Just about every Bush administration move in the middle east since 2000, has benefited the Mullahs:
1. The removal of the taliban in afghanistan who were Sunni in contrast to the shiite mullahs in Iran.
2. The taliban had almost completely wiped out the poppy crops, which generate several billion dollars for the mullahs annually.
3. The removal of Saddam Hussein who had warred against the mullahs for almost 10 years and was harbering the "khalq mujahedeen" an anti-mullah rebel group. KM conducted military as well as political opposition to the Mullahs.
4. The violations of human rights by the US military has given the green light to the mullahs. they have closed several dozen news outlets and have resumed their habits of killing, maiming and torturing anyone who doesn't follow their interpertation of the koran.
5. The backing of Mr. Chalabi, a known supporter of the Mullah regime who has met with Iranian officials several times and apparently has received millions in aid.
The mullahs thank Bush and Ameri.