THE FASCIST STATES OF DISNEYLAND: American fascism as the perfection of fascist techniques
Brainless couch potatoes, stand by!
Any solutions would be the opposite of these PARTICULAR POINTS or would remove these points. American fascism is a structural arrangement. Only structural changes and different formal governmental arrangements can dismantle it.IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE IT TOWARDS SUSTAINABILITY AND DEMOCRACY CONCENTRATE ON THESE POINTS.
THE FASCIST STATES OF DISNEYLAND:
American fascism as the perfection of fascist techniques
A bit of commentary on the image above: There are a lot of similarities between America and Germany, though the difference is actually a compliment to fascists out there: where Germany failed in the 1930s, America has succeeded. The compliment to fascists out there would be that America seems to have perfected State control of society and ideology far more than Germany was ever able to attempt or achieve, quite possibly because American fascist ideology has made good on Orwell's fear of the State dominating through complete control of the identity of individuals--from cradle to grave.
Let's call it State Individualism, which is different from actual individualism because it is a individualism that only serves the American corporate state. American fascism has entirely done away with any social ideologies--which Germany, Italy, Japan or other fascist movements in Eastern Europe or Scandinavia had. The American fascist ideology of is one of (corporate state managed of course) State Individualism.
Here are some similarities between Germany's fascism and America's fascism that only shows that America's version is a more perfected variety of hyper-fascism. It takes the principles of State control and divide and conquer of the citizens to a hyper-level: down to the individual level. It takes the principle of State control and divide and conquer into party politics as well, as you will see what I mean.
1. Like Germany, a centralized media exists. However, unlike Germany, American fascism of State Individualism has allowed a very different kind of fascism than before: a special American hyper-fascism that is a combination of the historical corporate state fascism and typical police state repression, corporate interlocks, jingoism, and imperialism--combined with a public personae that is entirely disconnected from society instead of about it: the ideology sails over society and numbs it instead of asks for its participation. It sells escapism through particular state mandated 'individualisms' instead of actual individualism, it sells disney-esque cant, slogans, and jingles, each lasting 30 seconds for 24 hours a day, and endless kaleidoscope of blurring emptiness. The ideology of State Individualism is that the individual is a tabula rasa to be programmed with whatever State elites want, whatever emotions, whatever ideas, and this programming can be achieved year after year precisely because no one is given any manner to approach the issue of their manipulation historically. Updates, fads, planned obsolescence, deprivation, and consumption are the techniques of State Individualism. What are illegal are localism, pro-active political action, and democratic challenges.
2. While Germany attempted corporate state fascism with a social ideology, a 'volk' concept, a unity concept--American fascism's ideology of State Individualism, if anything is an ideology of intentional chaos and anomyization. It is easier for the American corporate state to rule over this chaos than any organized social force that it might seed though it may later get out of its control. Hitler built an ideological force based on social ideologies. America has learned to do without it, as long as the individuated pieces of the chaos of images get filtered through the same corporate state screening--thus, the process of State programming becomes seamless. The corporate state pressures this informally as a very exclusionistic 'white power' corporate state however, as the WASP establishment of smallish New England has kept its exclusive hold on American federal power. The ethnic plurality that is America has rarely if ever been tangibly real in terms of politics--America is almost a caste system of intergenerational ethnic poverty or ethnic wealth, mixed with a fascist corporate state administration.
3. Like Germany, America is fascism of the simplistic image. People have become the simple cardboard cutouts that they see in the media. However, the ideology in America is less a unifying force--it is a separating force, a numbing force. By default, taken as a whole, the overall message is await your programming, seek out your programming and adopt the programming that you feel is suited to you. Whatever you do, do adopt a programming you see on the television. Instead of German mass rallies, there are isolated rallies of individuals around 500 channels. State Individualism is different from actual individualism because in State Individualism you are indoctrinated to love the shallow images sold to you, in Orwellian fashion.
4. American fascism is so appealing because it is so beguiling: it pretends to offer individuation and freedom and representation though all you can ever become is an adjunct of some mass marketing or targeted marketing campaign, designed by American fascists to trick you into buying something (whether items or ideologies), by manipulating your values and numbing them into acquiescence instead of reflecting your values or encouraging you to proactively act upon them.
5. Like Germany, American fascism's is a divide and conquer ideology. Though instead of on racism or Aryanism, it is fascism of the individual, a wider chaos. Instead of dividing people up into ethnic groups with state propaganda, and then going after each one group separately, the state propaganda is down to the level of individuals, and the police state under Homeland security goes after particular individuals based on your consumption patterns, or your reading materials. Like Germany, like Hitler, all 500 channels in America are centrally programmed from the same corporate ideology. Like Germany, like Hitler, the secret police record everything and watch everyone's moves.
