In this 20-hr training, a Portland-based street medic & health collective (until recently called Portland Street Medix) will present a crash course on first aid, emergency care, and caring for our friends & comrades at actions, marches, rallies, and other mobilizations. Specifically, we will cover:
• Basic Assessment
• Recognizing Signs & Symptoms of common injuries/illnesses
• Identifying Red Flags for Evacuation
• Low-Risk Treatments
• Emergency Care & Activating EMS
• Police Violence / Weapons
• Special Concerns as Street Medics
• Functioning within support infrastructure
• Introduction to Basic Herbalism & Aftercare
• and more...
For more information or to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . We will cap at 16 participants, so sign up quickly. There is a small registration fee, but every effort will be made to make the training accessible—including Safer Space, negotiable fee, alter-able access. If you are interested in being involved/attending, you may also call 503-784-1113
*This will not confer any official certification, but should be of interest for anyone seeking an important support role in activist and community work—and creating communities of care.