OHIO ELECTION FRAUD UPDATE, KERRY'S LETTER
Some notes on today's happenngs, and the text of Sen. Kerry's letter which should prompt more serious attention from the mainstream media to the election fraud and vote suppression.
According to the radio broadcast of Conyer's hearings today:
1. They have affadavits (plural) from individuals who say they were involved in the actual vote rigging in Ohio.
2. A rep. from Triad (who's machines are used to tabulate the votes in most Ohio counties) was found tampering with the central tabulator in one Ohio county just this past Friday. They have a witness who will testify to this.
(I've copied all above, but comments will probabably be added.) http://www.dailykos.com/comments/2004/12/12/195944/61/387#387
Some background info on TRAID
Rapp, the founder of Triad Governmental Systems, Inc. of Xenia, Ohio, wrote the computer program that tallies the punch-card ballots in the centralized counting systems used in 41 counties in Ohio. Rapp, whose sons now manage the family run company, is a generous supporter of the Republican Party and the presidential campaign of George W. Bush.
The second largest vendor of vote-counting machines in Ohio, in terms of the number of counties served, is Election Systems & Software (ES&S), a privately owned company based in Omaha.
Together ES&S and Triad GSI count the votes in 80 out of the 88 counties in Ohio. ES&S, however, manages the elections and counts the votes in the more populous counties of the state.
Here is Kerry's letter to each Ohio county:
December 10, 2004 Re: Presidential Recount
Dear Director and Deputy Director:
Enclosed please find a copy of a letter personally signed by John Kerry appointing me as his legal counsel with respect to the recount for President and Vice President of the United States, with full authority to act on behalf of him and John Edwards, including appointing witnesses to attend the recount. Also enclosed is a letter personally signed by John Kerry designating witnesses to attend the recount in your county.
On behalf of John Kerry and John Edwards I am making the following requests regarding the conduct of the recount:
1. The selection of precincts for the three percent hand count should be according to a scientifically valid random sampling method. I am aware that you have received a letter from Votewatch regarding this issue with an offer by that organization to provide resources to ensure that the sampling method is valid. We urge you to accept this offer of assistance or otherwise be able to demonstrate that the method employed by the Board to select the precincts for the three percent hand count is scientifically valid.
2. We request that each candidate be given the opportunity to select at least one precinct for a hand count, either as part of or in addition to the three percent hand count.
3. For those counties that use touch screen voting systems, we request that the three percent hand count include a hand count of three percent of the ballot images stored in the each of the redundant memories of the machines selected for the recount and on any paper trail for the machines.
4. We request that the Board provide the opportunity for candidates participating in the recount to have the programming and calibration of the tabulating system, scanners, and electronic voting machines verified by independent experts.
5. We request that the test used by the Board to verify the logic and accuracy of the computer tabulating program be performed for each precinct, including any separate absentee precinct. Further, the test should include testing for under and over voted ballots.
6. We request that computer printouts of the recount results include the under and over votes recorded in each precinct.
7. John Kerry and John Edwards hereby request to have their witnesses visually inspect all ballots for which your voting system has not recorded a vote for President and Vice President, i.e. the undervote and overvote ballots. If the Board does not agree to a visual inspection of these ballots, then we hereby request to visually inspect all ballots pursuant to R.C. [section] 3515.04 and OAG 74-103.
8. We request to inspect envelopes and related paperwork for all uncounted provisional and absentee ballots. This includes documents stating the reason or reasons that a ballot was not counted and the documentation to support the same.
9. In order to verify candidate rotation, we request to inspect the ballot page assemblies of all punch card voting devices and the ballot faces of all touch screen voting machines used at the polls or at the Board's office.
10. For those counties where the names of Nader and Camejo were visible to voters on the ballots, ballot pages or faces of voting machines, i.e. where the names were not covered over with a sticker or blacked out or the ballots were not reprinted without their names, we request to know whether any votes were cast for Nader and Camejo for President and Vice President.
11. We request that absentee ballots which were postmarked by election day, November 2, 2004, and were received by the board no later than November 12, 2004, be counted if the voter did not vote at the polls.
The above requests are in addition to any other requests that may be made by our witnesses.
If you should have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Very truly yours,
cc: Daniel J. Hofheimer
Kerry-Edwards State Counsel, Ohio Donald J. McTigue
8:55 AM - CSpan covering the meeting of the Ohio Electoral Congress. C-SPAN COVERING OHIO ELECTORS NOW - Mon Dec-13-04 12:02 PM (DU board)
You can get reports and comments continually updated on the above happenings at:
(or http://www.democraticunderground.com/ THEN dig in the forums: Politics & Issues Forums, 2004 Election Results and Discussion)
"Calm THE HELL down guys. . . . If the recount and/or contest have significant impact and can change the outcome of the election, the second slate of electors will be sent to Congress. Then they can either vote for a FRAUDULENT outcome, or the legal outcome."
Thomas Jefferson: "A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their spells dissolve, and the people, recovering their true sight, restore their government to its true principles. It is true that in the meantime we are suffering deeply in spirit, and incurring the horrors of a war and long oppressions of enormous public debt...If the game runs sometimes against us at home we must have patience till luck turns, and then we shall have an opportunity of winning back the principles we have lost, for this is a game where principles are at stake."
John Kerry was a prosecutor, John Edwards was an expert trial lawyer.
add a comment on this article
add a comment on this article