2. There's no guarantee they won't just go to more corporate welfare like OHSU's $200 million+ handout via the "Oregon Opportunity Plan." That money was Tobacco Settlement money, loaded into the General Fund, and slipped straight into the pockets of OHSU by state legislators who should be in jail for looting.
3. No one asked me if I wanted to pay for this corrupt piece-o-shit government.
4. We should stop feeding the monster. They're just using our money to train Nazi's to shoot us with "non-lethal" weapons and to build prisons to hold us while we sew lingerie for Victoria's Secret.
5. There's better organizations to pay my share, and who are struggling to survive ... partially due to "inescapable" budget cuts: Harry's Mother, JOIN, TPI (Transition Projects Inc.), etc...
6. The War - against whomever (Afghanistan, Iraq, N. Korea... the war against us) - we're helping pay to kill people.
7. Lots of people don't pay taxes. Big corporations often don't, but regular Joe's sometimes just opt out and don't file at all. Some end up in jail. Some never hear a peep from the bureaucratic monstrosity. Time for more people to help with this smoke test and decide where they want to put their resources instead. See what a million small chips can do to the Fortress.
So, yeah, this like all things may bite me in the ass. If I end up in jail, send cookies please... and make a little mischief on the outside.