The 10 Best writers on the Net
For those interested in the truth this article is the bomb. Please send to those who like the truth.
The Ten Best Writers
On The Internet
Always Read The Stories These People Write
By John Kaminski
Let me just say that when a writer on the scene of a dangerous story deliberately leaves his windows open a crack when he goes to sleep at night so nearby bombs won't break them when they explode - and the formula works, although the front door, which was closed tight, DOES blow in! - well, you have a person whose commitment to an important story that needs to be told sets an example for every writer on the planet.
As an editor, I can truly say that this is what reporting - not to mention courage and humanity - is all about.
Such a person - a writer, reporter, and seeker of truth - is Dahr Jamail, whose riveting dispatches as an "unembedded" reporter in Iraq have enabled millions to transcend the mainstream media blackout of real news from that tragic venue and better understand the horrific crimes that are being committed by crazy killers in the name of the American people.
Read a quick interview with him at http://www.newtopiamagazine.net/content/issue19/features/DahrJamail.php
See for yourself about what's really happening in Iraq at
Jamail's vivid narratives about widespread war crimes in Iraq can be seen on numerous other websites, notably uruknet.com (which everyone should subscribe to) and rense.com (which most everybody does already look at).
People repeatedly ask me: since I can't get any real news from TV or mainstream newspapers, what should I be reading?
There are several ways to answer: best websites, best stories, and best writers. I wrote a best websites story (too long ago, and now out of date), best stories I'm working on, but best writers is a topic that has been on my mind for a long time.
I've written about a lot of topics, and people have said nice things about me. But each time they do, I always think about the shoulders of the giants I stand upon to get my information. Perhaps a more appropriate title for this should be "My favorite writers" rather than "The best writers." In any case, this is just my feeble attempt to thank them, and introduce them to you in case you haven't had the chance to experience their indispensable reports on what's really happening.
Think of it as a real chance to transcend the media mindlock that is - no exaggeration - killing this planet
So, without further adieu - except to say my criteria are vital topics, thorough research, the ability to describe and enrapture, and some awareness of the manipulated lies that all of us are being told - here's my list of the ten most important writers on the Internet.
1. Dahr Jamail
2. Amy Worthington
3. Michel Chossudovsky
4. Webster Tarpley
5. Joe Vialls
6. Dave MacGowan
7. Chris Floyd
8. Mark Morford
9. Christopher Bollyn
OK, let's expand it to 25.
John Pilger, Henry Makow, Kurt Nimmo, Maureen Farrell, Mike Whitney, Bev Harris, William Blum, Sherman Skolnick, Bob Feldman, Stan Goff, Michael Collins Piper, Paul Levy, Leuren Moret, Dr. Ron Paul, Kevin MacDonald.
I've left many great writers off this list, some deliberately, especially those I talk to regularly, so as to avoid any hint of nepotism or personal favoritism. Though I stopped at 25 names, there are hundreds it would behoove everyone to read. My apologies to those unmentioned; you know who you are. Feel free to write me and complain, and I'll either apologize and agree, or tell you why they're not on this list.
If the goal of decent people everywhere is to gather the information and take action to try to make this world and honest and just place, well, these writers will help you travel a considerable distance toward that goal.
In the interest of space, I will list a link for most writers, but better is to type (or copy and paste) these names into the Google searchline and choose from among the hundreds of links that will emerge for each.
1. Dahr Jamail. If you want to really know what's going on in Iraq and want to escape this jaundiced bias that has most Americans in its grip and unaware that the U.S. continuing mass murder is a certain crime against everything human and holy - and if you want to see what real reporting is all about - read Jamail's dispatches (link above). He is the bravest writer I know, and that is the most important quality.
