Official Press Release
Bloom 2008: Tryon Life Community Farm's 4th Annual Spring Benefit
SATURDAY, APRIL 26TH, 2pm-MIDNIGHT
Sliding Scale: $50-$10 (worktrade available)
THIS IS A BENEFIT FOR TRYON LIFE COMMUNITY FARM
This is a No Alcohol Event
Please park at Riverdale High School: 9727 SW Terwilliger Blvd, PDX - 97219
A shuttle will be provided. Biking and carpooling encouraged.
For more info, directions, schedule and general info, please Visit: www.tryonfarm.org/share/bloom-2008 or www.tryonfarm.org
Join us on Saturday April 26th at Tryon Life Community Farm for an all day benefit celebration! At the forefront of turning vision into action, we will educate, celebrate, demonstrate, and co-create in this Permaculture haven and seven-acre preserved green space within the city of Portland. Enjoy live musical performances spanning genres of folk, world, and dance. Participate in educational workshops. Delight your senses with local, organic food, tonics, and desserts. Rejoice with friends and family the creation of an ecologically viable future within our community!
* Cassandra Robertson - acoustic conscious folk (www.cassandrarobertson.com)
* Njuzu Mbira - Traditional dance music of Zimbabwe (www.cdbaby.com/cd/njuzumbira)
* Calynco - World Fusion born out of Calypso and Flamenco (www.calynco.com)
* SaraTone - Acoustic Soul Expression and Mystical Dub (www.sonicbids.com/saratone)
* Alpaca! - Dance your pants off! (www.myspace.com/alpacaband)
* Off The Grid - Electronic/NuJazz (www.myspace.com/offthegridportland)
* Zine Making 101 with Ari - Since the invention of the printing press (if not before), dissidents and marginalized citizens have published their own opinions in leaflet and pamphlet form, which in modern times is know as a 'zine'. Come and learn the basics of making a small 'magaZine' in this 1 hour workshop. Ari will be helping us assemble a zine in class and copies will be available shortly afterwards! 4:00
* Ivy Basket Weaving with Kiliii - Join us for a 1 hour workshop on how to harvest English Ivy and make it into a beautiful basket or other creative creation. Kiliii Yu is a local hero when it comes to reintroducing people to their natural environments and will be leading this fun and creative workshop. 3:00-4:00
* Mushroom Walk with Jordan Weiss - Ever wanted to know more about mushrooms that grow in the area? Take a half hour walk with TLC Farm's mushroom guru and learn more about your local fungi friends and how to foster their growth. 5:00-5:30
* Community Yoga with Lauren Turley - Come and Start off your BLOOM experience reaching for the trees and breathing with the forest and animals! Lauren will lead us for 45 minutes through some easy and simple yoga poses to set the tone for the days events. 2:15-3:00
* Lulu's Raw Chocolate Alchemy is a small Portland chocolate company dedicated to bringing you chocolate as close from the tree to the table as possible. Lulu handcrafts all of her raw chocolate using fair trade, organic ingredients and sweetens it with agave nectar and lots of love. Lulu's Chocolate was born from a desire to eat pure, whole foods combined with a passion for gourmet chocolate. " I aim to please your palate and lift your spirit! " luluschocolate.com
* Olympian Falafels are created by Harold Clark and friends as a sustainable business idea for his course work at Evergreen State College in Olypmia, Washington. These creations will be made with as many local ingredients from the Pacific Northwest as possible. - 4:00
* Heartsong Herbal Brewing Company will be bringing an assortment of chai and pepper brews made in Ashland, Oregon. "Raising the vibration of the nation through hydration!"
* TLC Cob Oven Pizzas - If you have been to the Farm before, chances are you have had a piece of tasty pizza from the TLC Cob Oven. These pizzas will be made to order and will offer a variety of fresh spring toppings! YUM! - 2:00
This is a family friendly / alcohol-free event; food and drink not included in admission price.
Tryon Life Community Farm
11640 SW Boones Ferry Road
Portland, OR 97219
.::Tryon Life Community Farm grows community learning in Portland while preserving common green space, restoring native ecosystems, and demonstrating sustainable urban density living :: At the confluence of rural farm land and native forest, in an urban center, TLC Farm is a place of cooperation and crossroads for a diversity of people::.
(Special Thanks to Rob Pellicer for design and love. - robpea.com)