newswire article announcements portland metro

9.11 investigation | community building

Two candidates for Mayor pushed by Portland Truth Alliance Conspiracy Group

"The Portland 911 Truth Alliance presents two candidates for Mayor"
from  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Portland911Truth/message/1103 by falseflagusa
Someone should warn the 'candidates' the pdx truth ppl are crazies.
Rose City Antifa: Statement on Anti-Semites and their Collaborators
This Saturday, January 28th, 2012, from 11am -1pm The Portland 911 Truth
Alliance presents two candidates for Mayor of Portland: Scott Fernandez and Max
Brunn.

This event starts at 11 a.m. so please be on time. We will meet at True Brew
Coffee Shop at 3370 SE Milwaukie Ave near Powell Blvd.

Scott Fernandez is a microbiologist who repeatedly has questioned the need to
apply the new EPA rules to Portland's water. Scott has fought for years to keep
our water uncovered and unfiltered.

"There is nothing in the science that shows we have a problem," Fernandez says.
"There is no reason for federal intervention."

Max Brumm, the 19-year old whiz-kid who is also running for the Mayor Of
Portland. He probably has received the most press of all the minor party
candidates.

Max's issues include: Working wages, Portland parks, public financing, PDC and
Portland Development and more efficient spending.

Working Wages: I may only have a couple of seasonal jobs under my belt, however,
I've been working since I was 13 years old as an umpire for Little Leagues while
going to school and playing baseball. My umpiring experience has given me the
most personal experience within an organized association. As an umpire for the
Portland Baseball Umpire Association for high school level play, I belong to and
support an association which gives me a thorough understanding of the importance
of equality in representation. My father Bill Brumm works for the State (OSHA in
SEIU 503), and my grandfather Thomas Brumm worked for the Laundry and
Dry-Cleaners Union and the CWA. I have even joined in on picket lines from an
early age. When SEIU went on strike in 1994, my dad was part of the "Flying
Squadron" who occupied the governor's office. I've grown up with the ideas of
workers rights in my family and I plan on taking that into office when I'm Mayor
of Portland.

www.max4mayor.com

Scott Fernandez 28.Jan.2012 09:15

has my vote

What about "don't cap the reservoirs" do folks not understand?

Regardless of endorsers, I would put my vote toward Scott Fernandez any day.

But the group as a whole isn't a nazi group, so that should be made clear. Many in the group are simply progressives who are a bit naive.

Anyway, I'm voting for Scott. Good to know he's on the ballot, or that he wants to be.

Other article seems to be gone 28.Jan.2012 13:11

....

Too bad, there were some relevant comments. And being in the racism section would bring the attention it needed. What's strange is it isn't even listed in the compost as a duplicate...

@has my vote

The Scott guy does sound good. All the more reason to inform him about these loser nutsos before Antifa or someone else jumps on his ass and he has no idea where it's coming from. Ergo:
Someone should warn the 'candidates' the pdx truth ppl are crazies.
Rose City Antifa: Statement on Anti-Semites and their Collaborators

But your comment sounds weird itself, like one of the weirdos trying to cover all bases. Your statement is full of contradictions:

"Sounds like this is just a meet-and-greet hosted by the 911 group, some of which are definitely off-base with some of those they support.

Others are resistant to having others tell them what to do (sound familiar) and who to support."

The group as a whole isn't a Nazi group? Meaning you know some people in it are Nazis or tolerant of the ideology? You say there are naive progressives, implying you know something about the group they are naive about? From your post you seem to know a lot about the group, and are probably a supporting member. It also sounds like you're as naive as you claim other people are.

If I had a candidate I cared about the first thing I'd warn him/her about would be glad-handing Nazi sympathizing fakes. Just google Portland 911 truth Nazis

If you really care about this Scott guy maybe you want to warn him and help him "meet and greet" real activist groups in town.

Gee, I'm really glad to hear they're not a nazi group 28.Jan.2012 15:29

yestheyare

There were a lot of "naive" people who supported the nazis in Germany. They believed many of the same things these "naive" people believe. If it walks like a nazi, talks like a nazi, ...

@yesstheyare 28.Jan.2012 16:06

where's my comment?

I left a similar comment that never went up. Obviously "has my vote" knows the group to know how "naive" some members might be. If he's really interested in supporting Scott, he should warm the guy about the freaks. Google Portland 911 Truth nazis for more.

These people have a history.  http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-11048-anti_fascist_front.html

I know we all hate ww but the comments are worth reading

"Oh geez, i hardly know where to start.

