On behalf of radical, systemic change, this three part class led by Mark Lakeman will be an integrated, interactive, collaborative, and design-oriented experience for people who want to focus their life energy and capacity for action through hands-on, constructive, transformative projects.
* This class will include dialogue-based mutual learning, focused upon action.
* Localization will be a guiding principle as we explore ecological creative processes of design and building within the worlds of Natural Building and Permaculture.
* We will examine, diagram & test integrated concepts for transforming every urban system.
* This class will explore numerous alternative organismal configurations, emphasizing the interplay of planned and spontaneous group and individual creative processes.
* We will also design, and plan to enact, several urban intervention prototypes that can potentially polarize static, non-place social contexts.
* We will sample-build utilizing at least five different Natural Building techniques, including cob, light strawclay, strawbale, earth bags, and bale cob.
The three workshops will be held on May 14, 21, and 28th from 6-8:30 PM at City Repair headquarters.