6. While Germany had a one party State, a rather crude and obvious form of fascism, American fascism has perfected the co-option of all parties of a multi-party system to create the semblance of democracy when there is nothing democratic about it:
a. First, all districts under American fascism are gerrymandered to one party only--feasibly a one party state. Elections are held as distractions to these structural fascist frameworks. Incumbency is 99.9% under American fascism. The actual chance of an election unseating someone is virtually nil. Look it up yourself: There are only around 45 Congressional districts under American fascism that are party competitive demographically: the other 490 of them are One Party State Districts. American fascism is getting so well organized that over the past 20 years, more and more Representative and Senators inherit their positions over and over once more because no one even bothers to run another candidate under American fascism's One Party Districts. For example, in the year 2000, 90 different Congressional seats under American fascism simply inherited their positions because no one ran against them. Elections had successfully been institutionalized out of existence by gerrymandered districts. In 2002, it was around 70 inherited positions. In the early 1990s, it was typically on the order of around 10-20 inherited positions. A lot has been learned in the past 10 years by American fascists on gerrymandering districts.
b. The ballot boxes are entirely privatized, and connected to modems allowing vote rigging on a national scale without a paper trail. The main company is ES&S--which is actually owned by the Rothchilds if you follow the ownership trail to 'the boss.' Citizens under American fascism are without the right to inspect the voting machinery and without the right to see the code that counts the votes. As Stalin said, "It's who counts the votes that wins elections."
c. American fascism has perfected the manipulation of majoritarian voting practices (FPTP: "first past the post") for bringing divide and conquer principles into party politics: FPTP (and private election funding) allows for easy manipulation that squeezes any actual minority candidate--the fascist candidate--into power easily without having to appeal to the majority to win. This is done by funding a fake opposition party that splits the majority of voters across several similar parties, allowing the default American fascist candidate to win by divide and conquer. This type of 'divide and conquer to win' strategy is only possible through the FPTP voting framework which institutionalizes the ability to manipulate party voting outcomes (and by funding elections exclusively through unlimited privatized funds), which enshrines the 'divide and conquer to win' principle into party politics in every election. For example, there are many cases throughout the 20th century of Wall Street funding a 'fake opposition' candidate to split either the left or the right vote for the Presidency that they were worried was becoming "too democratic". To assure that their more preferred candidate can win with a plurality of votes (less than 50%), American corporate state fascists have learned that splitting the vote is easier than appealing to voters, easier than appealing to the actual majority. The same has been done throughout local elections as well, recently like when Republicans were caught funding 'fake leftists' to split the left vote in Western states, or Republicans attempting to 'fund the Green party' to run against the Democratic party in certain Arizona elections that were going to elect Democrats. This is the way American fascism has perfected 'unparty politics': by using FPTP to 'divide and conquer to win.'
d. Another way that American fascism has perfected a divide and conquer strategy in party politics is by making the One Party State into a Two Headed Beast. This effectively co-opts any grass roots movements whether the right or the left into the waiting maw of either of the two wings of the same corporate state party. American fascists are in domination of both the Democratic or the Republican parties. Their agenda, whether domestically or for foreign policy is identical. You can vote for only their American fascist candidates. Like the Soviet Union, the mechanisms of elections were preserved for popular legitimacy of the one party state and to mystify that it was a one party state-that had nothing to do with elections and instead everything to do with aristocratic sponsorship of various sorts.
e. Entirely privatized party debates, since the middle 1980s, make American fascism very secure. Any public debates are a private issue under American fascism which allowing "private organizers" to exclude public candidates people from televised debates--in 2000, it was both Buchanan and Nader. Plus, television innately is a medium that instructs people on how to feel about opposition candidates in a centralized manner, organized from the American fascist State. Or, it simply ignores them in the well-insulated media bubble it creates and coats itself within.
f. In American fascism, entirely privatized election funding assures that the divide and conquer in party funding mentioned above can work. It assures that the same corporate elites can fund all candidates as well--equally. Go to http://www.opensecrets.org . It's all there.
7. Like Germany, American fascism has a very strong sense of what sciences will serve the State and corporations, instead of the people. American fascism concentrates on them alone in terms of funding or ideological stress in society at large. Two particular sciences are the main handmaidens of indoctrinating technicians and other State workers and the citizens at large with State Individualism as indoctrination and State Individualism as enforcement. This is exactly how the ideologies of Race Science and Aryanism served both as carrot and stick for German fascist populations and told them how to comport themselves by giving them a definition of the human. American corporate state fascism in its State sciences has a similar dual "indoctination and repression" emphasis carrot and stick approach.
