newswire article commentary united states

human & civil rights | imperialism & war | political theory

Not a Damn Wha?

I am having second thoughts about not a damn dime day
Well, it is like this; It seems that to spend not a damn dime on the day of the great charade of democracy is kind of counter intuitive, if thousands of us spend our next month's grocery money charging off on some quixotic epic to demonstrate our disgust with the dung heap that would be the capital of the free world, if only the free world were free.
To be truly effective, we would all simply turn off everything, and not spend a dime supporting the freak show. No gas, no bus rides, and most definitely no food or drink or lodging money spent anywhere near the epicenter of this grand debauch.
In fact, the mere paying of attention to that show gives it more power than it deserves. Whilst all the resources that could be helping tsunami victims are being wasted to provide security for the turd master in a place where no one should ever visit, why not provide shows of our own, in our own community? Why not steal a little of the thunder, or the fart, or whatever the jackass is trying for.

add a comment on this article

2nd thoughts re notta damn dime day? or about attending the charade? 15.Jan.2005 10:50

but...

It sounds like you're talking about 2nd thoughts about going to DC rather than not spending anything, if i'm reading you right. I think it's important to not spend any money on anything. For myself, I'm actually going to DC -- leaving tonite -- and also not planning to spend a damn dime. I will ride there with friends, who have all agreed that we will buy no gas on the day in question. We are sleeping in the car, and are bringing food. We are going because it's important to stand up. If Americans were more like Ukrainians, we would not be where we are right now. Hundreds of thousands of people would not have died in two countries in the East. But to our shame, we have been lazy and done nothing.

If you are staying here, as many people are, that's your decision. If you will be spending the day buying nothing and protesting, then that's cool. Just please, do not spend the day sitting there on your couch, thinking about it. DO SOMETHING. Please please please get and and DO SOMETHING.

but, you're right 15.Jan.2005 11:12

another

It is unproductive to tell anyone else how to protest, that is obvious. I don't think that was the purpose. Yeah...get out and do something. All of the voices matter.

How about, Not a damn drop of semen! 15.Jan.2005 16:08

Queer Planet

Seems to me that the best way to stop all this shopping and to get rid of the powerful pusher man is for you breeders to give it a rest already.

QP> 15.Jan.2005 16:35

yak

i dont find your site one bit funny.
perhaps you should commit suicide if the world is so horrible and white.
you are racist first
stupid second
and an embarrassment third

fuck you

sincerely,
yak

neener neener neener 16.Jan.2005 09:47

Queer Planet

I would commit suicide but it's so much more entertaining to present the facts of overpopulation and watch heterosexists squirm.

I thought it was strange... 16.Jan.2005 10:46

ROR

When I saw the original posting, I got the impression that some right wingers were trying to make us do nothing on Jan 20. I might be wrong.. but I just thought it was rather strange.

Here is the original posting URL:

> There's no rally to attend. No marching to do. No left or right wing
> agenda to rant about. On "Not One Damn Dime Day" you take action by doing
> nothing. You open your mouth by keeping your wallet closed. For 24 hours,
> nothing gets spent, not one damn dime, to remind our religious leaders
> and our politicians of their moral responsibility to end the war in Iraq and
> give America back to the people.

I think "Not One Damn Dime Day" might be a good idea but I still like to support good local small businesses.

To ROR 17.Jan.2005 16:58

Not a damn dime

You can still support local small businesses if you want to, just please don't do it on J20. This is a day to stand together in solidarity and say NO to the capitalist, imperialist agenda.

add a comment on this article