newswire article reporting united states

actions & protests | media criticism

CNN CALLS LAMONT = AL QAEDA

cnn calls lamont the al qaeda candidate.
LET CNN KNOW HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS DISGUSTING UNCONSCIONABLE PUTRID TREASONOUS VISCIOUS ATTACK ON THE DEMOCRATIC (SIC) PROCESS.

Cal Thomas: Democrats Are Now The "Taliban"
by Hunter
Fri Aug 11, 2006 at 03:53:44 PM PDT

This is the biggest piece of shit Cal Thomas has ever published in his entire career -- and given Cal Thomas' career, that's saying something.

The narrow primary defeat of veteran Sen. Joe Lieberman in Connecticut's Democratic primary is more than a loss for one man. It is a loss for his party and for the country. It completes the capture of the Democratic Party by its Taliban wing.

CNN Headline News Says Lamont = Al Qaeda
by Hunter

Fri Aug 11, 2006 at 05:25:07 PM PDT

Sigh. They're like robots. Little metal-skulled, hive-minded robots. From Think Progress:

Today on CNN Headline News, anchor Chuck Roberts discussed the impact of the foiled British terror plot with Hotline senior editor John Mercurio. Roberts asked Mercurio, "How does this factor into the Lieberman/Lamont contest? And might some argue, as some have already argued, that Lamont is the al Qaeda candidate?"

"And might some argue that Lamont is the al Qaeda candidate?" Seriously, it's like the rainbow of terror has now crawled entirely up inside the Anus of Collective Punditry. (Actually, I think I've read Star Trek fan fiction like that, although it might have just been an exceptionally bad Ann Coulter column. And come to think of it, I've never read Star Trek fan fiction.)
You know, some might argue that Chuck Roberts blows retired crack whores in exchange for their used Burger King collectable cups. Not ME, mind you -- I'm just sayin' some people might argue that.
Honestly, CNN, just apologize. You know it's the right thing to do.
Update [2006-8-11 20:28:56 by Hunter]: Also see recommended diary by mondalein88.

Don't let Ned Lamont get Swiftboated - GET UP IN CNN'S GRILL
by mondalein88
Fri Aug 11, 2006 at 02:40:30 PM PDT

"Is Ned Lamont the Al Qaeda candidate?"
This was the question that CNN's Nice Haircut Chuck Roberts posed this afternoon to Hotline's John Mercurio.
He followed it up with, say it with me, "... as some have said ... "
Patriotism may be the last refuge of a scoundrel but the "people are saying" weasel phrase is closing fast.
mondalein88's diary :: ::

Think Progress has the video:  http://thinkprogress.org/2006/08/11/headline-news-lamont/
I won't get into why Roberts' question is yellow and vomit-inducing. I'm pretty sure that's clear. However, when I called CNN / Time Warner to complain the rep I talked to said that he had not heard of the question and had not gotten any calls about it.
I am a CT resident and I both donated to and voted for Ned. Let's not let this bullshit stand, hmm? This idea has already been trumpeted by Cheney and Lieberman and I expect to hear it for the next 3 months, fulminating from underneath Sean Hannity's brow ridge.
CNN's number is 404 827 1700. It would be lovely if the got several hundred calls sticking up for Ned.
Let's get a jump on them. Think what it would have done for John Kerry. Think what it COULD do for Ned.

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.10.9/417 - Release Date: 8/11/2006
I think it's great 12.Aug.2006 00:53

me

The more they repeat this ridiculousness, the more discredited they become in the minds of sane people, even in the Belly of the Beast, the (insane) US. More and more people start to view the entire corporate media with the contempt it so richly deserves.

The next step, once CT voter gets tired of complaining to the brick wall of corporate media PR flacks, is to turn the damn thing OFF.

Getting there, step by step...

Here is URL to contact CNN 12.Aug.2006 01:30

me

go to

Demand they reply to your comment.
Demand they issue an apology or written statement
post your results back here on indymedia.

we need to keep on this until they fess up.

Please Feature this Article 12.Aug.2006 10:22

Stop the Info Terrorists!

This is absolute EVIL!

If the media power structer is allowed to label whomever they choose with impunity, how can any person living under its electronic cloud hope to have any idea what is going on.

Calling Ned Lamont is tantimount to callin him the anti-christ. We can not aloow this to continue to go unchallenged because, as the previous poster said, it will only get worse.

The main stream media is engaging in Info-Terrorism. The are info-terrorist. They use hyperbole speculation and a myopic focus to scare the crap out of people. Then they sell them tooth paste and tell them what to believe.

The continual repeating of any idea, true or false, leads to eventual beilief of the idea. This is just the way the human mind works. When the media repeats and invents fear mongering idea, the are acting as info terrorists, dropping bombs into the psyches of everyday people. Real bombs with real consequences.

I don't know Ned Lamont at all. I hear he's a millionaire which makes him pretty suspect with me. I do however know the media. I'll be calling CNN after I hit the send button this morning and I hope you do the same. The reign of info terrorism must be resisted!

CNN 1-404 827 1700

go to  http://www.cnn.com/feedback

Demand they reply to your comment.
Demand they issue an apology or written statement
Post your results back here on indymedia.
Info Terrorist!
Info Terrorist!

becoming 12.Aug.2006 10:33

a media warrior

is a very valid action
there are those that totally reject mainstream media and that is their choice
but for others it has become a battlefront worth putting in their two cents
so, thanks for the report and associated links

that comment 13.Aug.2006 20:16

record setter

The "voting for Lamont is voting for al Qaeda" I believe was actually first drawn from a statement that presidential press secretary, Tony Snow, made. But if you go back and review the transcript, he didn't actually say that (he said that the Dems are willing to turn and walk away from the "war on terror" and that kind of attitude led to September 11, and he said that was the direction that Lamont would take the country - same idea, but stated in a less obvious way).

CNN took an implication and stated it directly, which is lazy, irresponsible and biased journalism. It's a pity, because CNN is in a position to powerfully influence public opinion. They're obviously shirking that duty in a huge way.