We met today on the 14th of Αpril, we are people of different territories and countries of Europe. We participate in the third Action Conference against the G8 Summit in Rostock. Several of us took part in the Global Meeting organized on the 31th of Μarch in Venice, where we began to coordinate on an European level. Facing our committements to participate in the protest and actions against the G8 summit, we want to share some agreements about borders control and freedom of movement.
We state that:
1) All human beings must have a freedom of movement in a Europe and in a world without borders.
2) We refuse any control, repression and ban used by European polices to stop peoples moving toward the protest against the G8, and we reject any classification and discrimination between protesters.
3) We will express solidarity to people facing problems at the borders and we will coordinate efforts to guarantee the right of movement through the first week of June.
4) A political Europe already exists and it's based on border control and capitalistic economy, instead we are building another Europe of equality, justice and equal rights for all.
5) We call for actions of solidarity on embassies, consulates, Goethe-Institutes, German enterprises all over Europe and the world. In this context we will respect every form of action and protest.
This text has been discussed and supported by participants from Greece, Italy, Poland, Russia, Latvia, Estonia, France, U.K., Sweden, Belgium, Denmark, Czech Republic, Netherlands, U.S.A. and Canada.
We will be everywhere!
Rostock, April 14th 2007
International Meeting against G8-Summit
About and against the G8-Summit 2007