newswire article reporting united states

9.11 investigation

FBI Is Illegally Surveilling My Blog

Help spread this story. It's a creepy violation of my civil rights.
FBI Started Preemptively Monitoring My Blog After Someone From The url HOUSE.GOV Visited My Blog
The white house had visited my blog just before the FBI
Monitoring Occurred.

This message came up while I was posting a blog entry shorty after a
url marked house.gov visited my site:

001 java.net.ConnectException: Connection
refusedpublic_html/ollie_byrd_is_the_moth/2004/08/fbi-pre-emptively-investigates.html

This is the url registry from my blog site meter:

Mar 23 2005 11:46:27 pm 1 0:00
mindspring.com 10:28:06 pm 4 4:12
rr.com 10:23:06 pm 1 0:00
com.au 9:49:09 pm 1 0:00
wenet.net 7:17:44 pm 1 0:00
house.gov 5:40:10 pm 1 0:00

This is my blog:

Thankyou.
// posted by ollie @ 3/24/2005 02:01:00 AM
Comment (0) | Trackback (0)
3/23/2005
Did The President Visit my Blog?
I was looking at what links referred hits to my website tonight. A google search for ["george bush" prophecy] had generated a hit to my blog. It struck me as a strange search. I then checked the thingy that registers what domains have accessed my site. and at about 5:40 last night, there was a hit from a domain called "house.gov." Are thes two things related? While it is not for sure that he did that search, someone in that place looked at my blog. Fortunately, whomever it was, they didn't stay more than a minute. Maybe house.gov is the house of representatives and not the white house. i sure hope that's the case.
// posted by ollie @ 3/23/2005 11:02:00 PM
Comment (0) | Trackback (0)
Referral Tracker From Site Meter Also Tells Me David Sinclair, of Sinclair Broadcasting Was Searched and I Had Published In My Archives His Arrest
The Site Meter Revealed that at some time yesterday evening, a search for "sinclair arrested prostitution" produced my blog as the first entry for that search.

Here is a Copy of What The Google Search Looked Like:

10/12/2004
10/12/2004. Sinclair Broadcast Group CEO, David D. Smith, Arrested in Prostitution
Sting. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Pennsylvania) August ...
www.yeekyakairforce.com/ollie_byrd_is_the_moth/ 2004/10/sinclair-broadcast-group-ceo-david-d.html - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

Radio-Info - Upstate New York
... Re: Anchor Arrested in Prostitution Ring - tvfriend ... Sinclair: State Television -
dampier 10/11/04 09:54 AM (375): Re: Sinclair: State Television - dampier 10 ...

YOU MAY REMEMBER THAT DAVID D. SMITH AND SINCLAIR BROADCASTING BANNED DAN RATHER'S 60 MINUTES HOMAGE TO THE LOST SOLDIER. YOU MAY ALSO REMEMBER THAT DAVID D. SMITH, IN HIS BROADCAST AREAS, RAN THE ANTI JOHN KERRY SWIFT BOAT VETERANS FOR TRUTH PROPAGANDA JUST BEFORE THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION IN NOVEMBER.

MAYBE DAVID D. SMITH SEARCHED ME OUT AND THEN CALLED THE WHITE HOUSE AND THEN THE WHITE HOUSE PUT THE FBI ON TO MY BLOG?

The search for ["george bush" prophecy] was a yahoo search. My blog was the 41st result. That blog entry is actually a joke. It is some humorous webpage that is absurd.

