In the coming months we will post actions to help people stop collaborating with the corporate takeover of the world.
Here are just a few of the events that we are discussing and organizing now.
1. An event in which the war resisters league tells people how to stop paying federal taxes. Including ideas for pre-tax contributions to local community non-profits who benefit the resistance and the people of Cascadia.
2. An event to openly discuss the legal ramifications of helping Cascadia cecede from the facist america.
3. An event to help people reorganize their lives to stop collaborating with ideas such as:
- remove all money from corporate banks. Use community-based credit unions.
- get rid of all credit cards
- stop paying corporate debt
- buy food from local sources only - food coops, farmers, farmers markets
- Anything else you buy - purchase at second hand sources only. Garage sales, second-hand stores, free stores. Organize monthly bartering - free stuff events. Share, giveaway.
organize cooperatively owned or cooperative housing.
- facilitate housing coop membership
-facilitate bringing together people of like-mind for housing coops
- help people to get rid of thier oil sucking vehicles
- bike coops
- alternative fuels
- community shared alternative fuel vehicles
- major changes in use of mass transportation including free or subsidized bus and max ridership.
- more pathways for bikes, and walking.
4. Helping us organize from the neighborhood up..an event to help people form affinity groups, neighborhood/community spokes councils, tactics on changing the local political scene to better respresent the will of the people.
- mediation skills
- communication skill building for effective affinity group process and spokescouncils
- building coalitions
- We need to use our energy to start creating the community we want to support instead of continually reacting to WAR.