newswire article creative global

actions & protests

TDPM

portland!
You Are Always Leavin Me Out In The Rain

Where are you?
I know you are out there somewhere in the data stream.
All signs in my life point in this direction.

Who are you?
My name is Anigo Montoya 24.Jun.2004 17:41

You killed my father

Prepare to die

Taking it to a new level. 24.Jun.2004 17:54

The F-bot

You ain't got shit against Bob Lanphere! Mofo Kia brigades on your ass, downtown Beaverton is gonna fuck you up! You're just a troll working for Dick Hannah - AND YUMI-CHAN DON'T STAND FOR THAT!

How'd you 24.Jun.2004 18:04

get

that cool thingy for the author, mysterious molted munition mack?

Do you have a good recipe for 25.Jun.2004 07:30

Kim Chee

?

No, but I do! 25.Jun.2004 08:10

kim_chee_bandwagon_surfer

Kim Chee - COLLECTION

From:  reddy@qualcomm.com (Bob Eddy)
Date: 11 Nov 1993 16:21:02 GMT

In response to recent postings, here's a small collection of Kim Chee
recipes I have accumulated over time. I have collected these recipes from
a variety of sources. Unfortunately, I don't have a record of the sources.
So, I have to post these without the appropriate credits. Hope you can
find something you like.

************************************************

The first recipe is the one I am currently using. Like most of my recipes
it's a recipe "in work". I keep tweaking it each time I use it. I like
the results of this one, however. It's hot and very garlicky. If I was to
do anything with it I'd possibly cut down a little on the fresh ginger, but
not by much. This recipe is sort of a synthesis of many other recipes,
including the rest of them that will follow. I keep this Kim Chee in my
refrigerator much longer than anyone would probably recommend, but I have
never had a problem with it and it keeps very well. I love it. (P.S. Be
sure to warn your significant other when you are about to have some of
this. One mouthful will make a "statement" that will last all evening!)

Kim Chee (My Recipe)

Yields 1 quart

1 lb Chinese (celery or Nappa) cabbage
1 large carrot
1/4 lb white Oriental (Daikon) radishes
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
2 Tbs honey
3 Tbs cider vinegar
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
4 cloves garlic
2 to 4 hot red peppers, dried, 2 inches long, split

1. Slice the cabbage lengthwise into quarters. Remove the tough core and
then slice the quarters into 1 to 2 inch-long pieces.
2. Slice the carrot and radishes lengthwise and then into 2 inch-long
sections. Slice the sections into very thin strips.
3. Toss cabbage, carrot and radishes with the scallions, soy sauce and
water. Cover loosely and let stand overnight.
4. Drain liquid from the vegetables into a bowl. Add honey and vinegar to
the liquid and stir well until honey is dissolved.
5. Add ginger, garlic and peppers to the vegetables and pack them into
sterilized jars. Pour liquid into the jars. If more liquid is needed to
cover vegetables, add water.
6. Cover loosely with a lid and let sit at room temperature for 3 to 5 days
to ferment. The liquid will bubble and the flavor will become sour.
7. Refrigerate the Kim Chee for 3 to 4 days. The cabbage will become
translucent and will be ready to serve.