I most definately support ANTIFA actions. Afterall, there's absolutely a threat from right-wing extremist thugs, even here (or especially here?) in Portland. I've demonstrated at Lents park during an anti-facist rally in 2007, just afew months after being arrested/brutalised by cops at an anti-war/imperialist rally in downtown. Hate crimes & violent reprisals have indeed shot straight up since last Fall. Plus, some cowardly piece-o-shit has [once again] been busy trashing my [SE Belmont] neiborhood with "Nationalist Alliance" stickers. "

"PORTLAND911TRUTH ROCKS!

keep standing up for free speech and investigations. Thanks to group efforts we know about the Harley Guy and other suspects on 911.

link to forum.911movement.org

link to forum.911movement.org

PORTLAND911TRUTH HAS NOTHING TO HIDE

KEEP FREE SPEECH FREE

peace"

"Perhaps if the 9/11 Truth Alliance didn't have a fetish for dabbling in National Socialist politics this wouldn't be happening. The "truther" scene has since its beginning been ridden with fervent Nationalism, Racism/Xenophobia, and Political Confusion.

Its not a great feat to take politically confused "truthers" who blame the 9/11 attacks on some insidious "neo-con" conspiracy for world domination, and change the target to "jews", "ZOG", "Communists" etc etc.

Its little wonder you'll also find many of the same confused "truthers" being supporters of the political smoke and mirrors of racists like LaRouche. All in all one can conclude that many of these truthers are merely pawns in a senseless politcal struggle in which they hold next to no comprehension of.

Not all fascists wear Nazi arm bands or Klan robes!

No Platform for Fascists! Nunca Pasaran!"

And this weird one:

""PORTLAND911TRUTH HAS NOTHING TO HIDE"

LOL. Tell that to Mark Humphrey, a Canadian actor harassed by members of this group as "The Harley Guy".

Or Google "Harley Guy Nazis".

They're whining about slander by Antifa? Lol. Antifa is being NICE, all things considered..."

But this one takes the cake
"Tracy:

Hope this helps

1. Who translated it?

I had a friend translate it and to protect him I would rather not give out the information.

2. Of the five photos why was the envelope not included? The envelope, even without a return address, would have date and zip code information that would tell what part of the city it was sent from. The Antifa's office could weigh in...or eliminate...the possibility of their people being involved.

I now have it posted on the pdx911truth.com web site with my address covered up.

Tim Titrud"

HOW DID THE EVIL ANTIFA KNOW HIS ADDRESS? What a fucking phoney...Obviously it was a scam to make antifa look bad.

The Portland Alliance is a shit magnet. Usually a shit magnet that bad is part of the problem.

When you delete or censor for political purposes... 29.Jan.2012 16:36

youobfuscate

There's no way to understand what people are talking about if you delete the comment preceding it. Or is that what you want?

link here? 29.Jan.2012 18:18

not gone

Whers my comment: your question: "There were rumors this group had volunteers at indymedia. Hope that's not true but it would explain why comments/posts in the 911 section lag significantly behind the rest of the site. And why this post on the same subject  http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2012/01/413649.shtml can't even be found in the compost."

Is becaause its a duplicate of post:  http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2012/01/413648.shtml which is viewable to the public.

@not gone 31.Jan.2012 13:31

If it's a duplicate it should be in the compost, no?

It's not. And there were a couple of good comments on that one, none on this one[at the time] but the other one got axed? Logically, if there are dupes, getting rid of the one without comments makes more sense.

That brings us to the issue of duplicate posts in the first place. Why does portland indy have so many? Is something wrong with the site? For years images had a bug and you couldn't click to see them enlarged until recently after someone pointed it out. It was fixed very quickly; maybe someone could do something similar with the duplicate problem, which seems to be related to delayed or failed posting problem. Once this could be blamed on browser issues, but by now we know it's not our browsers, it's the site.

BTW: the message about "patience is a virtue" and "staying calm" that sometimes appears after posting is condescending. If people aren't calm it's because these chronic site problems aren't being fixed, problems most other indy sites don't have.

For the record, delays in the 9/11 section of the website would be acceptable to this reader as policy, if a notice was on the 9/11 page informing readers and potential posters all material in this section is moderated because of the freak magnet 9/11 subjects seem to attract.

Or maybe the time has come for Portland Indymedia to axe the 9/11 section completely. "9/11" as a political issue has been highjacked by right wing/libertarian conspiracy flakes. Unless there's a viable progressive movement in town willing to "take it back", 9/11 is a dead subject on indymedia anyway.

Comment delayed again 31.Jan.2012 14:42

...

About an hour now. I'll assume this is a delay now other delayed comments have gone up. But really, indybees, this is not normal, even for a volunteer website. Other indy sites either have no delay or it's no more than 5 minutes. Either there's some funky code screwing with things or something's broken and needs fixing by someone who knows what they're doing. Maybe something to bring up at the next meeting.

