1. St. Johns Bridge - the most obvious landmark in the DAW Report map.
2. ExxonMobil Refining & Supply Company - just to the northwest of the bridge at 9420 NW St Helens Road Portland, OR 97231. (1)
3. Schnitzer Investment Corp. and Schnitzer Steel Industries - they own the property just south of the bridge at 6529 NW Front Avenue Portland, OR 97210 (2). Interestingly, the CEO of Schnitzer Steel is John D. Carter (3), who is the former Executive Vice President and Director of Bechtel Group, Inc., the former President of Bechtel Enterprises, Inc., and is currently the Director of FLIR Systems, Inc. (4), which is a thermal imaging/defense related company.
Any and all additions to this list would be welcome. I am curious just because I don't know that stretch of town that well.
(1) - http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Portland,+OR,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title
(2) - link to maps.google.com
(3) - http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=schn
(4) - link to 126.96.36.199