It's Cinco de Mayo! Celebrate with this Mexican-inspired Meatless Monday recipe, courtesy of Vega.
Ingredients (serves two)
• 1 ripe avocado
• 1 cup cooked quinoa
• ½ cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
• ½ red pepper, chopped
• ¼ cup red onion, diced
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• Juice of one lime
• 3 Tbsp Vega Antioxidant Omega Oil
• 2 tsp agave nectar (or your favorite sweetener)
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1/8 tsp ground cumin
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cut avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh (being careful to keep each half whole).
2. In a medium sized bowl, toss quinoa, black beans, red pepper, red onion and fresh cilantro.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
4. Toss quinoa mixture with the dressing until well coated.
5. Fill each avocado half with the quinoa mixture and serve immediately.
learn more about Meatless Mondays at http://www.meatlessmonday.com/