newswire article commentary united states

faith & spirituality

10 Reasons George W. Bush is not a follower of Christ

Biblical references provided.
Reasons George W. Bush is not a follower of Christ

1) Jesus threw the money changers out of the temple.

2) Jesus said, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone." The US is sitting on countless tons of WMD's. Iraq had none.

3) Jesus forgave his attackers.

4) Jesus said "the meek shall inherit the earth." W wants to take it by force.

5) Jesus upheld the Ten Commandments which include "Thou shalt not kill," "Thou shalt not bear false witness" and "Thou shalt not steal." W has proven to be unrepentant on these points.

6) Jesus said that "[I]f anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea." Yet W sends thousands of our kids into Iraq to destroy entire cities like Fallujah.

7) Jesus said of the teachers of the law, "They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy payers. Such men will be punished most severely."

8) Jesus said, "No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit." I don't know about you, but it seems to me that US foreign policy has been bearing some pretty rotten fruit lately.

9) Jesus said, "You cannot serve both God and Money."

10) W and his cohorts are sticklers for secrecy, but Jesus said, "Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed." He also said, "[T]here is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open." These words are true. Have faith in this.

References:

1) Mark 11:12-17
2) John 8:7
3) Luke 23:34
4) Matt 5:5
5) Matthew 19:17
6) Matt 18:6
7) Mark 12:40
8) Luke 6:43
9) Luke 17:21
10) Luke 8:9
Oh, please 10.Nov.2004 13:39

anti

If Bush WAS a good Christian, that means we should support him?

What I'm saying, anti, is that 10.Nov.2004 13:54

Jody Paulson

Bush's base, made up of Christian fundementalists, ought to study their bible a bit more, before they start supporting a war criminal. If you have Christian friends, please pass this post along to them.

Reason #11 10.Nov.2004 14:07

W. is not God

Thou shalt not lie.

THE ANTICHRIST 10.Nov.2004 15:21

Nietzsche

Everything Bush accuses his enemy of doing, he does it himself or has done it.

After every lie he annoints himself with self righteouness, then and only then he can look into the mirror and see what he wants to see.

Pinch me :is it true? Is it really true that such a turd governs the world?

The nightmare has just begun. And the coward Democrats (and their children) will also reap what they sow.

Reason #12 10.Nov.2004 15:40

W. is not God

The Golden Rule

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

W's Rule

"Do Arabs before they do you."

My Response to Right Wing Mockers 10.Nov.2004 16:20

Ravenwolf

I posted the following on another message board after a few right wing fundamentalist types suddenly began to attack anyone who used the Scriptures but didn't support Bush and his crimes.
This only adds to the Biblical evidence showing Bush is not what he claims to be!

"THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO SAY US "LEFTISTS" SUDDENLY RESORT TO CHRISTIANITY - LET IT KNOWN I'VE BEEN A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN 20 YEARS, AND CHRIST DELIVERED ME FROM ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE. I HAVE WORKED IN SOME VERY CONSERVATIVE MINISTRIES, AND I'LL SPEAK ACCORDING TO MY CONSCIENCE BEFORE GOD =

Matthew 7:20 - 23 -
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Matthew 24:4 - 7 -
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places."

Matthew 25:34 - 46 -
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. "

SO MUCH FOR BUSH'S CLAIMS! DID HE "VISIT THE SICK" IN THE FALLUJAH HOSPITAL BY BOMBING IT IN VIOLATION OF THE GENEVA CONVENTION? DOES HE BEAR THE FRUITS OF A DISCIPLE OF CHRIST WHEN HE PERMITS CHENEY TO COMMIT WAR CRIMES IN GUATANAMO PRISON?

Daniel 11:38 - 39
But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

THE HEBREW WORD MA'OWZ INTERPRETED FORCES MEANS: (FROM STRONGS CONCORDNANCE)- 1) place or means of safety, protection, refuge, stronghold

a) place of safety, fastness, harbour, stronghold

b) refuge (of God) (fig.)

c) human protection (fig.)

IT ALSO CAN REFER TO FINANCIAL POWER OR MILITARY POWER. ALL THIS IS WHAT BUSH PROMOTES! HE DIVIDES THE LAND FOR GAIN, HE TREADS UPON THE NATIONS OF THE EARTH IN THE INTEREST OF BUSINESS UNDER THE GUISE OF FREEDOM! HE IS OF THE SPIRIT OF ANTICHRIST."

fucked up fundies 10.Nov.2004 17:32

knows 'em

It was interesting to see that quote from a wingnut who used to be a drug addict because all the ones I know scared themselves with substance abuse and/or are poorly educated, usually because of learning disabilities.

Bush ain't Christian 11.Nov.2004 09:41