In fact it is the naziesque-racist antifa that are racist 31.Jan.2012 20:29

FalseFlagUSA

The FACT of the matter is that the 911 PDX Truth Group is a public forum and do not hide our identities and believe in free speech. On the other hand the Antifa hides their identities, have closed meetings, write hateful posters and engage in hate speech. Moreover it has been proven that some of the members have allegiance to a well-known racist government that engages in genocide. Now which side would any sane person want to belong to: an open group that endorses democracy and freedom like 911 Truth or a closed hate-mongering group that hides its identity? That's a really difficult choice, isn't it? I almost feel sorry for antifa, but after what I hear they do to each other, I don't feel sorry no more.

Re: FalseFlagUSA 01.Feb.2012 15:21

my real name: RealFlagUSA

If you guys really don't want to hide your identities, then why are you hiding your identity?

Your inability to realize your own hypocrisy is staggering.

By the way, is the "well-known racist government that engages in genocide" the U.S.? If not, and you are an American, you are a hypocrite.

My Portland Truth Alliance experience 05.Feb.2012 14:39

Forrest

Hope this isn't too long for Indymedia comments

Hi. I can tell people for a fact this so called Portland Truth group is running some kind of scam.

I was a liberal frustrated that Bush's story about 911 didn't add up and he was trying to stop an investigation. And it was being used as an excuse for military action. The truther groups had a point, but they seemed to be pushing stupid ideas and full of Alex Jones crazy people. I figured I'd try to get involved anyway and when I moved to Portland in 2008 tried contacting the Portland Truth Alliance.

They were friendly at first but cared more about telling me to "watch out" for some people than what street actions they were planning. Some of the things they said:

---------------------------------------------------
Hello Forrest,

Thanks for writing. You may want to check out this information:

"We formed the September 11 Affinity Group in order to:
- help the radical and liberal sections of the Left to see that 9/11 Truth is a key element for successful campaigns, especially for those engaged in the Peace and Justice movement;
and,
- to participate within the 9/11 Truth movement in ways that allow us to confront, expose, oppose and hopefully neutralize Right-wing influences such as racism, sexism, homophobia, and their "evil sisters": applications that take the form of Jew-hating, Zionism, anti-Islam Crusade mongering, gay-bashing, male supremacy.

There's a bit about the September 11 Affinity Group here:
and here:
(Our pages are in the evolving stage)

Our email group archives are here:

"First they came for the Communists, but I was not a Communist so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Socialists and the Trade Unionists, but I was neither, so I did not speak out. Then they came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew so I did not speak out. And when they came for me, there was no one left to speak out for me."

Petros
------------------------------------------------------
Question; I emailed this other guy called Petros. He was saying all kinds of stuff like I had to worry about homophobia and stuff. Know what thats all about?

Yeah, try to see if I can swing the meetings. You guys do any research? I'm into the CIT stuff; I think they're on to something with the fly over.

Thanks
Forrest
----------------------------------------------------
Petros is an left wing PC intolerant jerk. Most likely he is getting paid by the government to disrupt our effort. It is so obvious that it is almost comical.

Tim
------------------------------------------------------
Whoops. Did I make a mistake siging up with his yahoo group? I thought it was the same group. He seems nice enough. We had some problems in the Bay too. Can make ya alittle paranoid and stuff.

BTW don't think I can make that meeting tonight unless being late is ok. Gotta job search on and stuff.

Forrest
---------------------------------------------------
Petros took over the yahoo group we had. I do not know why but someone gave him the password and Petros starting censoring. The yahoo group is pretty much dead.

Tim
----------------------------------------------------

so I unsubbed from Petros' group and he asked me why. That's when it got really strange:

---------------------------------------------------

Yeah,
sorry, but I emailed lots of people from the list I got and one of them
said this isn't the real Portland 911 group and you hacked the list or
something.

Just got a job and I don't need drama and shit.

Forrest
-----------------------------------------------------
Hi Forrest,

Thanks for writing again.

There's plenty of information online and elsewhere about who I am and what I do. I'm sure you can piece it all together like any mature grown up.

You can look me up here if you like:
or
 link to www.google.com

Do you think I need the drama?
At least you could have had the decency to let me know that you're involved in other games and not taken up my time. Did I bother you or offend you in any way? No.

I have been totally open, available, and transparent to you. But you took my politeness and my eagerness to serve you as a licence to insult me.

Please reconsider. I prefer to have friends than enemies. But when you insult me for no reason, what must I do?

Please reconsider your stance toward me.
Petros

-------------------------------------------------
Re: Fw: Petros is a total psycho dude!!!
forrest
Sorry meant to cc this got rushed. Really, watch out for this prick. See others like him.

