NORTHWEST CLIMATE JUSTICE SUMMIT
February 2-4th, 2007
University of Washington, Seattle
Bringing Climate and Clean Energy Activism to the Northwest
Join us at the first ever, Northwest Climate Justice Summit, hosted by the Sierra Student Coalition with the support of the Energy Action Coalition.
During the past several years, the youth climate movement has been sweeping campuses across the country. It's time to bring it to the Northwest in full force. To fight global warming, we need to act TOGETHER and NOW.
Join us to...
- Get Skillz. Receive trainings (by experienced SSC student organizers) on starting student organizations, working with the media, running energy and climate campaigns at your school and more!
- Connect with allies. Help build a strong, active, and successful network of student climate activists in the Northwest.
- Get inspired. Witness the human side in the fight against global warming- hearing stories of direct victims of climate change from Global Exchange.
- Share experiences. See how other students in the Northwest have responded to the challenge- learning from each other's work to bring clean energy, efficiency, and renewables to campus
- Make friends. Eat delicious food and have a grand time with cool, new, like-minded students from across the region
- Hear the Rumble of a Movement. Listen to awesome speakers in the Climate Movement, including leaders of the Energy Action Coalition and Seattle's own Mayor Greg Nickels- creator of the Mayor's Climate Protection Agreement.
Costs: Please bring cash, check, or money order made out to "Sierra Student Coalition" upon check-in of the event (which is Friday, Feb. 4 by 6pm).
$10 for individual participant OR $30 for each group of 4 participants
Travel: Carpools will be arranged from major metropolitan cities in the region, limited travel scholarships will be available for those who apply.
LOOK ONLINE FOR MORE INFORMATION AND REGISTER TODAY!