Email/comment if you can help. Jobs: |
* Tell all your friends
* Make and post posters
* Roll Pekoe joints and smoke them around town while handing out literature
* Drop "protest kits" containing 1 pekoe joint and 1 information card all over town.
Here's the information. Feel free to write your own for posters and information cards--or just use this one to save time:
At 4:20 on 4/20/06, join us to roll and smoke a joint of Orange Pekoe Tea, which smells like pot when burnt, in Pioneer Courthouse Square. http://www.myspace.com/420pdx1. 40% of American adults favor all-out legalization and 72% believe that Marijuana possession should be punished by a fine without jail-time (CNN/Time 2002), but both Parties ignore public opinion. One of us is arrested for pot every 18 seconds (FBI 2004).
2. Don't expect change through the Proper Channels. They haven't worked yet, and never will, so long as the Parties can count on our silence and alienation.
3. Neither should we expect change through private rebellions. In 70 years, we've never changed the law by smoking in secret, by letting others take the fall.
4. What should we do? Unite visibly; overcome alienation and prove it. At 4:20 on 4/20/06, roll and smoke a joint of Orange Pekoe Tea in Pioneer Courthouse Square. It's legal, safe, and smells like pot. Bring extras--smoke them, share them, scatter them.