newswire article reposts united states

actions & protests | human & civil rights | police / legal

WICHITA, KS: COPS BEAT LADY IN DIABETIC SHOCK

As you'll soon read, it turns out that not only does Portland have
dirtbag cops on the Portland Police Bureau force, but Kansas has
'em too. My! oh My! what shall we do about these scumbags?

reposted from:  http://www.rumormillnews.com

WICHITA KS: COPS BEAT LADY IN DIABETIC SHOCK

Posted By: Ghostwolfemoon <Send E-Mail>
Date: Wednesday, 20 April 2005, 8:30 a.m.

Welcome to Police State 2005! If you go to the KSN site and view the video of the "take down" it clearly shows an officer beating the crap out of this lady who is in diabetic shock. Having been in law enforcement for 3 years and arresting people from drunk drivers who can be combative to arresting someone for kidnapping, in that time I only had to hit one person who was trying to pull a box cutter out of his pocket. If you are unable to take someone down without beating the crap out of them, you should not be in law enforcement. This especially applys to beating someone in shock. My God, what a coward!

The spin will begin and they will try to drag up anything they can find to trash this lady. Once crimes like this were only committed on black Americans, now they do it to every one. Don't you wish we would have put a stop to this kind of law sanctioned beatings back then. Oh, I forgot, they didn't beat us up back then...only blacks got whacked for no reason.

Wake up America...the jack booted thugs are headed your way.

GWM
More about Jason Kravarikby Jason Kravarik
KSN News

WICHITA, Kansas, Apr 18, 2005 -- A story we've been following continues to get emotional reaction from our viewers. It deals with the way police handled a woman who had been driving erratically. Police didn't know the woman was having a diabetic reaction.

Christina Deleon, 30 has a broken arm, her head is swollen and her eyes are blackened. The question now is, how did she get these injuries? From a traffic accident or from what police did after it.

"I would think from the way that I feel and the way that I look that it was done incorrectly," said Deleon.

The incident began when a motorist reported an erratic driver, spotting the car in oncoming lanes of traffic. When police moved in, they say the woman was awake but unresponsive.

"At one point, she looked over at me, put her foot on the gas and took off through the yard," said Officer Brian Hurley, Wichita Police Department.

When Christina hit a tree, police moved in. The only problem was that she was not responding. Police feared Christina could take off at any moment and decided that she must be removed from the car.

An officer then broke the window and what happened next is the source of controversy.

Complete article at:  http://ksnw.com/news/stories/7544938.html

THIS IS WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE IN WICHITA AFTER BEING READ YOUR RIGHTS!

Dear Troll 22.Apr.2005 03:46

GO AWAY

Dear Troll,

The facts, as reported by the "mainstream" media, are this:
#1 police get a report of a driver in oncoming lanes of traffic
#2 police perform a traffic stop on the driver
#3 sometime during the traffic stop, the driver guns the gas and drives away, crashing a short while later
#4 police arrest the driver, only to learn that she's not drunk, just diabetic.

Obviously, there is a great deal of difference between driving under the influence of alcohol and driving under the influence of too much or too little blood sugar. However, a person in diabetic shock displays behavior much like that of a drunk; often the only way for someone without medical training and equipment to tell the difference is the absence of the odor of whatever alcohol has been consumed in a person suffering from diabetic shock.

I'm not sure what the blow during the actual arrest is all about, but everything else seems ok to me. And the blow could be legitimate--we can't see what Deleon is doing prior to being hit because of the camera angle.

JTF

What? 22.Apr.2005 04:20

go away yerself

Shut up, asshole. Pointing out when cops deliver people in custody in suspiciously damaged states is not "trolling" ... whining about what a bad deal cops supposedly get in the media is trolling.

let the poor victimized diabetic driver speak for herself 22.Apr.2005 08:46

reposting of KSN News report

KSN Local News
Diabetic driver talks about incident

by Jason Kravarik
KSN News

The officer dragged Christina out of the car and pulled her along the pavement. Christina's family claims the officer continued to use force evidenced, they say, by his lunging arm.

Christina watched the video the next day on the news.

"I was devastated because I was being plopped around like a rag doll and I could see them take me out of the car and them undoing my seatbelt and I was just limp," said Deleon.

At that point, officers did not know Christina was having a diabetic reaction and was not eluding arrest.

She said she understands police have a dangerous job but doesn't know how they could react that way without more facts in hand.

"That hopefully they'll be more attentive and pay more attention to the clues."

Christina believes her injuries were caused by police because her car was not severely damaged in the accident. Police say they wish they had more details but feel they made the right call under the circumstances.

Last update: Apr 18, 2005, 8:38am

To JTF: Just Tough Shit 22.Apr.2005 10:07

Wichita resident

hey dumbass, why do you recap the mainstream media report? I don't care what your re-hash is, i can fucking read the original myself and understand it just fine. here is a story on the investigaion http://tinyurl.com/86jfg Wichita local news is going to stand with the WPD cops every time. The Qheen District Attorney, Nola Folston, is bred from local royal stock, and in her decades of running the county, no one has challenged her. In every single excessive force investigation done by Nola in her career, the victim got what was coming to them and her protected fiefdom proceeds unscathed and unexamined. Oh by the way,Ms Foulston suffers from multiple sclerosis. The diabetic shock woman is lucky she's not dead. when you piss off a cop here in DooDah, you generally end up dead. they don't give a fuck if you have a medical condition, or a mental condition, in fact they probably prefer it if you do. Because you're easier to handle that way. when i'm stopped by the man, my hands lock onto the top of the steering wheel. I Do not move or try to converse. I do not reach for my billfold or try to undo the seatbelt until ordered to. I know I'm guilty just by virtue of being stopped . Doesn't this hold true for every jurisdiction in the police state? Got Taser? http://tinyurl.com/beoye got uppity police officers? http://tinyurl.com/87ygw

To JTF 22.Apr.2005 10:23

Wichita resident

i won't try to summarize these for you , but at least i can provide an easy to use clickable link, now can't i?

here is a story on the investigation

got uppity police officers?  http://tinyurl.com/87ygw

Got Taser?  http://tinyurl.com/beoye

Wichita Resident 23.Apr.2005 04:02

JTF

If the Wichita police are really as bad as you say, it's probably a good thing there are no laws against poor grammar.

What is the point of bringing up the fact that the District Attorney (I think the multiple spellings you used refer to the same person) has multiple sclerosis? Do you feel that her medical condition somehow interferes with her judgement?

I think it's very unfortunate that you think the police are going to shoot you everytime you get pulled over. I would hope that that impression hasn't been borne out in experience. Furthermore, it seems like you are stereotyping the police as much as you think they are stereotyping you (" I know I'm guilty just by virtue of being stopped.").