a. In American fascism, for social issues (the 'carrot' issue) the State sciences are all administrative in point of view, enshrined in an almost exclusively macro perspective of economics (in America and in Western European nation-states at large by the way) organized around a methodology that facilitates teaching students that data collection and analysis should be taken from the point of view of elite management, tinkering, and manipulation by creating data that is only useful for instrumentalized and centralized control over multiple- and localized variations. Tools like (fictional) mathematical models and large scale statistical databases are designed exclusively for State administration and corporate administration. Data and techniques are interchagable, utilized back and forth, across this public/private morass of the American corporate state. This is being seen more and more with police work as well, as corporate consumption information has been seamlessly integrated into the State security network of surveillance. Science practices of State management actually have a much longer lineage if you read Michel Foucault: they were of course invented in the early to mid 1700s in England and France mostly for State administration issues of population monitoring and taxation expansion. Later, as the corporate states were being formulated-and many localisms were being repressed-they were used to keep up with how well State engineering attempts over society at large were proceeding with society becoming only one large State-experimental model gleaned from aggregate data, and then people took decisions based on this aggregate data. (This is American educator John Dewey's idea by the way, mass experimentation on society in real-time experiments. Instead of education as some sort of learning regimen that improves an individual or teaches them to be able to judge and discriminate in their thinking or senses, American fascisms state sciences are designed to improve the State control over individuals or make individuals only amenable and trained to join up with systemic control mechanisms themselves. If you are interested in reading about this I recommend www.johntaylorgatto.com, where a bit of his magnum opus book the Underground History of American Education is excerpted, which discusses (in so many words) corporate state American fascism in education and the origins of the corporate state interlock in American education.
b. On the other side of this macro perspective--on the micro or individual issues, American fascism is enshrined in the micro perspective of psychology, which has been instrumentallized and warped into being an experimental science of the police security State aspects of American fascism-as it was under Germany as well. This is documented quite well in a pithy chapter by McGowan's book Understanding the F-Word (2002). McGowan discusses in his book in how the discipline of psychology as practiced in the United States has always been a part of the State military or police mechanisms of experimental control over persons, as in this discipline (funded mostly by military budgets interestingly enough) the State learns to manipulate individuals successfully through motivation priming, enflaming outrage, generating fear, testing biological compounds upon them, or even killing them under different regimes and tabulating the results to see what methods are most efficient. Once more administration and the 'system' quality of data are visible as well-psychology as praticed as part of the tools of citizen management. This goes for all the educational sciences in the United States as well, which have a 'system' bias and manipulation bias as well, from behaviorism which asks questions like "how do we get manipulate people as individuals and groups' instead of 'how do we help people discriminate and learn.' Within these American fascist uses of psychology and educational psychology, there are biological connections: everything from sociobiology to eugenics were invented in Anglo/American countries, instead of in Germany by the way. Even though these are closer to false philosophical a priori tenets instead of sciences, and they had their origins in Britain and the United States.
8. Like Germany, American fascism has a privatized through centralized money context actually designed off German models thanks to many including the Warburg family (another important European international banking family that can trace its lineage for around 400 years as international bankers). This 'centralized-privatized' American corporate state context had been attempted for over 100 years in the United States and had been rejected. It was passed with what amounted to high corruption. The best summary I have found is in Epperson's the Unseen Hand (though this book si an invaluable summary of research, beware of the religious motivations-instead of simply historic-of this book!), or Antony Sutton's The Federal Reserve Conspiracy. First, this American corporate state framework has enslaved the American public to an American Federal Reserve all stock is privately owned monopoly stock: nothing public ever can touch that or complain about their 'scientifically' created depressions or inflations that are designed to shift debt and wealth to them whenever they want by manipulating the price of money and interest payments in bank debt of citizens. Second, this corporate state that administers the financial relations of American fascism creates massive debt severage of the American government itself to international private bankers who hold the bonds (literal and figurative) of the United States.
9. Unlike Germany, which had a state ideology interestingly enough of environmentalism, health, and well toned bodies, American fascism has propagandized through State Individualism ideologies in the interest of protecting ecological degradation as a "individual [corporate state] right", to protect ill health and lack of hospital care and medical coverage for 40 million of its citizens, and to protect a people who are all 50% overweight from ever seriously considering the health ramifications of their lives or their foods or their terrible medical care (The American corporate state hospital framework is the third leading cause of death in the United States [malpractice, erroneous administration of 'treatments'], according to the New England Journal of Medicine.) Further damaging the interlinkages between health, ecology, and economics, the American fascist corporate state interlock is the world's largest polluter whether we look at the State organizations (the US military is the largest polluter in the United States) or the corporations under its imperial (German?) eagle wings that make the military armaments and other paraphernalia of world domination. Unlike this interesting environmental difference in hindsight regarding German Nazism to present American fascism, American fascism has become hyper-fascist and destructive of itself: it has come out against anything that is innately good like organic food, letting consumers know what is in their food, letting them know the state of the air they breathe, the state of the water they drink, against cutting down on fat consumption, against health rules at work (the number of injuries on the job in America are extraordinary), and against food labels that would "scare" consumers into learning about the real risk and leaving these corporate state administered consumptive frameworks. American fascism has created a death culture that is destroying the whole planet and destroying Americans themselves, and destroying their own economy domestically. A good book on all these interconnections is Analuskas's Discovering America As it Is.
10. American fascism by itself is far from the sole blame because it exists in this generated context of its own feedback: the context of the massifyed consumers that it has generated which lack all community and localist connections.
a. With American fascism choosing to massifying consumers (instead of to massify citizens as in German Nazism,) American fascism has created the most secure corporate state imaginable where everyone is reliant for corporate state distribution of their individual identities because it has successfully (almost) destroyed every sense of localism, actual community, family relations, and discriminating education abilities there is or was in the United States. It's a wall of weltering plasma-like chaos and ignorance without an up or down, without any perspective at all once you cross the borders into America. American fascism has unleashed a whirlwind of sensory deprived grasping anonymous consumers without connections to anything except the simple ideological images of American fascism for their world view or their own identities. American corporate state elites thusly ride these consumers in an apocalyptic pressure, meaning, without any connection to the planet or particular localities, without connections to each other, or to any responsibilities of planetary sustainability. Since the only connection on the individual level between massifyed consumers is the corporate state itself, this assures that a diet of simple images and simple de-nutrified commodities is both State administered and administered by aspects of peer pressure. Repression in American fascism has become characterized by low educational attainment, low nutrition and low health combined with high personality programming through advertising (the State Individualism ideology). This has become a state of mind and habit actively desired by the American consumers-for the most part. Americans mostly live in a movie. Without the movie's reinforcement of State individualism, they would see the social and individual rot they live in and share as something imposed on them from the State.
b. Even though American fascist elites have created the formal institutional and formal policy frameworks that have destroyed any localisms in the United States into this massifyed consumer rally so to speak, it is this massified consumer rally itself that has been unleashed as desperate for identity and community which clings to the political forces of the American/transnational corporate state. Each side of this beast rides each other in a feedback loop of expansion, keeping the whole American-proxy world headed on a consumptive goosestep towards a combined health, ecological, and economic abyss. Mass consumers as a mass pressure of individuals though decidedly separated (who consume State Individualism sponsored modes of being) are partially to blame for American fascism. They are raised to know nothing else. As Germans had to be led to follow along, citizens under American fascism are born into a crade-to-grave context of American fascism and know nothing else: they simply coast along from kindergarten to elder care, sucked dry at every step.
c. What are the characteristics of people under American fascism? American fascism's mass politics are mass consumers. They are chracterized by mass ambivalence, low self worth, and fear of politics for the most part. They are unable to form opinions or carry their memories beyond a very short term period. America is without a history, without a means of gaining one. Bring them anything, anything that will keep up the suspension of disbelief: the Nuremberg rallies in the United States are consumptive, manipulative-behaviorist, and individuated--instead of political mass rallies. Wars for oil are seen as fine with these brigands. Insecurity sells. The next big thing and fads are so important--without them, the blandness and repression from all institutional quarters would be evident immediately.
d. And furthermore, any localisms to get out are swooped down upon by American fascism to get commodified and spun as marketing strategies back to the consumer masses, denutered of course of their political messages: for instance, the co-option of folk music beginning in the early 1960s, the co-option of rock music by the early 1970s, the co-option of any attempts at serious news reporting (the invention of the cloying style of "happy voice" on news is only from 1970!) and the extreme reduction of foreign news and labor news from the late 1970s onward have created a bubble world, almost a separate planet called America, on this shared planet. America is a parasite to the earth: 4 percent of world population destroying and using around 30-40% of world output each year. American fascism, like the subtle curve of a television set's tube, is a bubble world encased in its own imagery.
All of this is why American fascism is the most successful fascism the world has known.
So, it's time for a more accurate flag that represents this mutable, transient ideology of State individualism! Where you are the tabula rasa manipulated and filled as you are sculpted willingly into American fascists designs. The flag is appropriately cobbled from television itself, from several 'test patterns' of television--past and present. The flag says, "Await your programming." And keep updating, and keep watching. Do you have an identity without it? Prepared to be sculpted! Brainless Couch Potatoes, Standby!
Once everything is co-opted however, watch out! Then everyone is scrunched together in opposition of American global fascism and they begin the affirming process of particular geographic differences and variability--the very specific geographic experiences we all have for human health, ecological, and economic externalities. We all have a common enemy: corporate militarized globalization.
Any solutions would be the opposite of these PARTICULAR POINTS or would remove these points.
American fascism is a structural arrangement. Only structural changes and different formal governmental arrangements can dismantle it.
IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE IT TOWARDS SUSTAINABILITY AND DEMOCRACY CONCENTRATE ON THESE POINTS.
contribute to this article
contribute to this article
add comment to discussion