2. Amy Worthington has done more to explain the government's attack on our atmosphere and our health than perhaps any other person. If one paragraph can describe a person's entire output, it is this one, from her masterful overview titled Aerosol and Electromagnetic Weapons In The Age Of Nuclear War:
"We continually witness bizarre meteorological occurrences as powerful electromagnetic devices manipulate both the jet stream and individual storm fronts to create artificial weather and climatic conditions. Black operations projects embedded within these aerosol missions are documented to sicken and disorient select populations with biological test agents and psychotronic mind/mood control technologies."
3. Michel Chossudovsky not only runs one of the best news sites on the web, the Center for Research on Globalization http://www.globalresearch.ca/ but has had the unique talent of taking the most important questions of our time and distilling them down to readable, accurate, and mercifully brief explanations of the phenomena being discussed. From "Washington's New World Order Weapons Can Trigger Climate Change" to "Who is Osama bin Laden?," he cuts to the quick on all manner of topics about which we have been lied to by mainstream media.
4. Webster Tarpley, famous co-author of "George Bush: The Unauthorized Biography," brings a formidable grip of history to his comments on current events. Two of his best recent offerings include "9/11 Synthetic Terrorism" on the best new 9/11 website http://reopen911.org/index.htm and my own personal favorite, The Versailles Thesis http://www.members.tripod.com/~american_almanac/versaill.htm which will tell you as much about the real history of the past two centuries as you could ever hope to know.
5. Controversial Australian journalist Joe Vialls consistently produces the most jaw-dropping analyses of current events on the web, from behind-the-scenes analyses of terror bombings (like, who really did them) to his magnificent overview of the future of the Western Hemisphere, Fortress America http://www.joevialls.co.uk/myahudi/fortress1.html, which reveals the Zionists' real plan to move and expand Eretz Israel once the Middle East has been destroyed in a nuclear Armageddon.
6. Dave MacGowan has written the best single overview of 9/11 http://davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr69.html and his Center for an Informed America website http://davesweb.cnchost.com/index.html provides indispensable analyses of topics of interest to us all.
7. Chris Floyd is a trenchant columnist for the Moscow Times whose essays are forwarded to others possibly more than anyone else in the world. He consistently hits the nail of real information right on the head with comments like this:
"This column stands foursquare with the Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense, when he warns that there will be more terrorist attacks against the American people and civilization at large. We know, as does the Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense, that this statement is an incontrovertible fact, a matter of scientific certainty. And how can we and the Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense, be so sure that there will be more terrorist attacks against the American people and civilization at large? Because these attacks will be instigated at the order of the Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense."
8. Mark Morford. The only mainstream media member of this list, this columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle is easily the funniest writer on the net, but best of all, cloaked in his razorlike humor is an understanding of the world that in simply not seen almost anywhere else in medialand. Consider:
"Right now. This minute. As I type this and as you read this and as false Texas dictators rise and sad empires crumble and as this mad bewildered world spins in its frantically careening orbit, there's a nearly 50/50 chance that some sort of devious synthetic chemical manufactured by some massive and largely heartless corporation is coursing through your bloodstream and humping your brain stem and molesting your karma and kicking the crap out of your libido and chattering the teeth of your very bones."
I like to say I can never get out of the first paragraph of one of his stories without breaking into a knowing belly laugh. His self-description?
"He is also a yoga teacher and fiction writer and an outstanding parallel parker and fervent wine devotee and former smoker and former LA rock-god wannabe and careful insinuator and occasional unfair mudslinger and frequent skeptic and sporadic true believer and paradoxical contrarian and tattooed love-monkey and vehement non-conservative and casual coffee drinker and ardent dog lover and medium sleeper and comparison shopper and funky subtle prurient neo-pagan gleaner of screaming delicious naked nuances."
9. Christopher Bollyn is the big gun of American Free Press (one of the two most honest weekly newspapers in America) who tackles all the big subjects and never fails to unearth astonishing facts (like the fires that burned for weeks under the rubble of the collapsed World Trade Center) with a profound clarity and objectivity expressed in ways like this:
"A year into what has become an increasingly grim occupation, a chorus of senior journalists are now saying what American Free Press has said all along: the mainstream media "failed the American public" with its uncritical acceptance of the administration's dubious claims about the need to invade Iraq."
