newswire article reposts united states

9.11 investigation

Rep. McKinney to Hold All Day Briefing on 9/11 -- Exposing Sham of 9/11 Report

Rep. McKinney to Hold All Day Briefing on 9/11 -- Exposing Sham of 9/11 Report
Friday, July 15, 2005 - 06:47 AM
Posted by: khence Press Advisory
Contact: John Judge, staff assistant 202-225-1605

July 22nd Congressional Briefing:
The 9/11 Commission Report One Year Later:
A Citizens' Response - Did They Get It Right?

On July 22, 2005, Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) will host a full-day briefing, co-sponsored by Rep. Raśl Grijalva (D-AZ), and other sponsors, for Members of Congress and their staffs in the Caucus Room, Cannon House Office Building, Room 345, Independence Ave. & First Street SE, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. One year after the release of the 9/11 Commission Final Report many questions about what transpired on September 11, 2001 and who should be held accountable still remain unanswered. Serious flaws and omissions in the Report have been addressed by whistleblowers and academics. Well known researchers and authors have put the events of that day into historical perspective, and have suggested possible alternatives to the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission regarding intelligence reform, domestic and foreign policy. The hard evidence has yet to be properly evaluated, and points to the need for full transparency, release of information, and continued probative investigations to have an effective, democratic response to the crisis that confronts all of us.

Family members of the victims of 9/11 will present a "Report Card" to address their still unanswered questions about the events of 9/11 and the lack of accountability for the security and intelligence failures that may have allowed these events to happen. Other experts will speak to the flaws in the 9/11 Commission's process, including conflicts of interest, lack of transparency, investigative rigor and public input, and the many whistleblowers ignored by the Commission.

One panel of experts will explore the omissions and errors in the Commission's Final Report, including the timeline of NORAD/FAA and P-56 defense responses that day, the suspects and plot, the background of Al Qaeda and bin Laden, the involvement of other countries, the obstruction of investigations by the FBI and CIA, and foreknowledge and forewarnings prior to the attacks. Another panel will place 9/11 into historical perspective and look at the flawed assumptions that misled the Commission's work, including the politics of illegal drugs, oil investments, covert operations and terrorism, as well as past covert operations like Contragate and the rise of the neo-conservatives and their agenda.

The last half of the day will be a critical examination by experts of the Commission's recommendations concerning domestic and foreign policy and intelligence reforms, suggesting other alternatives and policies that could lead to real security and preserve civil liberties and democracy. Rep. McKinney will also address the need for further investigation and opening the evidence for public scrutiny.

A list of confirmed speakers so for includes:

Robert McIlvaine, father of 9/11 victim, member of September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows

Marilyn Rosenthal, mother of 9/11 victim, professor at U. of Michigan, expert on forewarnings to 9/11

Robert Baer, author of Sleeping with the Devil and See No Evil, former CIA

Nafeez Ahmed, author of The War on Truth, Director, Institute for Policy Research & Development

Jumana Musa, Amnesty International

Melvin Goodman, Fellow, Center for International Policy, former CIA

John Newman, Ph.D., professor University of West Virginia, former NSA analyst

Paul Thompson, author of The Terror Timeline

Elaine Cassel, author of The War on Civil Liberties, legal expert

William Michaels, author of No Greater Threat

Lauretta Napoleoni, author of Terror Incorporated: Tracing the Dollars Behind the Terror Networks

Anne Norton, author of Leo Strauss and the Politics of American Empire

Mary Rose Oaker, President, American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, legal expert

Peter Dale Scott, Ph.D., professor UC Berkeley, author of Drugs, Oil and War, former Canadian diplomat

Murray Weiss, author of The Man Who Warned America concerning FBI agent John O'Neill who died on 9/11
[url] link to www.911citizenswatch.org]
yay, Cynthia! 15.Jul.2005 23:40

911 researcher

i'm so glad she's in DC!

CYNDI' ROCKS!! 16.Jul.2005 10:37

Anarchy-nonymous

I'm glad, too. I'm sure just about every intelligence agency for developed nations knows that Bush's 9/11 story is complete bullshit.

