Come hear what 200 years of jazz experience sounds like, featuring the Original Cats
Show starts at 8:30 p.m. at the Blue Monk, 3341 SE Belmont
Also featured will be the art work of the late Kevin Hull
Tickets at the door will be $10.00
Because when people on the streets needed a forum of expression and creativity, you were there to make it happen. Because when we needed an extra check to keep the lights on and the doors open, you sharpened your pencil. Because when people experiencing poverty and homelessness had something to say, you listened. Because you cared, because you understood, because we couldn't do it without you.
Because of you...
- People on the streets have a means of finding empowerment and financial support through independent paper sales.
- Vendors can supplement disability services to meet their needs for food, housing and basic health care.
- The dynamic voice of the streets is part of the community and civic dialogue.
- Issues such as criminalization, abuse, youth issues and sleeping rights are better understood across class lines.
- 24 of our vendors have gone from
homelessness to having a home.
- We are making a difference.
We advocate for the homeless, passionately
striving for justice, equality and freedom. Through a voice that can be heard, we raise social awareness, build community and create unique career and income opportunities to help homeless people help themselves.
street roots crew