The American Friends Service Committee and the National Priorities Project are co-sponsoring a youth video contest, entitled, "If I had a trillion dollars...." By May 30, 2010, the United States will have spent One Trillion Dollars on the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. What would YOU do if you had one trillion dollars???!!!
Briefly, details about the contest are as follows:
1. Videographers must be between the ages of 13 and 23.
2. The video must be between 1 and 3 minutes in length.
3. The subject of the video is the cost of the Wars and how these monies could be redirected: "If I had a trillion dollars...."
4. The deadline is NOVEMBER 30, 2010. (Note that the deadline has been extended from the previous deadline of July 30, 2010.)
5. First prize: $500 and a trip for two to Washington, D.C., to show this film to your legislator
Second and third prizes: flip video cameras
More information on the contest, including talking points and videos already submitted by youth, can be found at the American Friends Service Committee website: