newswire article announcements global

animal rights | gender & sexuality

Oppression, Up Yours-- Back Up as Peter Young Loses

For those who don't know, hypocrite and misogynist Peter Young's detractors, who are vegans and current activists, have a website back up after he failed to smother free speech. Peter Young is a very flawed human being who unfortunately has influence over impressionable young minds interested in saving animals. Let's all encourage Peter to take responsibility for his actions in life, so that all humans will be liberated and better able to help animals. You can start by checking out the website:

IF YOU ARE COMING ACROSS THIS ARTICLE 06.Jan.2013 21:45

Fidelity

Do understand that it's lies.

This other website explains exactly what's happening here:  http://activistthreats.wordpress.com/about/

This article is nothing but character assassination.

Heed this article as a warning: Do not believe ANYTHING you read on the internet.

Sometimes people start rumors to destroy other people. The FBI did this as a part of COINTELPRO, and this tactic is still used by people today.

(Click "View Discussion" below to read the crazy ass claims of the "anarchist grandmother professor" who can't string together a sentence.)

@Fidelity 10.Jan.2013 22:31

Great Comedy!!!!!!

"I read through the article about prison pen pals and I didn't find it surprising at all. I saw men fucking walls - plastered walls - when they went without seeing women for only 6 weeks."

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAA

Oh boy! That was good for a laugh!!!!! What a card!!!!!! COOL STORY BRO!!!

Apartment managers should be charging single male tenants who can't get laid a minimum of once a month extra for the security deposit!!!!

Since when are prison walls "plastered"?
And, question for the brahs: given the choice of

a)beating off with your HAND or
b)sticking your dick into a ragged plaster hole, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOSE?

Oh and, Fidelity, you're a piece of shit, but an amusing piece of shit!

XbhmrwvECffeFOD 06.Jan.2015 20:35

pOAVkFZAh samuel2f3@hotmail.com

discussion

touche 21.Dec.2012 06:55

the cuntiest

No, what Peter Young will do is surround himself with women who have low self-esteem and are zombified by mainstream patriarchal misogyny, so much so that they make a living off of photographing people with body dysmorphia and selling ALF necklaces, along with their baby killer sidekicks, even though they have never come close to any ALF activity or helping animals themselves. Peter will surround himself with people who are complicit to misogyny and his own bullshit because they are mystified by his accomplishments with snitch Justin Samuel.

Keep up the good work Faith.

Preach it Damien 21.Dec.2012 07:01

lick my pussy, fuck your vCunts

Damien Said it Best:

"I really hate "Mac Evasion", the guy who wrote this. And I'm basing it on my personal interactions with him. I read the majority of this book in its original zine form, and I thought it was relatively cool: in that it was heavily illustrated with borrowed photos. Although I am a vegan and extremely tolerant of "straight-edgers" (I actually like to encourage it in others and some times even myself), his attitude toward women is hardly any different than a drunken fratboy/jock. He once spoke to a group of fledgling anarchists in Lawrence, Kansas and to promote his book, openly voiced his disdain at them for being some thing that they actually were NOT. "I didn't write this for you, I wrote it for the poor lonely outsider that feels trapped in a suburb in the middle of nowhere" (or something like that). Like Lawrence was great Metropolis and as if Kansas WASN'T in the middle of nowhere! Like all these kids, politically precocious as they were, had a master's degree in dumpster diving and shoplifting- which almost none of them did. I think there were about three shoplifters and just a few more habitual dumpster divings in a room of 2 dozen, I being the worse of them of course! So all these people that he misjudged and insulted had no real idea of what the "evasion"/CrimethInc. life was all about, except me of course and maybe one or two others.
So basically, he's just an all around jerk. However, this an interesting piece of historical documentation of a lifestyle that was already becoming a widespread phenomena among priviledged white dorks like Mac Evasion... ten years after people like me were already doing it of course!"

another good read 21.Dec.2012 07:33

anonymous

And don't forget to check out this great read about sexism by Kirsten Anderburg, including great quotes by Josh Harper:

The overwhelming squeal of wheels spinning. 21.Dec.2012 10:07

Fidelity

Wow people, hyperbole much? "This is war now" Ha!

Jesus, if only you morons could direct your energy and hatred towards you're really enemies, instead of your (weak) natural allies, you might actually get some shit done.

Maybe this is caused by a protein deficiency? Or probably just daddy issues.