Here is a copy of the yahoo search results that were recoreded by my site meter:

#41
 http://www.yeekyakairforce.com/ollie_byrd_is_the_moth/2004/09/george-bush-is-anti-christ.html Open this result in new window
"George Bush is the Anti-Christ" bible prophecy proves that george bush is the anti-christ. even the pope worries about it. Bush's "Christian" Blood Cult. Concerns Raised by the Vatican. by WAYNE MADSEN. George W.
yeekyakairforce.com/.../2004/09/george-bush-is-anti-christ.html - 22k - Cached - More from this site

#42
The Globalist | Global Politics -- George W. Bush's Holy War Open this result in new window
Deutsch. Africa. Europe. George W. Bush's Holy War ... They interpret the bible's prophecy to explain the unfolding ... occupied Arab land represents "a fulfillment of biblical prophecy ... his foreign policy on Biblical prophecy. And it is ...
www.theglobalist.com/DBWeb/StoryId.aspx?StoryId=3025 - 102k - Cached - More from this site

#43
Bush Lies Open this result in new window
The lies, dishonesty, and deception of the George W Bush presidency told through daily news reports. ... John Kerry vs George Bush Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote!!!!: "If YOU are a John Kerry ... became a self-fulfilling post-invasion prophecy? Was this an inspirational comment ...
bushuntruths.blogspot.com - 133k - Cached - More from this site

The David D. Smith Prostitution Searh occurred first. Next, there is and unrelated referral. Then, one after David D. Smith, is the search ["george bush" prophecy].

It's almost like David D. Smith looked himself up, found his prostitution arrest, did a search for George Bush and found some kind of aburd "george bush is the antichrist" joke website that I linked to, called George Bush, told him about the results of the searches. No, maybe David didn't even tell George about what was on my site about him. Maybe he just told Bush to look for the antichrist thing?

Then perhaps, Bush yahoo searched for the antichrist thing and told his FBI guys to begin monitoring me.

I have a email friend who is and FBI agent. I have already sent her the details of this story. Perhaps she can help me understand what is going on here. Isn't probable cause required to monitor an American Citizen. If David D. Smith called Bush around 5:00, and Bush found my blog shortly later, and them i'm being surveilled within hours; THEY CERTAINLY DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO GET A WARRANT TO MONITOR MY BLOG FROM A JUDGE. HAVE THEY VIOLATED MY CIVIL RIGHTS AND BROKEN THE LAW? OR IS THERE A PROVISION IN THE PARTIOT ACT THAT STATES "IF AN OWNER OF A TV AND RADIO NETWORK IS EMBARRASSED BY HIS PROSTITUTION ARREST OR AN ABSURD 'GEORGE BUSH IS THE ANTICHRIST'
WEBSITE SHALL COME INTO BEING, PROBALBLE CAUSE AND WARRARNTS SHALL NOT BE REQUIRED FOR THE SURVEILLANCE OF A U.S. CITIZEN?

OH YEAH, BY THE WAY, I'VE ALREADY SENT THE EVIDENCE OF THIS TO THE ACLU, DEMOCRACY FOR AMERICA, 10 NEWS GUYS AT THE NEW YORK TIMES, OLIVERWILLIS.COM, THE FAMOUS BLOGGER ATRIOS, AND BYRON CRAWFORD AT BYRONCRAWFORD.COM.

AND SOON I WILL PUBLISH THIS AT VARIOUS INDYMEDIA SITES.

I HOPE MY EMAIL BUDDY FROM THE FBI CAN HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHAT IS GOING ON.

Here is the full entry the the person (David?) found at my website:
10/12/2004
Sinclair Broadcast Group CEO, David D. Smith, Arrested in Prostitution Sting
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Pennsylvania)

August 17, 1996, Saturday, SOONER EDITION

David D. Smith, president and chief executive officer of Sinclair Broadcast Group, was arrested this week in his hometown of Baltimore and charged with a misdemeanor sex offense. Sinclair owns WPGH, the Fox affiliate in Pittsburgh, and programs most of WPTT.

The Baltimore Sun reported that Smith, 45, was arrested Tuesday night in an undercover sting at a downtown corner frequented by prostitutes.

On Thursday night, Sinclair issued a statement that Smith's arrest was unrelated to company business and ''The company will continue to operate under the direction of its current management.''

homepage: homepage: http://olliebyrd.com

... 24.Mar.2005 06:17

...

