newswire article commentary oregon & cascadia

government

wyden is a scumbag

look at his voting record. it reads like he's looking for a bush appointment. he's enjoyed a 'progressive' mask in this state for too long.

his statement is set to play to us so we think he's still the same ron wyden his image has portrayed, but his vote, as many many others he's cast, shows he's truly just another scumbag working for the neo-cons.

this is his usual tactic. vote one way, then make a statement saying he plans to work to reform the very thing he just confirmed.

fuck wyden, I don't care if bill o'reilly is running against him next term, I'm voting against him.
because there's no difference when it comes to the actual voting.

because there's no difference when it comes to the actual voting.

your people reading this you turncoat!!?
you can expect a barrage of press about this and your other voteswhich align you with bush.

add a comment on this article

just one thought 06.Jan.2005 22:02

pissed off

I fine Wyden so vile now. I have voted for him in the past for him only, because I feared the republican running against him. Though I was always reluctant to vote for him knowing his record, he has now lost that one reason I would vote for him. Actually I am NEVER voting for democrats again. Not that I want the other fascists either. I am dropping my democratic party member tomorrow and if I see Wyden I will spit on him or at least in his direction. We should do a letter campaign of shame. And if you see him then turn your back on the bastard.

Blumenauer 06.Jan.2005 23:28

ChrisPDX

Does any one know why he didn't vote today?

me too 07.Jan.2005 05:58

nobody

I am in the same boat... I refuse to vote for either Dems or Reps anymore. They really are the same slime only giving lip service to the groups that pay the most. We get screwed every time and nothing changes. I plan to vote Socialist or Green from now on and I don't care if Jeb is up for pres next time. Nothing would have changed if Kerry got in anyway.

Ron Wyden is a big weenie! 07.Jan.2005 06:56

StevetheGreen

Whether it was "crashing" Wyden's lovefest with the mainstream environmental groups last year by interrupting the festivities with a large sign that read "Wyden is a Big Timber whore", or whether it was holding the "Wyden Burnt Biscuit throw" outside of his Portland Office, or whether it was several forest defenders doing the tribal "haka" dance in front of his Portland Apartment, or even the infamous traditional "Wyden weenie roast" where large weenies with Wyden's picture were floated up to his high rise office, "Back to the Wall" has been holding him accountable.

Despite the pleas of the mainstream environmental groups who pleaded for civility from protestors in order to keep the "crumbs of their compromises" (while Wyden took the whole cookie), "Back to the Wall" has been holding Wyden directly accountable for years.

who voted for Wyden? 07.Jan.2005 09:15

NOfta

I am really surprised that any progressives voted for Wyden. He had a simply gigantic lead over the Republican contender going into the elections, and the Green Party had a good candidate. There was simply no reason to vote for Wyden. Not as the lesser of two evils, not as a progressive choice.

Who counted the vote? 07.Jan.2005 10:01

paper trail

Any vote that is TABULATED and reported by secret mechanisms are suspect. How can you be so sure YOUR VOTE IS HOW THEY GOT ELECTED? See how the debate changes when you can't be sure of that one simple fact. All the levers of government are working to obscure this one simple truth. The LEGITIMACY of the voting process...no discussion allowed. Why do you think they are being so "in your face" about this one simple truth. I believe it is part and parcel of preparing the American people to accept foreign authority as the saviour to rescue us from our corrupt and dangerous system of government.

I'll bet someone on his staff reads these threads 07.Jan.2005 10:30

king friday

consider indymedia is a powerful force even though we're marginalized. they know how many voters go to the site.

I voted for the guy who ran against wyden this year, he was a right wing imbecile, didn't matter being wyden acts same.

I made this decision when I called his office they told me he did vote for the censorship bill [remember the whole howard stern deal, that was basically the popular element of a much larger censorship rider, which we'll feel the effects of over the next years certainly].

anyway, I called, asked about his voting record, and told his call counter they can put me down to voting against wyden regardless of his opponent until he starts voting in the manner his image portrays. may as well have a right wing republican in there if he's going to act like one.

me, I'm voting green from here on. the courage and conviction they've shown, and unwavering policy as far as I can tell, well, they're obviously not only relevant but will be a force to be considered.

addendum 07.Jan.2005 11:13

king friday

strike the only voting for greens part. I'm watching the gozalez hearings/vote confirmation on democracy now right now, there are still some dems with a kick, unfortunately we in oregon aren't represented by one.

some heated clips.

Blumenhauer is in southeast asia 07.Jan.2005 18:37

elkman

probably why he did not vote.

Blumenhauer 07.Jan.2005 18:46

crump

Ever notice that Blumenhauer looks like John Boy from the Waltons. Also whenever Blumenhauer is in trouble and not running for office he grows a beard.

Blumenauer 07.Jan.2005 19:36

It's called a worry-beard.

Blummy 08.Jan.2005 01:24

ChrisPDX

He was in DC that day...on his agenda......why would he miss it anyway....if it was important.....so don't give me this crap he was away like rEPUBLICAN jOHN kERRY on his phoney mission to iRAQ,,,,these people are sick.....

Blummey 08.Jan.2005 01:31

ChrisPDX

OH.......He's in SE asia???? Like what?? HE was there in DC!!! I hate you!!!! Live in your little unreal world.....""""oh...I don't know...I drive my SUV and I need 100,000 people dead in Iraq....and yes nearly 5000 US soiders killed....oh...don't you know....the military only counts the ones dead in the field...not the ones who die later in the hospital from their wounds....(Sorry....my spell check is on another lauguage....wake up....it's all over

add a comment on this article