Peter Young gave a lecture at PSU several years ago that I found very, very inspiring. I walked away from the lecture understanding that I shouldn't wait for a coalition of peers before taking action, that I should think the way I want and act the way I think without waiting for another person to support me. I'm sorry you don't like him because he might have some issues with women, but for god sakes, it's not like he owns a meat packing plant.

Figure out who your real enemies are, instead of trying to oppress other activists simply because they don't share your same values. Education is a process, especially political and social education, so you can't denounce people early in their process, and you shouldn't denounce other people who introduce people to the process. I had never listened to an animal rights activist at all before I sat in Young's lecture, and because of his lecture, I donated significant funds to activists, I've housed activists, and trained people. So, don't go shooting this guy down, he clearly appeals to a different audience than you, but there might just be some synergy between you and his audience.

RIGHT ON!!!!! 21.Dec.2012 13:08

Mal Ojo

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! The time HAS COME to call this behavior out and not have to face censorship. And you have SO described the exact behavior of ROB "LOS RICOS" THAXTON. His Internet wide outting is coming within days.

And Fidelity, I can't guess your gender or if you are an activist, but I think it is important for you to know that when women in the radical left speak out about sexual abuse and emotional abuse, they are too often dismissed and marginalized. They are told via words and action that what happened to them does not matter. Just as you do with your statement "I'm sorry you don't like him because he might have some issues with women, but for god sakes, it's not like he owns a meat packing plant."

Are you seriously basing your decision to support him on the fact that he does not own a meat packing plant?
Do you know any of the women that he demoralized? What do you mean with "because he might have some issues with women?" If you have first hand knowledge that Peter did not do/does not do any of the things that he is being outted for, please tell us.

Hopefully, the men and women who will call Rob out won't meet the same fate. Take note, all of his behavior is well documented in tangible form, thankfully. It will be very hard to deny what is true in his case.

rape apologism 21.Dec.2012 13:23

a guy

"I read through the article about prison pen pals and I didn't find it surprising at all. I saw men fucking walls - plastered walls - when they went without seeing women for only 6 weeks. On behalf of the entire male population, let me apologize that some of us get horny and need to stick our dicks in things - it's not a conscious choice, it's a biological compulsion. Protip: don't fuck men, or let men fuck you, if you find this behavior disgusting."

This is straight up rape apologism. To assert that having sex is a "biological compulsion" and "not a conscience choice" excuses misogynistic and sexually violent behavior. Furthermore to demand that women who are victims of abusive and misogynistic behavior should just "not fuck men" once again excuses the perpetrators of patriarchal violence, while shifting the blame to their victims.

Hey Clyde 21.Dec.2012 16:43

Mal Ojo

Not to be rude, but, what the hell are y0u talking about? None of what you say is true. Are you actually part of the anarchist activist world? Or do you just sit on your uninformed butt and read about it and then voice your conclusion however off point you may be. Ridiculous.

And, again, your comments re-traumatize the women who have been the targets of misogynist "rock stars."

Sweet talked 21.Dec.2012 19:30

Yeahno

I read some of the material about the un-named anarkyst person of color and he does indeed come across as quite sexist and manipulative. The stuff from J. Harper seemed far less offensive and I don't get why Kristen A. denounces him so much. Sure his tone is smug and flippant, but doesn't seem actually sexist to me. Clyde's comments above do hold a little weight in that many of these alleged rebellious movements seem to mimic Maoist strategies of 'self-criticism sessions' in their zeal to 'check privilege.' I'm not saying people should not challenge sexism, manipulative attitudes and so forth, obviously--but there's a point in which political correctitude turns into an end in itself, and becomes so self-important that things really do resemble a nitpicking festival. Let's keep things in balance without resorting to cliches and fallacies. Appeals to guilt and duty made with a shaming tone are not very liberating.

ps--I wrote to a well-known prisoner years ago, and because of the name I used, he assumed I was a woman. He wrote back to me in condescending sweet talk. It was ultimately harmless and a little embarassing, but it proves a point that imprisoned males are often quite desperate for attention. Prisoner support is very problematic.

Josh Harper 21.Dec.2012 22:23

@-@

Anderberg's article is misfiring on many points. The most obvious is that Harper's comments were not meant to be taken seriously. Anyone should have figured that out. But, Anderberg has always come from some uninformed places. This is just biz as usual for her.

