Educational Forum: On U.S. Senate Bill 517 - Experimental Weather Modification Adverse impacts on Agriculture and Micro-Climates Current Weather Modification Programs (80 Ongoing)!!
Date: November 4th, 2006
Location: Main Public Library, 801 SW 10th Avenue, Portland, Oregon 12 Noon - 5:30 P.M.
Contact: David Morrison (503) 295-6882
Guest Speakers & Presentations by:
Bridget Conroy, Agriculture Defense Coalition, Arizona Representative
Rosalind Peterson, Agriculture Defense Coalition, California Representative
Former U.S.D.A Agriculture Crop Loss Adjustor
California Farm Service Agency, State of California
1) U.S. Senate Bill 517 & U.S. House Bill 2005 (An experimental weather modification bill.)
U.S. Senate Bill 517 and U.S. House Bill 2995, a bill that would allow experimental weather modification by artificial methods and implement a national weather modification policy, does not include agriculture or public oversight. It is expected to be brought to the floor for a vote in both the U.S. Senate and U.S. House in 2006.
The appointed Board of Directors established by this bill does not include any agricultural, water, EPA, or public representatives, and has no provisions for Congressional, State, County, or public oversight of their actions or expenditures. The implications of passage of this bill will be discussed.
2) Experimental weather modification programs (Both current and proposed)
More than 50 experimental programs were used in 2005 listed by NOAA in the Western United States and more programs are ongoing in 2006. The impacts of these programs will be examined in depth.
3) Adverse impacts of jet fuel emissions and persistent jet contrails on crop and their
impact on crop production and human health. Persistent jet contrails produce man-made clouds (NASA October 2005 Newsletter), changing our climate, exacerbating global warming, and negatively impacting natural resources. Research in this area will be presented.
4) Atmospheric heating and testing programs that may impact our weather and may be polluting our water and air with toxic chemicals will be examined. EPA required drinking water test results taken throughout two states by government agencies will be introduced.
5) Tree declines and lower crop production across the United States will be discussed along with issues of global dimming and reduced photosynthesis.
6) Geoengineering plans that would add sulfur and other toxic chemicals to our atmosphere and oceans - impacts on public health, crop production, and trees will be explored during this educational forum.
*We are requesting volunteers from Oregon, Washington, and surrounding states, who are interested in attending or volunteering their time for this event to contact David Morrison.
Available at this educational symposium will be a Science Channel DVD on experimental current weather modification programs, photographs, posters, and educational materials. Presentations will be made regarding the various subjects listed above.
We will also present information and discussion of action that can be taken by groups and individuals that are interested in learning more about these subjects, what your elected officials know about U.S. Senate Bill 517, and its ultimate impact on your water supplies, climate, and crop production.
Learn more about these topics - contact us if you have additional questions.