Think about what local organzers in the gulf right now are going through:
1. You've got a HUGE amount of forces working against progressive causes of all sorts right now.
2. You've got to rebuild your own life while trying to organize.
3. You're organization's activists, members, volunteers, etc. may have relocated.
4. Your office may have been destroyed.
5. Your living in one of the most conservative areas in the country.
6. Everything you've been doing is made hugely more massive by the events of the past year. (e.g., prisoner or housing advocacy).
Please consider supporting groups down there!
Rising Tide has a fund for groups going - contact katrina@--------->@risingtidenorthamerica.org for more info. 100% goes to these groups. We have no overhead or staff to pay.
You can see a list of some groups worth supporting here: