FROM IRRADIATING PORTLAND
Life-saving Information for the Wireless Age
1. Thousands of scientific studies have been conducted internationally and the results are conclusive. Wireless microwave radiation has the same effects on human health as ionizing radiation from X-rays. The International Commission for Electromagnetic Safety held a conference in Benevento, Italy in 2007 . They confirmed that in study after study the results are conclusive: RF and microwaves damage living cells. There is no safe threshold. Very low doses of this radiation can have the same damaging effects as high doses..
2. The latest scientific research confirms that our children are imperiled by the repeated use of cell phones,
wi-fi and by constant exposure from any of the two million microwave antenna installations which pollute.
this country. Surveys reveal that the average American child under 18 now spends several hours a day
irradiating himself with his cell phone "toy." Meantime, Swedish scientists report that children and teens
who use cell phones are up to five times more likely than non-users to suffer glioma brain cancer. Gliomas
are among the most difficult to treat and deadly of human cancers. Children who use cordless household
phones have over four times the risk of developing brain tumors.
3. Recent epidemiological studies of people who live or work close to microwave antenna installations reveal that radiation from these antennas causes numerous ill effects including: sleeplessness, chronic fatigue, hormone imbalance, neurological impairments, problems with vision and hearing, numerous psychological abnormalities plus high cancer rates.
4. Thanks to several millions of communications installations and antennas broadcasting wireless microwave radiation 24/7, our environment is now saturated with high frequency pollution at levels hundreds to thousands of times higher than that shown to cause illness and reproductive problems in birds, animals, insects and humans.
5. The German Parliament warns its citizens to "avoid radiation exposure due to wireless internet networks." BBC reported in May 2007 that schools that use wi-fi are exposing children to 3 times more radiation intensity than that from cell phone antennas. The Russian National Committee on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection advises that potential risk for the children's health is very high because a child's head absorbs considerably more radiation than that of an adult.
6. Leading cancer experts and other health specialists across the globe continue to publish urgent warnings that current wireless microwave exposure levels are scientifically indefensible, extremely dangerous and must be immediately revised to drastically reduce ever-increasing public exposure.
7. In 2007, 14 leading scientists, researchers and public health experts announced in the comprehensive BioInitiative Report that microwave-emitting mobile communications devices are extremely dangerous to human health and must be re-designed to work only with wired headsets or speakerphones.
8. In 2008, award-winning Australian neurosurgeon Dr.Vini Khurana warned that numerous published studies provide ample evidence that mobile phone radiation is a potent carcinogen, which may kill far more people than smoking or asbestos.
9. Mobile phone radiation efficiently rips the DNA out of human cells, laying the foundation for cancer. European researchers have gathered over 220 peer-reviewed and published papers showing strong indications for the cancer-initiating and cancer promoting effects of mobile phone technology.
10. European research funded by the European Commission shows that 24 hours of mobile phone radiation at typical emission levels causes cell/tissue damage equivalent to 1600 chest X-rays.
11. Because mobile phone radiation devastates both DNA and inheritable chromosomes, it is a potent mutagen and teratogen capable of causing human sterility, pregnancy complications and birth defects.
12. Long term use of a mobile phone can cause inner ear damage and lead to high frequency hearing loss, according to the American Academy of Otolaryngology.
13. While surveys show that the average child under 18 now uses a mobile phone up to 4 hours a day, Swedish cancer researcher Lennart Hardell reports that children who use wireless phones are up to five times more likely to develop glioma, a particularly deadly and difficult to treat type of human brain cancer.
14. Swedish scientist Kjell Mild reports that by the time a mobile phone user has irradiated his head for 2000 hours, his risk of developing a malignant brain tumor has increased by 240 percent.
15. Mobile phone radiation causes rapid aging of human tissues-- especially the skin--by damaging the supportive collagen, thus causing cell shrinkage and wrinkling.
16. Mobile phone radiation precipitates radical changes in human blood pressure, while causing red blood cells to clump together (agglutinate) and to leak hemoglobin. These abnormal circulatory conditions can lead to kidney stones, stroke and heart attack.
17. There is now a large body of scientific work showing that mobile phone radiation efficiently generates a number of pathological brain changes inherent in conditions such as transient memory loss, dementia, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.
For The Latest Information & Articles on Dangers of Wireless Technology: "Generation X'd Out: An End to the Human Species as We've Known It?" http://proliberty.com/observer/20081120.htm
Radio Frequency: http://www.uncg.edu/~t_hunter/frequency04.html
Bio-Initiative Report 2007: http://www.bioinitiative.org/report/index.htm