A number of posters keep dissing Greens, as if those of us who dumped the Democratic Party and failed to back Nader's independent campaign are lacking in courage and brains.
Ever play a strategy game like chess or backgammon? Novices playing these games often attack just for the sake of attacking. Good players on the other hand understand the goal isn't hitting, the goal is winning.
As Greens, our goal is to create a sustainable, peaceful, non-corporate world. How we get there is complex but the vision doesn't waver. The 2004 Presidential election will have little effect on our LT goals.
In this election, neither Cobb nor Nader will be President so what are the goals if they aren't winning?
Cobb and the Green Party, through their collective wisdom or ignorance, have the following goals and strategy:
1. Get George Bush and the neo-cons out of the White House
2. Increase ballot access for the Green Party
3. Increase the number of elected Green office holders
4. Increase Green Party registration
5. Promote the Green Party and educate voters and citizens about our platform, plans and agenda.
This seems pretty smart and sophisticated to me given our long-term goals.