newswire article reposts united states

government | imperialism & war

Barbra Boxer

An E-Mail
Last week, more than 70,000 concerned citizens like you came together to sign my petition and demand the truth from Condoleezza Rice. Your support emboldened me during Dr. Rice's confirmation hearings to ask the tough questions that Americans deserve to have answered. I can't thank you enough, and America can't thank you enough.

Perhaps even more importantly, the groundswell of support you created forced the Republican Senate leadership to give us what we wanted -- not a rubber stamp of Dr. Rice's nomination by voice vote last Thursday before the Republicans dashed off to Inaugural parties, but nine full hours of debate on the floor of the United States Senate.

With your support, our voices are being heard -- in the halls of Congress, in the White House, and across the country. So today I ask for your support once more:

Help me add thousands more signatures to our petition to hold Condoleezza Rice accountable. Tell your friends, family, neighbors, and colleagues to sign our petition, so that when I stand up on the Senate floor Tuesday and Wednesday, I'm speaking with the power of tens of thousands of Americans behind me.

White House Chief of Staff Andy Card has attacked me as "small" for seeking the truth. But I won't allow this Administration to try to sweep the facts about our failures in Iraq and the war on terrorism under the rug. I'm taking the "advice and consent" role, granted to the Senate in the U.S. Constitution, seriously.

During the full Senate debate over Condoleezza Rice's nomination tomorrow, I intend to take the floor, joined by many other of my Democratic colleagues, to express my frustration about Dr. Rice's lack of candor during the confirmation hearings -- her unwillingness to level with the American people about the misleading statements she made about aluminum tubes, mushroom clouds, and connections between Saddam Hussein and Al Qaeda to try to justify the war in Iraq.

Condoleezza Rice refused to come clean about the actual number of trained Iraqi forces on the ground. And perhaps even more disturbingly, she refused to tell us why she personally intervened to kill an anti-torture provision in a recent intelligence bill.

I refuse to let these misstatements, misjudgments, and poor decisions go unanswered. So I ask you one last time, before the Senate debate Tuesday and final vote on Wednesday, to tell everyone you know about our petition. Help me find thousands more Americans who are willing to sign our petition and stand with us.

I can't thank you enough for everything you've done over this past week. Now, in these final 48 hours before the vote on Dr. Rice's nomination, I ask for your help once more. Join me as we continue to fight for what's right -- because the process of democracy is as important as the outcome.

In Friendship,

Barbara Boxer
U.S. Senator

P.S. After forwarding our petition to everyone you know, be sure to call or email your Senators and encourage them to join us in Tuesday's debate. Americans deserve a full and open debate about Dr. Rice's confirmation, as well as the important issues like Iraq, the war on terrorism, and the use of torture that underlie her nomination.

Paid for by PAC for a Change, www.pacforachange.com, Treasurer Sim Farar, FEC#C00342048.
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

homepage: homepage: http://ga4.org/campaign/ricehearings/dudx7820ji7jb6

add a comment on this article

boxer & AIPAC 24.Jan.2005 20:26

stingah

Boxer gets $150,000 a year from Israeli AIPAC.

Hey now 24.Jan.2005 20:50

metal pancreas

Would the above comment be considered an ad hominem attack on Boxer? What does where she get her money have to do with this petition and what it stands for? Don't be a moron- if you want to call Boxer out on something start your own thread and lay down some evidence and a compelling argument. Don't try to take the wind out of the sails of something that's worth pursuing because you don't like the person who instigates it. It's fucking juvenile.

Boxer needs to ask some real questions of Rice regarding 911 physical evidence 24.Jan.2005 21:13

Scott

"Dr. Rice, did you see World Trade Center Building 7 fall on video, what caused it to fall?" "Nothing hit it."

"Dr. Rice, there are all kinds of video around the Pentagon, where is some video showing a 757 hitting the Pentagon?"

"Oh, you have no answers?" "Well, let me give you videos showing some of this evidence and you can get back to me and the American people about it."

"Mmmmky, Dr. Rice?"

