Join the Portland Fruit Tree Project in preventing waste, building community, and making fresh fruit available to neighbors in need...
As a Harvest Leader, you will co-lead group harvesting events in your neighborhood! It's a fun way to meet your neighbors and help make locally grown produce available to all.
Harvest Leader Overview: Harvest Leader Responsibilities:
- Attend Harvest Leader training (Thursday July 12th, 5pm - 9pm, or Saturday, July 21st, 10am-4pm)
- Co-lead at least 5 harvesting parties in the 2012 Harvest Season (July-November)
- Oversee harvest participants, coordinate logistics, and facilitate introductions, safety talk and wrap-up during harvesting parties.
- Coordinate delivery of 50% of harvested fruit to a local food pantry
- Keep thorough records
- Attend mid-season Harvest Leader meeting (Wednesday, August 29th, 6:00-7:30pm)
- Complete year-end survey and report (December)
- Celebrate! Attend year-end celebration and volunteer appreciation event in December 2012 (optional).
Applications are due Friday, June 29th.