Each time Critical Mass rolls out, we demonstrate that:
-'we are not blocking traffic, we ARE traffic'
- bicycling is FUN
- bicycling is a good transportation option in Portland
- driver awareness of bicycles is automatically increased
- opportunities regularly emerge to educate police and other officials with respect to the rule of law concerning bicycles
- many opportunities emerge to observe police abuses, to document them, and to apply pressure towards holding officers to account for their behavior
- a significant number of bystanders often witness various police abuses, and are then able to make more informed decisions regarding policies and performance of our local officials
- Critical Mass always makes most observers smile and feel happy; that has been scientifically proven, and that's always good
On last night's ride, I handed out several informative fliers in commemoration of the Katrina War in the Poor catastrophe and hurricane, which someone else had thoughtfully prepared. THIS is outreach and cooperation. At least two new people that I know of, joined the ride last night, learned about the ride, and plan to attend in the future. THIS is community building.
We will win...we are winning...we have won!
Yay Critical Mass! It is unstoppable!
Sounds like the corporatists are trying to outlaw CM in NYC. We will not allow that to happen in P-town.