20 Amazing Facts About Voting in the USA
by Angry Girl
Did you know....
1. 80% of all votes in America are counted by only two
companies: Diebold and ES&S.
2. There is no federal agency with regulatory
authority or oversight of the U.S. voting machine
3. The vice-president of Diebold and the president of
ES&S are brothers.
4. The chairman and CEO of Diebold is a major Bush
campaign organizer and donor who wrote in 2003 that he
was "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral
votes to the president next year."
5. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel used to be chairman
of ES&S. He became Senator based on votes counted by
6. Republican Senator Chuck Hagel, long-connected with
the Bush family, was recently caught lying about his
ownership of ES&S by the Senate Ethics Committee.
7. Senator Chuck Hagel was on a short list of George
W. Bush's vice-presidential candidates.
8. ES&S is the largest voting machine manufacturer in
the U.S. and counts almost 60% of all U.S. votes.
9. Diebold's new touch screen voting machines have no
paper trail of any votes. In other words, there is no
way to verify that the data coming out of the machine
is the same as what was legitimately put in by voters.
10. Diebold also makes ATMs, checkout scanners, and
ticket machines, all of which log each transaction and
can generate a paper trail.
11. Diebold is based in Ohio.
12. Diebold employed 5 convicted felons as senior
managers and developers to help write the central
compiler computer code that counted 50% of the votes in
13. Jeff Dean, Diebold's Senior Vice-President and
senior programmer on Diebold's central compiler code,
was convicted of 23 counts of felony theft in the first
14. Diebold Senior Vice-President Jeff Dean was
convicted of planting back doors in his software and
using a "high degree of sophistication" to evade
detection over a period of 2 years.
15. None of the international election observers were
allowed in the polls in Ohio.
16. California banned the use of Diebold machines
because the security was so bad. Despite Diebold's
claims that the audit logs could not be hacked, a
chimpanzee was able to do it! (See the movie here <
17. 30% of all U.S. votes are carried out on
unverifiable touch screen voting machines with no paper
18. All -- not some -- but all the voting machine
errors detected and reported in Florida went in favor
of Bush or Republican candidates.
link to www.ilcaonline.org
19. The governor of the state of Florida, Jeb Bush, is
the President's brother.
20. Serious voting anomalies in Florida -- again
always favoring Bush -- have been mathematically
demonstrated and experts are recommending further
link to www.computerworld.com