Forrest

Forrest wrote:
> Sorry meant to cc this got rushed. Really, watch out for this prick.
> See others like him.
> Forrest
> --- On *Tue, 9/9/08, Forrest wrote:
> From: Forrest
> Subject: Fw: Petros is a total psycho dude!!!
> To: craig_pdx
> All I did was unsubscribe and he's talking about making enemies
> and shit!!!

--------------------------------------------------------
Re: Fw: Petros is a total psycho dude!!!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
From:
"Ginny Ross"

To:
forrest
Cc:
oregontt, "warren pease"

You got that right... GR

---------------------------------------------------
Re: Fw: Petros is a total psycho dude!!!

From:
"oregontt"

To:
Forrest
Petros is beyond psycho. Most likely he is being paid to disrupt.

Tim
-----------------------------------------------

If Petros "took over the Yahoo group" and is "being paid to disrupt", WHY THE FUCK IS TIM STILL ON PETROS' LIST?

Images: props to Antifa
 link to 1.bp.blogspot.com

Those email exchanges with the Portland Alliance were all the same week. But in 2011 Tim was still posting on the list after saying Petros stole it? (a search of oregontt confirms it's the same Tim) As Antifa discovered Petros was always a mod

link to 1.bp.blogspot.com

from  http://fansofantifa.blogspot.com/

The Portland 911 Truth(?) Alliance is a bunch of lying bullshitters. Luckily I had to work the night they had their film thing and it was easy to make meetings. By the time it was the David Irving stuff came out that Tim Titrud was involved with. Which probably means Petros is involved too. They seem to have a close connection.

Whatever questions there were about 911 have been drowned out by crazies. But in the Portland Truth Alliance's case, there's something more than craziness. These people went out of their way to LIE about not being one group. Something always felt weird probably another reason I never tried to contact them again. Reading these comments recently confirmed it

Anyone else have freaky close encounters with this group? FFS stay away from these people. They're running a scam. Someone should investigate.

Forrest

@angry bees, then back on topic 05.Feb.2012 22:53

fairly positive suggestions all things considered

"Negative crap talk and dissing pimc"
"with no money or budget no extra help (couple volunteers) & lots of crap talk directed this way
Its a wonder I want to help here at all? "

Defensive and passive aggressive replies to accurate observations of the site? That were mostly civil? Sorry to hear there are only two volunteers. I'll ask around the tech community and see if someone could donate a weekend to figuring out what can make the site run smoother, or what could be delaying posts. But suggesting no one comment on it in public is out of line imho.

BACK ON TOPIC: These mayor candidates don't look very serious, certainly not if the Portland Truth Alliance organization is the only one promoting them. BTW, the falsaflagusa poster is probably long time 911 conspiracy member Richard Frager.

"11am-12pm "A History of False Flag Events" Presented by a panel of 9-11 activists, 6 different historic "false flag events" will be described and briefly discussed. False Flag actions are, of course, bread and butter for the growing global police state. Don't be caught flat footed Presented by Professor Tim Titrud, Professor Cathie Bell, and Professor Richard Frager Ph.D. V.A.T. "

"Professor" Frager? Oh snap!

Correction to my post "My Portland Truth Alliance experience" 12.Feb.2012 11:10

Forrest

I wrote:
--------------

Images: props to Antifa
 link to 1.bp.blogspot.com

link to 1.bp.blogspot.com

from  http://fansofantifa.blogspot.com/

----------

The second link...proving Petros Evdokas and Tim Titrud are using the same email list years after telling people they think each other are agents or something... should be:

link to 3.bp.blogspot.com

Avoid this supposed "truth" group. Obviously they are lying to their members and the public about their associations and goals.

No official endorsement from Portland 9/11 Truth for Fernandez, or for Anybody. 27.Feb.2013 07:56

A Portland 9/11 Truth Alliance Member

The Portland 9/11 Truth Alliance met with candidate Fernandez (and several other local candidates) at an informal gathering at the True Brew coffee house. The Portland 9/11 Truth Alliance, as a group, never "endorsed" Fernandez or any other candidate. Individual members of the Portland 9/11 Truth Alliance are free to endorse any candidate (or any speaker) that they choose.

rex and the Antifa seize on any remote pretext to slander the Portland 9/11 Truth Alliance. rex and the Antifa are rabid defenders of the US Government's official version of the 9/11 attacks and the bogus "threat of global Islamic terrorism" that justifies the bogus "War on Terrorism", which is actually a US/NATO/Israeli war of aggression for control of the resource-rich Middle East, Africa, and South Asia.

@ Forrest (Gump):
Petros quit the Portland 9/11 Truth Alliance more than 5 years ago. Most current members of the Portland 9/11 Truth Alliance have never met Petros. Go back to your park bench and finish eating your chocolates.