I was disgusted with the columnist known as "The Nose" and his take on the anti-fur rally last week in Portland. I wrote a letter to the editor saying that others who disagree with him should have some space to voice their views. Of course, they didn't print it. |
The Willamette Week hires snotty, writers with snotty attitudes. They have a chance to make a difference but instead simply spout snotty reactions and judgements with regards to the protesters.
Anyone out there who is an animal lover should let the WW know that that paper sucks and that any newspaper with any merit would not have to sell escort services to support themselves.
[ Fur Free Friday report-back on pdx indymedia ]
some previous smack-downs of the WW:
- Willamette Week is wearing a steel toe boot with a starbucks logo and stomping on the poor (Jun. 1, 2004)
- "Thoroughly Starbucked" Response (May 30, 2004)
- Poem to the Willamette Week regarding Goldschmidt cover (May 14, 2004)
- Willy Week Claims That Cops Shooting Unarmed Citizens Isn't Murder (Apr. 19, 2004)
- Willamette Week publishes an article on Starbucks in Seven Corners struggle (Jan. 21, 2004)
- Willamette Week cover story on Jake Sherman characterized as "full of crap", "disgusting", "sensational", "shit", and "an execrable piece of yellow journalism" (Nov. 27, 2003)
- RESPONSE to WWeek Article (Apr. 24, 2003)
- Willamette Week's Nick Budnick should be charged with reckless endangerment (Mar. 26, 2003)