Incidentally, I was recently in an average, working class tavern in California and I felt emboldened to bring up 9/11 with the various shipworkers and such. I thought I'd get the patriotic back-talk from them, but just about everybody (about 8 people) nodded in agreement with my assertion that Bush had to have known 9/11 was going to happen. I think the amount of skepticism that exists in mainstream America is definitely under-reported (if not misreported).

PLEEEEAAAAAASSSSE! Take good care of her! 16.Jul.2005 22:36

no airplanes

no parades in Dallas, no motel banister walks, no cutting through the kitchen of hotels, ABOVE ALL, keep her the hell away from cops, CIA, FBI, Secret Service, Federal Protection Services and all other type of official killers and especially far away from "private" security firm assassins. She is going for the jugular and she needs protection from the people whom she will liberate (that's all of us, folks!!). Gather up all around Cynthia, she is the most valuable human on the planet at this point in time so the antichrist is bound to go for her.

Disturbing to contemplate 20.Jul.2005 20:56

anonymous

I'm glad to see someone speaking to this issue. I've wondered since 9/11 just who stood to gain. Who died there, and what were their connections and animosities? I've seen the lists of who died there, but I don't have enough information to put together any sort of speculation. It's very complicated, and would probably take some serious computing power to track everything.

I read a book not long ago (fiction) about an assassination that was perfectly executed by burying the body in a mountain of bodies.

Outside the Box 21.Jul.2005 02:10

Alex Ansary alex_ansary@hotmail.com

thursday night, the 28th , on cable access channel 23, i will be interviewing john judge, mckinney's assistant about this event. Tune in for more info or give me a call on my cell phone.
john judge is in dc and will be calling in. let me know what questions you have for him.

re runs on friday at 11pm on ch. 22
and sunday at 8 pm on ch. 11

About 9/11 and Bush 12.Nov.2005 18:21

wakeupeveryone! denaclary@comcast.net

I have been going online doing my own research and listening and watching this president as he has brainwashed the American people. There alot of people who feel the same as me, but sad to say not enough. We have allowed this president and his administration to take over our lives and control our every move. Before he came along our lives were already hard for alot and now he has started a world of evil that I believe is only going to get much worse. He opened up the can of worms for terrorism and the american people actually believed that we were at threat by this other country. Has anyone stopped to think of all the innocent people who have paid the price for Bush's lies and evil ways of deception. I do not need to believe what everyone says but I do have to listen, and see what this man has done to the american people. This country is about MONEY! Forget about the millions of people who are sick and poor in this country because using the american money to help out another country become free is worth it. The sad thing is you call what we have here Freedom? There are too many people who support this man and his evil group(the money makers), while sooooooo many people can't even afford to live. I am ashamed to be an american as long as this man represents this country. President Bush had no right to invade a country and their way of life that has been for centuries, but with eyes wide opened I can see it is not going to stop with Iraq, this man wants it all, total control, but the real mastermind is hiding behind the puppet(Bush). Just one of articles I found on the internet is on a website at: www.rense.com/general57/aale.htm. It was interesting how more and more people are coming out about what really happened on 9/11. But also, like I said I listen and what I do with what information I seek and gain I seek the truth of what I believe as a person who really cares more about people than all the money in the world. I'm only 1 person but like I said look at everything around you, take the time to see how we really are living, for instance look at our kids, the prescription drugs, the food industry, the entertainment industry, the elderly, the on-street drugs and prostitution, the homeless, this country of sickness and depression, the killings, the media, the lifestyles of the rich and famous, the poor, health insurance, many jobs created decreased to minimum wage, our jobs given to other countries, and so and so on. How often do we have so many natural disasters all at once? Someone upstairs is not very happy about what we have become. You can believe what you want, but I choose to seek the truth and this truth is very sad for everyone who is trying so hard just to survive every day. 9/11 was meant to happen by a very evil organization. I'm not a person who knows everything but I choose to learn, and the more you learn the more you will learn the truth of what really happened. Those people who support this organization will never accept the truth especially when money is involved. How can we be proud and follow in the footsteps of a man who cant even take care of his own country but his priorities are for fighting and revenge and greed and deception and most important MONEY. The one's who are paying for his actions are the American people, not the rich but the poor. My opinion went further than 9/11 because it is all connected, and so many people need to search within their soul's to wake up. This is only my opinion of the truth and the more people who are in high position to defend the one's trying to survive in this country the better. I'm awake!!