Honestly, anyone can see that Josh is joking.

sure 22.Dec.2012 11:32

Clyde

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you haven't been reading Indymedia for the past 5 years.

Vegans calling out people's actions for not paying enough attention to animal rights. Feminists calling out anarchists for not paying enough attention to women's issues. Dopey liberals marching around in circles with signs, calling out anarchists for causing "trouble" or not adhering to their pre-planned parade routes (and lets be honest. Portland protests are parades. They are useless parades). It's an endless circle-jerk of people trying to one-up the other group for not being sensitive enough, or not being aware enough of the multitude of disparate issues that make up the left as a whole.

I am glad people want change. But you spend more time fighting those within your own circles than those you're supposedly trying to align yourselves against. And that is just sad.

But hey, who am I to say. I'm just some uninformed person right? The next time you see someone call a cop a pig in regards to police brutality, watch as the discussion devolves into animal rights blowhards calling the person "speciest" for comparing pigs to cops. Just sit back and watch the train come off the rails and descend into completely useless talking points.

That is the modern left: So entirely unfocused and without unity that they are paralyzed by their own lack of necessity.

. 22.Dec.2012 12:20

Spoken like a truly privileged white male. Fuck yah Clyde, fuck yah.

Clueless, Clyde 22.Dec.2012 13:17

Mal Ojo

We will just leave it at this: You could not be more wrong. Indymedia is just ONE place where these discussions happen. So much is done below the radar. If you were truly invested in the social change that we would like to see, not only in your world (which seems pretty pointless, given your comments here) and not only in the anarchist movement but animal rights movement as well, you would appear to be less ignorant.

"But you spend more time fighting those within your own circles than those you're supposedly trying to align yourselves against." This is just stupid. You have NO idea what we spend our time doing. This is because you apparently have a one by one inch window into the real world. Sad shit. What a dismal life, thinking that you know all there is to know about radical social justice movements by reading Indymedia.

sure thing 22.Dec.2012 17:12

Clyde

Ok then. I'll keep an eye out for the progress you anarchists are making. I've been waiting for a while. I'm sure the impact of your actions will roll around any day now.

Note: I do not consider breaking bank windows to be "change". Anyone can do that.

Clyde, Clyde, Clyde..... 22.Dec.2012 18:18

Mal Ojo

I am a retired university professor. I am also a life long anarchist. I am a grand mother to 2 beautiful kids. Their father, my only child, is an anarchist who works in the health field and as part of his activism he volunteers countless hours to treat homeless families who have no health care. Neither of us break windows. As we value all life over private property, we do not see the destruction of property as acts of violence, however.

Where are you getting that all anarchists break windows?? Protesters who hide their faces with handkerchiefs are not all anarchists. Where are you getting your information? You really should stop watching Fox News. This kind of statement from you proves my point. Really, just stop posting and go do some research. You are embarrassing yourself. And I am kind of embarrassed for you.

The Allegory of Misogyny 23.Dec.2012 21:15

nutmylk

The accountability process of accusation without evidence which Accountability Now is meant to exempt them from being accountable. Double standards break solidarity.  http://activistthreats.wordpress.com/about/

--- 24.Dec.2012 01:05

---

Breaking people's trust breaks solidarity. Many things break solidarity, like powerful misogynistic dictators in the animal rights movement. They crush people they don't want around.

Hanna- 24.Dec.2012 01:15

anon

Hanna, I believe you even though I hadn't before. I understand that Peter Young is manipulative and mean, and while I don't know your personal story, I want you to know that I believe you and I'm sorry I thought you were crazy before. Take care of yourself and recover from everything he has put you through and his both microscopic and macroscopic antagonisms that he undoubtedly caused you.

a plea 24.Dec.2012 01:27

---

Peter, please grow up and get the help that you need to prevent you from tormenting little girls anymore. You're hurting the cause more than you're helping. How do you expect people to feel strong enough to help animals when you are such a cruel person?

Statements from women + more 10.Nov.2013 17:44

FYI

Everyone should be aware that two women have come forward with statements that the person who started these rumors (Faith Gundran) has lied about women saying Peter Young abused them. She has put words in people's mouths and literally invented fake "victims." Suspiciously, she has done this to several high profile males in the animal rights movement.

Statement from woman #1.

Statement from woman #2.

And here's a good synopsis of the people who start these rumors:

10 things to know about Accountability Now

These rumors were put to rest some time ago so I'm surprised to see it still being discussed here.