate on that prior to proposing more "I recommend this kind of voting/government" spew.

I Guess Maybe You Just Don't Like Me 08.Nov.2015 12:24

blues

I was reacting to the video's odd propagandistic flavor. I was probably wrong to mention the CIA in it.

Otherwise, your logic seems scrambled to me. The subjugation can happen if the police chief allows one group to have guns, but denies them to another group.

Anyway, if you don't like me, you will be the very first such person. (/snark)

If you must get in the "last word" so be it. I'm tired of this.

RE: "The Last Word" 08.Nov.2015 17:58

_

you're the ***ktard who posted ten times on this thread about "CIA", "Kony", "simple score voting"

and other garbage

none of which has anything whatsoever to do with the originally posted topic.

Yes we got the point about HuffPo ( it could have been any mainstream news source besides HP which got its facts wrong with regard to the NRA spot..... "the video's odd propagandistic flavor": So, any criticism/documenting of factual flaws in a corporate media news source like HP, is "odd" and "propagandistic" ?? ).

RE [QUOTE]: "subjugation can happen if the police chief allows one group to have guns, but denies them to another group"

^ This is precisely _opposite_ to what the 2nd Amendment is about, and precisely _why_ free non-Statist citizens are in _support_ of 2A.

as you may have heard reported, many local sheriffs refuse to support certain federal firearm/background check laws that have been enacted recently because these new laws are superfluous, ineffectual, have nothing whatsoever to do with public safety, and most importantly run 100% counter to the letter and spirit of the 2A's "shall not be infringed".

RE: "who has guns" and "who doesn't"

additional firearm laws only serve to make access to guns _more difficult_ and restrictive for law abiding (who'll bother to even fill out forms/go thru processes according to 'law') citizens, while having ZERO effect on criminals' access to firearms since most firearm crimes are committed with stolen or serial-number-altered/missing (i.e. Black Market) guns anyway. You must think the typical gang banger goes to the local sporting goods store and dutifully fills out a 4473 [of course you don't even know what that is] when he wants another pistol, ya?

Yet again you demonstrate your utter lack of comprehension or knowledge on subject.

The more you post here blues, the less credible you are.