Surprise surprise, when you post something on the internet for the entire world to see, people you don't like might read it. It's like "demonstrators" who don't want anybody taking their pictures. Or walking in a parade and complaining that everybody's staring at you. What do you think you're doing, and why are you doing it?

surprise surprise is what gomer pyle says 24.Mar.2005 10:23

ollie oliverstephenbyrd@yahoo.com

i don't think i was clear about many things. i was very tired when i wrote that. i was writing it as it happened because it was really scary. its not that the fbi visited and read my blog. that would be fine. i was publishing a new blog entry and it was uploading very slowly and i got an error message that the "works was gummed up" because the fbi was preemptively investigating my HTML. so there is like some kind of monitoring device in my blog or something. i don't know exactly because i am not a computer programmer.

premptively investigating your HTML? 24.Mar.2005 11:03

ummmmmmmmmm

Ok, "right click" is not much of an investigation, and there is nothing preemptive about it.

duh 24.Mar.2005 11:57

ollie oliverstephenbyrd@yahoo.com

duh. you're a bad ass dude. your a real ebully you tough guy. do you feel big now?

OK, Maybe now we're getting somewhere 24.Mar.2005 14:06

Skeptic

"/ollie_byrd_is_the_moth/2004/08/fbi-pre-emptively-investigates.html" is a partial path to a page on your Web site. Try pasting " http://www.yeekyakairforce.com/ollie_byrd_is_the_moth/2004/08/fbi-pre-emptively-investigates.html" into your browser's address bar and look at the page that comes up- it's titled "8/16/2004
FBI pre-emptively investigates possible protesters."

To be more specific, on the server for "www.yeekyakairforce.com" there is a directory called "ollie_byrd_is_the_moth" which contains a subdirectory called "2004" which contains a subdirectory called "08" (which appears to contain all of the blog entries for August 2004)which contains a file called "fbi-pre-emptively-investigates.html". The ".html" is a filename extension- a tag indicating what kind of data the file contains. ".htm" or ".html" indicate that the file contains text written in hypertext markup language. Extensions help programs which have to open a file (such as your browser) answer the question "well what do I do with this then?" In this case, opening the file and executing the code therein generates the page containing the "8/16/2004 FBI pre-emptively investigates possible protesters." blog entry.

You appear to have made the mistake of reading a filename as if it were natural English, i.e., subject-adverb-verb-object instead of the artificial construct that it is- an arbitrary string chosen by the user when the file was created, coupled with a few characters that indicate the file type in abbreviated form.

So, there's where the "FBI-pre-emptively-investigates" text came from- you put it on your server seven months ago and probably forgot about it.

The most parsimonious explanation appears to be that some undetermined error chucked one of your own filenames at you. To conclude that this is evidence of some sort of FBI intervention in your blog involves multiplying entities in spades- positing either that when the FBI preemptively investigates someone's HTML, they do it in such a way that the server announces it, in language which just happens to be identical with a filename already existing on that server, or that the server reacts by generating an attempt at a natural language announcement- which just happens to be identical to an existing filename.

All in all, I'm inclined to favor the hypothesis that you're jumping to a conclusion on the basis of the confounding similarity of one of your own filenames to a natural language sentence.

House.gov is the domain name for the US House of Representatives Web site. Senate.gov is, as you might expect, the US Senate. Both of these are handy for finding pending bills and tracking their status and for keeping track of members' votes. You might find them worth bookmarking.

FUCK U.S. Imperialism! 24.Mar.2005 15:37

twospiritwarrior

Salud!

thankyou skeptic! 24.Mar.2005 19:10

ollie oliverstephenbyrd@yahoo.com

boy was i being silly there. no i remember actually putting that up there.

you are a smart cookie and i appreciate your help.

Thanks Skeptic 24.Mar.2005 19:22

ollie

Thanks. That was a mix of Coincidences and a silly reading error. I'm really thankful.

My pleasure, Ollie 24.Mar.2005 21:00

Skeptic

Glad to have been of service.

BTW, I spent a little time exploring the Yeek Yak Air Force site in the course of figuring that stuff out. I liked "Garrett Daily"-thanks for the free download!

great 24.Mar.2005 22:45

ollie

glad you liked that song skeptic.