To all sane Americans: Please, get these men out of our country and our oil!!!!!!!
Please tell your congress to stop supporting the new "Saddam" of the middle east. Ilham Aliev is a disgrace and a human rights violator!
Who is AmCham and what does it want in Azerbaijan?
US-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce
According to the official web site, United States-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce (USACC) is an "independent, non-profit American organization, whose purpose is to facilitate business and cooperation between the American people and the people of Azerbaijan." USACC is a nonprofit corporation in the District of Columbia and is recognized as a 501 (c)(6) tax-exempt organization under the Internal Revenue Code.
* 1 Goals
* 2 Azerbaijan Trade and Cultural Center
* 3 Officers
o 3.1 Honorary Council of Advisors
o 3.2 Chairman Emeritus
o 3.3 Co-Chairman of the Board
o 3.4 Vice-Chairman of the Board
o 3.5 Board of Directors
o 3.6 Board of Trustees
o 3.7 Officers
* 4 Contact
* 5 External Links
The stated goals of the USACC are:
* To facilitate and encourage trade and investment in Azerbaijan;
* To provide a forum for members to interact with policy makers from Azerbaijan and the United States as well as with non-governmental experts.
* To serve as a liaison with governmental and non-governmental entities, business organizations, think tanks, and to encourage cooperation and information exchange;
* To provide reliable information and networking services and create an environment where partnerships and exchanges thrive;
* To sponsor educational programs, trade missions, seminars, conferences and publications to foster cultural and business interests;
* To create more understanding and knowledge about the Republic of Azerbaijan in the United States through the Azerbaijan Trade and Cultural Center; and
* To develop and maintain humanitarian programs for the refugee population of Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan Trade and Cultural Center
The USACC also owns and operates The Azerbaijan Trade and Cultural Center, which is a "four-story historic building ... located in the heart of Georgetown at 1212 Potomac Street." The Azerbaijan Trade and Cultural Center was inaugurated by His Excellency Heydar Aliyev, President, Republic of Azerbaijan on September 11, 2000.
Honorary Council of Advisors
* James Addison Baker III
* Lloyd Bentsen
* Zbigniew Brzezinski
* Richard Bruce Dick Cheney (resigned November 2000)
* Henry Kissinger
* Brent Scowcroft
* John Sununu
* T. Don Stacy
Co-Chairman of the Board
* Tim Cejka
* Reza Vaziri
Vice-Chairman of the Board
* James A. Baker IV
Board of Directors
* Richard Armitage (resigned February 2001)
* Farhad Azima
* Betty Blair
* Howard Chase
* Don Condon
* Stanley Escudero
* Nader Fahm
* Andrew Fawthrop
* Mike Kostiw
* David Sambrooks
* Gregory K. Williams
Board of Trustees
* Abdullah Akyuz
* Ilham Aliyev
* Graham Allison
* Sam Brownback 
* Frank Henke
* Richard Moncrief
* Hafiz Pashayev
* Richard N. Perle
* Joseph R. Pitts
* John Roberts
* Stephen Robertson
* Nancy Tuomey
* Frank Verrastro
* Theodore Ted Jonas, Legal Counsel & Secretary
* Karl Mattison, Treasurer
* Seymour Khalilov, Executive Director
US-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce
1212 Potomac Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20007
Phone: (202) 333-8702
Fax: (202) 333-8703
* Announcing The US-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce, Azerbaijan International, Spring 1996. "The Chamber extends deep appreciation to the following companies which have contributed to its establishment: Amoco, BP America, Chevron, Exxon, Mobil, Occidental, Panalpina, and Unocal."
* Caspian Watch # 5: Senator Byrd Takes the Lead in Securing U.S. Access To 200 Billion Barrels of Oil in the Caspian Sea, Center for Security Policy, February 1997. "This conference, sponsored by the US-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce (USACC), involved some 300 participants, including in addition to Senator Robert Byrd: former Secretary of Defense Richard Bruce Dick Cheney, former Assistant Secretary of Defense Richard N. Perle, former Deputy Energy Secretary William White, U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan Richard Kauzlarich, Azerbaijan's Ambassador to the U.S. Hafiz Pashayev and the former U.S. mediator on the Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict Ambassador John Maresca."
* US-Azerbaijan Chamber of Commerce Fellowships/The Caspian Studies Program, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University.
* Azeri Chamber of Commerce and Industry Promotes Foreign Trade and Investment by Derek Nowek, BISNIS, May 2001.
* TDA Awards WTO Technical Assistance Grant to Azerbaijan, Trade & Export News, March 2, 2002.
* U.S. Eyes Caspian Oil In "War On Terror" by Armen Georgian, ZNet, May 01, 2002. Armenian National Committee, San Francisco/Bay Area web site. Also see Centre for Research on Globalization version.
* President Aliyev Visits Washington, Azerbaijan Newsletter, Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Washington, D.C., February 28, 2003.
Retrieved from " http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=US-Azerbaijan_Chamber_of_Commerce"
contribute to this article
add comment to discussion