For more info, including how to donate, or order books for loved ones behind bars, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Reflections Mirror Image Bookstore at 330 N. Killingsworth at (503) 288-9003.
* Portland Books To Prisoners mailing nights are still Mondays and Wednesdays 5-8pm but they are now happening at a new location, 2362 SE 43rd Ave. The difference between Books To Oregon Prisoners and Portland Books To Prisoners primarily is that Portland Books To Prisoners needs donations of used books, whereas Books To Oregon Prisoners can only use brand new books, sent directly from the publishers.
Both groups see the need for education to be prioritized over incarceration, and both groups work to help reduce rescidivism by providing educational materials to people behind bars.
Both groups are always in need of dictionaries, as this is by far the most often requested book.
If you want to donate books or bucks or stamps but can't make the
mailing days, there are Portland Books To Prisoners drop boxes (for used books) at the following locations:
* * Back to Back Cafe at 616 E. Burnside.
* * Laughing Horse at SE 37th & Division
* * In Other Words Bookstore at SE Hawthorne & 37th
* * Vinnie's Pizza N. Killingsworth btwn Haight & Vancouver
* * Rocco's Pizza SW 10th & Oak
* * Food for Thought Cafe @ PSU (basement of Smith Hall in the food court)
* * Reflections Mirror Image Bookstore, 330 N. Killingsworth next door to Vinnie's Pizza (1 block west of Vancouver)
* * Hollywood Theatre 4122 NE Sandy Blvd
To donate brand new books or shipping funds to Books To Oregon Prisoners, either have books sent to the mailing address, POB 11222 Portland, OR 97211 or call (503) 288 9003 or email email@example.com.