Michael Smith, Republican of Corvallis, OR
for President of the US
a few points from his website-
- Only those federal functions specifically mandated by the US Constitution should be funded.
- The government should stay out of the private lives of consenting adults.
- Abortion hinges on individual belief regarding the inception of life. The government shouldn't make policy on matters of belief.
- Drug use should be de-felonized.
- Creationism and "intelligent design" are beliefs, not science.
- Gay marriage is no threat to the social fabric.
- Gays should not be persecuted for their admirable desire to serve their country.
- Assisted Suicide is a matter of states' rights.
- The federal government coerced states to raise the drinking age by threatening to withhold highway funds. An 18 year old can vote, join the military, have an abortion, and ought to be able to drink a beer.
see his web site for more common sense:
He certainly beats the hell out of liars, fascists,
plunderers of the treasury, torturers, murderers
and war-mongers any day of the week.