To Whom It May Concern,
I listened with great interest to the debate over fluoride here. I could not believe that NOBODY discussing the situation had read the REPORT on FLUORIDE from the NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCE IN 2006 or the many studies on Fluoride's effects from around the world. I've made a list of sources at the end of this email.
If you read the CURRENT scientific literature on Fluoride from AROUND THE WORLD, the preponderance of the evidence suggests that fluoride has the following effects:
1. It interferes with inter-cellular communications by binding to the "G" Protein. This causes disruption in the production of enzymes, coordination of a variety of metabolic activities and other issues within the human body.
2. Fluoride binds to hormones and receptors on glands. This disrupts hormone production, interferes with the function of glands which results in mood swings and other problems associated with hormones including infertility, low sperm count and motility and impotence.
3. Fluoride has been shown to reduce IQ in studies in China and other countries.
4. Fluoride has a detrimental effect on neural development, cognitive abilities and other elements of function associated with the brain and neurons.
5. Fluoride is implicated in osteo sarcoma among young men and has been identified as a possible co-factor in breast and other cancers.
6. The evidence is mounting that fluoride DOES not improve dental health, but rather makes teeth weaker because it binds to calcium. "Fluoride's topical mechanism probably explains the fact that, since the 1980s, there have been many research reports indicating little difference in tooth decay between fluoridated and non-fluoridated communities (Leverett, 1982; Colquhoun, 1984; 1985 and 1987; Diesendorf, 1986; Gray, 1987; Brunelle and Carlos, 1990; Spencer,1996; deLiefde, 1998; Locker, 1999; Armfield and Spencer, 2004; and Pizzo 2007 - see citations). Poverty is the clearest factor associated with tooth decay, not lack of ingested fluoride. =====>According to the World Health Organization, dental health in 12-year olds in non-fluoridated industrialized countries is as good, if not better, than those in fluoridated countries (Neurath, 2005)."<===
THESE FACTS CAME FROM:
Fluoride in Drinking Water: A Scientific Review of EPA's Standards (2006)
Board on Environmental Studies and Toxicology (BEST)
One of the largest databases of studies on the impact of fluoride
I have read a number of books on this topic. I am not citing all of them but I recommend
The Fluoride Deception by Christopher Bryson and Theo Colborn (Mar 7, 2006)
Fluoride the Aging Factor: How to Recognize and Avoid the Devastating Effects of Fluoride by John Yiamouyiannis (Jun 1993)