10. If you want just one daily stop to get a very quick fix on what's going on in the world, that place would be Xymphora Blogspot. Usually only a few paragraphs each day, it targets one important subject and provides a unique perspective that never fails to enlighten. Who Xymphora actually is I have no clue, except that his comments are among the most frequently passed around on the net.
OK, that was a lot of information passed really fast. We'll recap the rest of the list even faster.
* John Pilger is the famous Australian journalist/filmmaker who never loses sight of the most significant political issue of our times, the Israeli genocide of the Palestinians.
* Henry Makow is the controversial Canadian Jew who points out that Zionists harm Jews as much as anyone else, and that the real center of the worldwide totalitarian tyranny is in London.
* Kurt Nimmo is an accomplished journalist known for solid reporting and a savvy blog at http://www.kurtnimmo.com/blog/
* Maureen Farrell is an evocative Buzzflash columnist whose pieces are archived at http://www.buzzflash.com/farrell/archives.html
* Mike Whitney is an outstanding Counterpunch columnist whose pieces can be seen all over the web, like this one. http://www.aljazeerah.info/Opinion%20editorials/2004%20opinions/March/3%20o/Bush
* Bev Harris is the driving force behind Black Box Voting who has done more to reveal the hoax that American elections have become than any other single person.
* William Blum is the premier chronicler of America's unjust invasions of other countries. http://members.aol.com/bblum6/American_holocaust.htm
* Sherman Skolnick is the mindboggling, encyclopedic investigator of the nasty underbelly of American history. It is safe to say you'll never be the same after reading Skolnick.
* Bob Feldman is the principal revealer of the Gatekeeper syndrome, one of the most important phenomena in understanding what's really going on with American media.
* Stan Goff is an ex-military guy whose view of American politics shows what happens when soldiers grow up and become human beings. http://home.igc.org/~sherrynstan/
* Michael Collins Piper is the author of the best book on the Kennedy assassination and perceptive commentator on current events for the American Free Press. http://www.serendipity.li/zionism/final_jgmt_reviews.htm
* Paul Levy is an uncommon spiritual analyst among whose essay titles is "Christ Would Not Support Bush."
* Leuren Moret is the world's foremost chronicler of America's tragic involvement with depleted uranium weapons. http://www.sfbayview.com/081804/Depleteduranium081804.shtml
* Dr. Ron Paul is one of only a handful of conscientious members of Congress who pronouncements sustain the fleeting hope that one day we will have an honest government.
* Kevin MacDonald is a California professor whose works on Judaism from an Evolutionary Perspective furnish penetrating insights into contemporary politics. http://www.csulb.edu/~kmacd/books.html
Whew. That's a lot of information, particularly if you spend any time in the links.
Two traits characterize everyone on this list. First is a willingness to look behind the veneer of media-described events to investigate subjects of primary importance to our continued survival. Second is not to be cowed into conformity by the inducements of lying for money which afflicts so many of our so-called journalists.
If our popular media were dominated by personalities like these, the world would certainly not in the trouble that it is now, where civilization has been captured by a small group of rich people who manipulate our reality and plunder our resources for their own selfish, greedy, and evil purposes.
I give you this list as a gift of hope, to show you that it is possible that honest people CAN rule the world, if the rest of us would only listen to the descriptions by these wonderful writers, and try to be as honest as they are.
John Kaminski is a writer who lives on the Gulf Coast of Florida and whose Internet essays can be seen on hundreds of websites around the world. These essays have been collected into two anthologies, the latest of which is titled "The Perfect Enemy." For more information go to http://www.johnkaminski.com/
Email This Article
This Site Served by TheHostPros
add a comment on this article
add a comment on this article