newswire article reporting global

faith & spirituality

Mexican Air Force Pilots Film 11 UFOs

Not a joke:
MEXICO CITY - Mexican Air Force pilots filmed 11 unidentified flying objects in the skies over southern Campeche state, a Defense Department spokesman confirmed Tuesday.
Tue May 11, 6:05 PM ET

Photo
AP Photo

AP Video Mexican Air Force Pilots Film 11 UFOs
(AP Video)

A videotape made widely available to the news media on Tuesday shows the bright objects, some sharp points of light and others like large headlights, moving rapidly in what appears to be a late-evening sky.

The lights were filmed on March 5 by pilots using infrared equipment. They appeared to be flying at an altitude of about 3,500 meters (11,480 feet), and allegedly surrounded the Air Force jet as it conducted routine anti-drug trafficking vigilance in Campeche. Only three of the objects showed up on the plane's radar.

"Was I afraid? Yes. A little afraid because we were facing something that had never happened before," said radar operator Lt. German Marin in a taped interview made public Tuesday.

"I couldn't say what it was ... but I think they're completely real," added Lt. Mario Adrian Vazquez, the infrared equipment operator. Vazquez insisted that there was no way to alter the recorded images.

The plane's captain, Maj. Magdaleno Castanon, said the military jets chased the lights "and I believe they could feel we were pursuing them."

When the jets stopped following the objects, they disappeared, he said.

A Defense Department spokesman confirmed Tuesday that the videotape was filmed by members of the Mexican Air Force. The spokesman declined to comment further and spoke on customary condition of anonymity.

The video was first aired on national television Monday night then again at a news conference Tuesday by Jaime Maussan, a Mexican investigator who has dedicated the past 10 years to studying UFOs.

"This is historic news," Maussan told reporters. "Hundreds of videos (of UFOs) exist, but none had the backing of the armed forces of any country. ... The armed forces don't perpetuate frauds."

Maussan said Secretary of Defense Gen. Ricardo Vega Garcia gave him the video on April 22.

link to story.news.yahoo.com

Hehehe... 12.May.2004 05:40

Tony Blair's dog

"...The armed forces don't perpetuate frauds."

That will be the day ;-D

End of the World 12.May.2004 09:11

Tom

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the flying saucer people finally came to save us!!

Jesus is coming?

Or is it the Saurians from the stars-- come to oversee their empire?  http://www.davidicke.com/

Duck and cover. The world is ending

ufos 12.May.2004 13:16

come and go

Historically, they have come in waves, most notably during periods of heavy military activity. One such peak period was in 1966, one was in WW2, one in the late 40's and early 50's etc. Lots of people have different theories aboout what exactly they are, but I would be at the very least fairly confident that a big wave of sightings is on the way, what with all the warmongering lately...

It's easy for skeptics go on and on and make jokes 12.May.2004 16:22

ajb

I find some of the above comments amusing. I can understand the joking and joshing. If I'd never had seen what I've seen, I'd probably be right there along with you. For the most part, I don't condone believing in anything, religion, fairy tales or anything that involves "belief". There aren't really any differences though with people who 'believe' or dont 'believe' in ufos. Not believing in UFO's is essentially the same as believing in UFO's. Both ways are just a leap of faith. Laying claim to something you really don't know.

Anyway, it always makes me chuckle. 12 years ago I saw a blueish-gren orb that was about 1/4 mile wide hover within 300 yards of me. I then saw it clearly leave the planet. I wouldn't expect anyone to "believe" me. I wouldn't if it wasn't I that saw it. So for me, it's knowing, not believing. You can pretend you know or you can pretend you dont know. either way, you're just pretending.

By the way, the video release by the Mexican Ministry of Defense is pretty interesting. I hear they've got 15 minutes of video. I doubt it's space crap entering the atmosphere. otherwise they wouldn't have 15 minutes of video. I watched some short clips of the video, don't know what to make of it really, it's pretty wierd. But, at least I can admit that I don't know....

most likely military 12.May.2004 16:38

new high tech

sorry 2 bust everyone's bubble, but most UFO sightings are usually military manuvers (near AZ & NM) with high tech test ships that resemble the stereotypical UFO. Area 51 and alien UFO souveniers may be one of the biggest military hoax cover-ups known to planet Earth..

there may well be life on other planets that can visit Earth, though it is more likely that the billion + + dollar US military is experimenting with mag-lev floating disc ships in preparation for new world order global domination..

Don't worry, you didn't burst any bubbles, just caused some chuckles. 12.May.2004 22:54

ajb

For one, southern Mexico isn't anywhere near Arizona.

Anyway, your post is the perfect example of what I was talking about earlier.

"most UFO sightings are usually military manuvers (near AZ & NM) with high tech test ships that resemble the stereotypical UFO"

Yeah, and Darth Vader was with them, right?

Now that sounds like a pretty far out "belief" to me. First of all, you are actually quite incorrect in asserting that most sightings are near AZ & NM. That's just not true. Secondly, I'd find it interesting to hear how you define "military manuevers". I don't know if this will come to a shock to you, but most people on our planet live nowhere near Arizona or New Mexico. Infact, hate to burst your bubble, but most people on our planet do not live in the United States. Can you guess where most sightings occur? Where there is more sight, of course.

"high tech test ships that resemble the stereotypical UFO"
So, what leads you to "believe" this?

We are all 13.May.2004 08:38

just

puppets at the end of strings.

UFO's or simply Oil Well Gas flames? 07.Aug.2004 11:58

Capt. Alejandro Franz director@alcione.org

I would like you to visit my investigation page.

UFO's or simply Oil Well Gas flames?

And the final result:
Mexican Air Force FLIR's video lights are
not UFO's they are Oil Well flames!

I would like to have your comments. Thank you.

Best regards,