Boxer & Metal Pancreas 24.Jan.2005 22:03

Coincidence?

metal pancreas dresses weird

boxer $ 24.Jan.2005 23:13

a nony mouse

Where Senators get their $ is very relevant. Boxer is just fronting for the NWO. She IS a limited hangout. Good haircut, but don't trust her. She's Feinstein in feminist drag. When she takes on Sharon and his Nazi-like killer government, maybe the discerning will believe in her. Rice is in like Flynn. Everything else is a dog and pony show for the "Left" (recently being represented on MSNBC 24/7 by none other than Ron Reagan, the sexually ambiguous ex-ballet dancing geekyboy who never uttered a word in protest during daddy's reign as 666 Supreme Commander.) Believe when I say that Democrats will never assist in the true dismantling of the military graft web that makes the USA go 'round. The billionaire bastards that control the weaponry production, that instigate global conflict for profit, have the means to buy off every politician one way or the other. Blackmail is a popular method of enforcing Senatoorial compliance. So are Awards, Honors, Testimonial Affairs, Charity donations, and a zillion other subtle forms of pressure that all spell TALK PEACE VOTE WAR.

Backbone or ambition? 25.Jan.2005 10:43

Green Andy

BB has come up big twice in the last couple of weeks - unlike her previous sellout of Headwaters Forest to Pacific Lumber, for example - by sponsoring the motion to unseat Ohio's electors and taking Condi to task and voting against her. Makes me wonder if she recently discovered a backbone, or if she has ambitions for a White House run in 2008?

Yo Look 25.Jan.2005 11:14

Metal Pancreas

Nobody's saying it's not important where senators get their money from- that's probably one of the most important topics in politics. All I'm saying is that the fight Boxer's been putting up against CondoRizzi is valuable in itself. I know, you're not supposed to separate anything from its context but that didn't stop me from cheering out loud when Boxer started slamming Rice in the hearings.

I'm just for logical argumentation, which is something that I didn't hear from anyone other than Boxer and Kerry- it's something that needs to start happening on every level at EVERY hearing. Fucking sue me if I get excited when I hear it happen. I forgot to double check where Boxer buys her panties before I agreed with what she said.

And hell yeah I dress weird.

president boxer 25.Jan.2005 13:17

a nony mouse

So here I am listening to CNN. Guess what they just said? Barbara Boxer may be running for President! Green Andy is a Prophet in his own room! (this is NOT a put-on, Judy Woodruff almost choked when she said it) Hey Metal! I dress funny too! What we might ACTUALLY be seeing here is Boxer forces taking advantage of the limelight to pitch a CLINTON/BOXER ticket in four years. Oh those Dems.

feinstein is crooked 25.Jan.2005 14:18

a nony mouse

Watching Dianne Feinstein on CNN. She's gushing over her "dear friend" Condi Rice. Oh those Dems! They'll save us from Bushiedom! I gotta find the Pepto now....

Compared to what *other* Senators are doing... 25.Jan.2005 14:37

Scotty B.

I don't think anyone is trying to say that Barbara Boxer is a great Senator or someone whose re-election we should support - rather, we're simply recognizing that she's doing a good thing for once. *All* of the Senators in Washington and 98% of the House members are corrupt corporatists, so I admit that we probably have really low expectations. But when a Congressperson *does* do something good, something that we support, it isn't a bad thing to recognize it.

It's like when they had the debate over the Iraq War Resolution in Congress - most of the Representatives were being hypocritical, because all but 1 of them supported the war in Afghanistan. But it was still a good thing that they held a press conference and actively campaigned against the resolution, and I don't think anyone was saying that they should just shut up because they take money from Exxon/Israel/etc.

Support Boxer 25.Jan.2005 20:15

Anarchy-nonymous

Senator Boxer was the one Senator to reject the Ohio electoral votes and she is taking a stand against Condi. Boxer is a Senator and has the power of her position to make those questions heard--questions many progressives are asking. It does the progressive movement no good to slam Boxer, when she is one of the few in the Senate who makes a stand. Show your support. Show that we are not a minority, but half the American population that opposes the Bush chronyism in power today. Should she stray from our path, she will have no support, because we will rip her to shreds.

kudos to BB: one of the few to actually do some representing 26.Jan.2005 01:04

I'm still anti-Democratic party though

These ain't no crocodile tears. This was taken on Jan. 6, as she was challenging the Ohio vote and Bush's vote fraud--to the boredom of her own party for the most part and the active disgust of the American Nazi party--previously known as the small gov't Republicans.

Boxer is probabaly crying because she is understanding she is in a "soft Nazi" party that is for the most part empty and hostile of concern about voter fraud, massive corruption, or pre-emptive war....

I thought I would share these pics.

onions? 26.Jan.2005 15:35

a nony mouse

Then again it could be the onions from lunch....

add a comment on this article