newswire article reporting global

government

BREAKING NEWS

Unconfirmed information re: Berg decapitation
Berg decapitation video was filmed inside the Abu Ghraib prison http://www.aztlan.net/berg_abu_ghraib_video.htm Just received email from aztlan.net: "Also, we just received, as of yet not confirmed, information that Kodak experts have revealed that the digital signature of the decapitation video is the same as the digital signature of the just released Abu Ghraib torture video. In other words, it looks like both were filmed with the same camera.'
no WAY! 24.May.2004 11:34

seriously???

IS this confirmed????

Holy shit. I mean, we all know there's something REALLY rotten here, but to have actual proof? Can it be??? (I mean, beyond the obvious fact that the orange US prison jump suit and the dingy room all look the same as in the Abu Ghraib prison, and the fact that he told people he was in US custody....)

I don't know what a "digital signature" is. Can someone explain this to me?

credibility? 24.May.2004 12:03

meforone

I'm having some problems with the crdibility of your news site. Never heard of them and there are no sources. Everyone has an agenda, what is thiers. Not saying that I'd be surprised at the revelation but it is an assertion that needs to credible or you look like a nut job.

info on aztlan.net 24.May.2004 12:17

i lke a9.com better than google

Check out the feedback and info on this site from Amazon.com's search site a9.com
 link to www.amazon.com

First Reported On Portland IMC 22.May.2004 24.May.2004 12:29

wake up

HERE:

SEE ALSO:

Latest Update List of Nicholas Berg Articles on Portland IMC

Berg beheading: No way, say medical experts

Link of interest 24.May.2004 12:38

Ja-Ja Keecho

There is a link on Al-Jazeera about this.

I know Al-Jazeera may have an agenda, but this is definitely worth looking at.
Point of interest is why is he wearing an orange jump suit if he is custody of radical fundamentalits?

Maybe so maybe not.

link to www.aljazeera.com

"Digital Signature" 24.May.2004 13:41

James

Of course, the digital signature! Why didn't anyone think of that before? I mean, these things exist, you know. Umm, yeah.

I think I heard these digital signatures remain present even after video compression. Because, you know, video compression doesn't result in a completely new and distinct video, or anything. It just, umm, squishes it.

Yeah, and I think you need a special private key to get the digital signature. And, umm, Kodak has it.

Thanks, Kodak! Without you we might never have been able to compare the secret digital video signatures!

DISINFORMATION ALERT!!! 24.May.2004 14:17

clamydia

The Kodak watermark issue seems to me to be disinformation at best. Aparrently, the rumor was started on a yahoo group, and then spread by word of mouth over the internet. No one can name a source, however. Seems to me that it would be exactly like the thinking of the CIA to start a rumor about some sort of "indisputable proof", get all the lefties to believe it's true, and then suddenly jerk the rug out from under their feet by debunking the rumor. This, in turn, forces anyone who questions the legitimacy of the video to be lumped into the same category as all these wackos who fell for the digital watermarking thing. It's a perfect way to discredit skeptics.

Damon, you're getting paranoid 24.May.2004 19:26

tis' me

Welcome to the club. hehe.

seems to me.... 24.May.2004 21:45

ronnie dobbs

to be more the MO of the lefties....start a rumor about some sort of "indisputable proof", get all the lefties to believe it's true, then suddenly jerk the rug out from under their feet by debunking the rumor, then blame the whole ruse on the CIA as some sort of COINTELPRO operation.

or maybe it is the CIA-- start a rumor about some sort of "indisputable proof", get all the lefties to believe it's true, suddenly jerk the rug out from under their feet by debunking the rumor, blame the whole ruse on the CIA as some sort of COINTELPRO operation, then "expose" the "lefty" conspiracy to discredit the CIA.

sweet.

yneverknow 24.May.2004 22:10

yneverknow

"Seems to me that it would be exactly like the thinking of the CIA to start a rumor about some sort of "indisputable proof", get all the lefties to believe it's true, and then suddenly jerk the rug out from under their feet by debunking the rumor"

I haven't run into a lot of "lefties" who are content to take it at face value, I don't think. Everyone wanted more sources & more info.

If it's disinfo they do run the risk of people believing it, though, like WMD, for a lot of people it still doesn't matter if they're there because they read one of those misleading headlines and still think they were found.

Could wonder what someone might have been getting close to that prompted a timely disinfo spray, the Oklahoma story, Aziz Al-Taee, or something in the prospect of making ID on the vids, like... I dunno, maybe it's easy to figure out from the timer digits what brand the cameras are or something slightly less incriminating like that???

Goes that way with the chairs, everyone has chairs like that including the one I'm sitting in right now and has said so, but someone claiming to be in plastics said they probably were not common in Iraq because of trade sanctions. Disinfo, or on the mark?

I mean, the videos story could even be real, and the story could break, just not as soon as anyone thought. If it were the congressional investigation, maybe they're getting a second and third opinion and being careful when and how they put it out.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting, though, and I wouldn't quit looking into it, thinking it's already solved.

Al-Taee's a good one, though, he was a serious instigator in the walk-up to the war, he was all over the place and he was some kind of model U.S. patsy, or maybe a ventriloquist dummy for Bush. Check out some of the crap he was spouting to Mike Savage

"Al-Taee: No, this is another lie of those who have opposed the war. They have said a lot of lies, they have said this is about oil, they have said this is about Islam vs. Christianity, they have said that the "terrorists" will come here and savage us with suicide bombs. Well they have been proven wrong and now the Iraqi people have spoken in Baghdad and they have welcomed the coalition forces and raised the American flag...

SAVAGE: Do you think the prices of oil will come down and that the average American will go to the pump six months from now and see a drastically reduced price of gasoline?

Al-Taee: I have no doubt in my mind about that. I think it is only moral and expected that the new government of Iraq will give the contract to American companies who will employ Iraqi citizens and American citizens who have shed their blood for the liberty of Iraq.

SAVAGE: I agree with you. The first premise of war, pardon me, it's pretty ugly, but it goes back to high school, it goes back a long way, "To the Victor Belong the Spoil." As far as I can tell, France and Germany were not the victors, nor was Kofi Anan."

Al-Taee: Exactly, that's why the Iraqi people do not want the United Nations except delivering some of their humanitarian assistance."

Demotion Hides Evidence 25.May.2004 09:52

Cheney Watch

Well, this might explain why Bush seems in an allfire hurry to tear down the prison.

Yeah...OK 23.Sep.2005 09:21

chief

Let's see...the jumpsuits the US Army issues to prisoners at Abu G are yellow. The only prisoners who were issued orange suits were those that were captured and held by the Iraqi government which the US had no control over.