Today I learned (or re-learned after forgetting):
1) Ice Biking can be done, if you are courageous or stupid but it helps to be a little of both.
2) For steep, slick downhills, PUT FEET DOWN 'cause the brakes aren't gonna help you.
3) Keep it slow for turns.
4) Studded tires (yes, they make them for bicycles) or knobbies would help, but for lack of good traction a good strategy is to ride on less-tracked areas where the snow is not compacted to ice.
5) Falls aren't so bad since there is less friction... you slide rather than skid.
6) Make sure you don't fall on the tailbone!
More helpful info: