newswire article reposts global

imperialism & war

Lance corporal Boudreault killed my Dad then he knocked up my sister!"

P.S. servicemen often brag, without necessarily committing criminal acts. The photo above does not prove that he committed those acts.
'Liberated Iraq'? Is This What We Went To War For? (Paul J Watson)

"Lcpl [Lance corporal] Boudreault killed my Dad then he knocked up my sister!"

The two smiling children on the picture do not know what is written on the card-board poster.

We are not dealing with an isolated event.

We are dealing with a code of conduct which emanates from the US occupation high command. The war is criminal and it instills criminality among occupation forces.

Is this what Bush means when he says: "We the Civilized World"

Circulate this posting. An international inquiry into Bush Administration war crimes is long overdue. The individual in the picture should be arrested and judged not by the US Military but by the people of Iraq.

Michel Chossudovsky, Global Research (Canada), 24 March 2004.

03/26/04

Since posting this article, we have received feedback from readers: servicemen often brag, without necessarily committing criminal acts. The photo above does not prove that he committed those acts.

homepage: homepage: http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/BOU403A.html

Support our Troops! Right into jail next to their Commander in Chief! 26.Mar.2004 11:44

gone

Soldiers are in an occupation tht has passed itsevolutionary historical period. They do not deserve our support because anyone that goes soldiering is taking us back into the caves and the trees it is an occupation similar to dinosaur veterinarian - it would have been good long ago but is out of place in today's world. Because we have not accepted this fact, devils like bushco. can take advantage of the anomaly and give them permanent jobs with everlating wars. Stop supporting our military!! What the hell is wrong with you!! They are all like the soldier above - pawns in the hands of the devil.

ugh 26.Mar.2004 12:34

ugherdude

this is totally vile, but how many men do we all know who would do the exact same thing if given the opportunity. proof again that taking down the cult of Manhood where ever it's found is one of the best things we can all do to make the world a better place. It's a lot more realistic to change ourselves than it is to try and stop the mobilization of 100,000 men to Iraq...and just one changed man will make the world a hell of a lot better place.

Sometimes I forget that, but pictures like this are a good reminder.

photoshop 26.Mar.2004 14:11

photoshop

photoshop

Please someone provide proof. 26.Mar.2004 15:24

me

How do you know it's photoshop? How do I know it is not. If someone has any proof either way I want to know. It's going to take a lot more than just writing photoshop to prove that it is a fake. Well... regardless of whether it is a fake or not this is usually the underlying attitude of men in the arm forces. They do have to kill people so they must stay as insensitive as possible.

Unless the kid has a sixth finger 26.Mar.2004 16:07

It's photoshopped

...Because that ain't no thumb!
Err...that's not my finger...
Err...that's not my finger...

Are Your Sure? 26.Mar.2004 16:49

Re-Defeat Bush '04

Maybe your computer has higher resolution than mine. I think it could be a thumb. Pick up something flat (like a piece of cardboard). Hold it between your four fingers and the heel of your hand. Let your thumb hang out over your index finger. Look in the mirror. Looks just like the picture to me.

why would anyone doubt this? 26.Mar.2004 17:04

US soldiers

aren't saints by any means. Accept it as the TRUTH for it most likely is! Why waste effort debunking
it and derailing the discourse with such meaningless tangents? Accept it as the TRUTH and do something
about it!

Men can have honor 26.Mar.2004 19:16

Men can have honor, if they think it's expected of them. How many do these days? This is photographic evidence. If the military had any honor at all, they would court martial the guy in the photo. Looks like a thumb to me.

Not even a good fake...sloppy 26.Mar.2004 20:56

phakephoto

OK my last post seems to have disappeared - hmmmmm!

This is not even a good fake, lets run it down for the skeptics. BTW actually read this before you censor it again.

1.Look at the blue arrows - those cardboard colored smudges are very obviouslly where the original text was smudged out with a color sample from the cardboard. The author used the same color sample for each section that was to be wiped out and didn't take into account the subtle color diferences in the cardboard (light, staining, etc.) that's why some of them are more pronounced than others

2.Each of the new words were put in a color block and placed on the cardboard and then the author tried to blend in the edges, but you can still see the outline of the shape of each block.

3. Very sloppy work on the word "knocked". This word block was laid down twice the last had a straight edge on the left. Guessing the word was misspelled the first time and the second laid over the first in a hurry - take a look at the letters you can still see some of the edges of the text of the first attempt and they don't quite match up

4. OK to address the "thumb" (in the green circle) this is probably the most damaging problem with the picture. Consider this: if it is the boys thumb it would have to be about 5 inches long, second look at the color of the skin, it is lighter than the fingers below indicating that it must be the palm side of his hand (the skin of darker colored skinned peoples palms are lighter and have a pinkish hue)- if it is the back of his hand it is physically impossible for his thumb to be in the position, not to mention parallel with the fingers).

5. Some additional sloppy work by what is presumed to be "then" - the author let some of the boys skin color to bleed into the "th".

6. More sloppyness in the shadow at the left of the sign. There was some text there that had to be covered up - the dark opaque color used caused all of the wierd off-color zig zags you see - photoshop couldn't resolve the color because of all of the shade of black and grey all around that part of the image.

7. OK now the kill shot - take a look at the blue circles - some of the original text of the sign bleeds through. It is in a different handrighting with more block style caps with straight edges (men typically do this - ask you local graphologist).

this was obviouslly a badly done fake, probably a prank played by the soldiers mildly pc skilled buddy. After all who else would know what the abbreviation of Lance Corporal is. (The author knew - hmmmmm) Sometimes you will also see it as L/cpl.

Dooooh!

Almost forgot - got the name wrong. 26.Mar.2004 21:07

phakephoto

Almost forgot - the author used a different spelling of the Lance Corporal in his/her posting the sign says
"Boudreaux" the poster used "Boudreault"

hmmmm....sloppy sloppy sloppy

You'd almost think I did this for a living huh? Take a Photoshop class and come back and try again....I'll wait.

Nice try... 26.Mar.2004 23:20

Spudnuts

>> proof again that taking down the cult of Manhood where ever it's found is one of the best things we can all do to make the world a better place.

Last time I checked Condi Rice was female. Ditto Ann Coulter.

Women are equally capable of being bloodthirsty, indifferent to human suffering, and enthusiastic about killing either up close or from 10,000 feet up. To make war a male thing is complete and utter horseshit. It's slander. It's comically inept and flat out indicative of a very limited world view, simply the flip side of the religious right's believer vs non-believer mindset.

Please excuse me if I don't roll the fuck over and apologize for my dick.

like i said 27.Mar.2004 01:34

photoshop

Do you see now, "me," that it is photoshop? Thanks phakephoto for the validation.

last I checked 27.Mar.2004 02:51

not a defensive male

Who was the last woman you remember starting a war?

Man refuses to accept blame for war, film at 11 27.Mar.2004 10:48

Spudnuts

>> not a defensive male

Refusing to accept responsibility for the suffering of humanity on behalf of my gender makes me a "defensive male?"

>> Coulter and Rice were token cheerleaders with no power over wars (or much else for that matter).

Condi Rice is powerless? Coulter is a token cheerleader? I don't like either one of them, but you dangerously underestimate their influence in your attempt to square-peg them into your My First Worldview round hole. Both of those women (and many others) daily mobilize hundreds of millions, billions of dollars in resources and command the attention and loyalty of millions of men and women.

I, omnipotent man that I am, command the resources of hundreds of dollars and maybe two people.

>> Who was the last woman you remember starting a war?

Does Margaret Thatcher count or is she also a drone of the "Cult of Manhood?"

Listen.

If imagining that a world free of men would be a world free of strife allows you to get through your day, then I have no problem with that. Just as I have no problem with individuals who consult a 2,000 year-dead Magic Carpenter through their Personal Head-based Godphone (PHG) when they're selecting PG-13 titles for their kindergartener at Hollywood Video. They're harmless... if they keep their kooky views inside their heads. It gets scary when they insist that the rest of us tune in and order our lives based on the teachings of the Magic Carpenter.

Don't expect men to roll over and meaculpa their underbelly just because the reel inside your head only plays one track: "men = violence." I don't know how you arrived at that mindset and frankly I don't care. When I was a kid, my friend and I were constantly getting in fights with black kids. My friend carries a prejudice to this day because of it, but I pretty much concluded that just because SOME black kids beat me up, ALL black kids are not responsible.

Some.

All.

Two different things.

nice try, phakephoto, but... 28.Mar.2004 01:43

photoshop dude

i recognize the blocking, etc., that you're pointing out as typical artifacts from JPG compression, which tends to "jitter" around text and flatten out between words. this is just the usual expected results of the common compression algorithms that we're seeing here. i've seen the same thing tons of times on unaltered photos. my experience with photoshop goes back about 6 years, and i did work for all sorts of corporate folks, working on adverts and shit like that. what we have with this photo is what you'd expect from a web-quality (that is to say, very low quality) JPG. it's just this kind of thing that plagues you when you're doing design and trying to balance crispness with file size. text fucks you over every time.

nice try, though. you sound very convincing to people who don't know this stuff, i'm sure. but not to me.

Ignorant Joke at worst. 31.Mar.2004 00:40

Student

I am a former Marine and I can assure everyone that even if this is a real picture it is most likely just a sick joke. Marines are not always the brightest bulbs on the tree and very often they have extremely low-brow manners and senses of humor. However, we were always expected to maintain a high level of professionalism in our line of work. I still have 9 laws of war memorized and I have been out of the corps for 5 years. Every Marine is issued Rules of Engagement and the laws of war and Geneva Convention rules are taught seriously and repeatedly. If rape or murder occurs it is criminal, not institutional.

I am not excusing this behaviour. I beleive that the Lance Corporal should be held accountable for his ignorance with a reasonable punishment (assuming this photo is real). I am actually more disturbed by the people that honestly believe that our military happily endorses rape and the murder of civilians. I see this joke basically on-par with a holocaust joke or an Ethiopian starvation joke. People sometimes joke about sick things.

Does anyone actually beleive that he just killed this kids father and knocked up his sister? I hope not. Does someone actually beleive that he is a rapist and a murderer and it is all sanctioned by this Marine's chain of command? Yeah, someone reading this probably does, and you don't know what you are talking about.

Photofakes can be done easily! 01.Apr.2004 09:26

Expert! (am I? lol) farshad@rocketmail.com

I just don't go into politics right now! only from a techy point of view just let you know such fakes can be done easily by photoeditings tools (my favorite is Corel photopaint). I took a couple of minutes to see if I can do a similiar job and below are the results. As you can see for uneducated eyes both samples looks real enough to fool poeple.
And why people need evidences like this to rise against the war?
whether that photo is fake or not who cares! War is sick!
done in Photopaint
done in Photopaint
my favorite! :P
my favorite! :P

Joew43432 03.Apr.2004 14:54

Hello there

this photo is real, the person in it is "Lcpl Kenneth Boudreaux Jr" and is originally from tampa florida

he should be ashamed of himself for tricking those poor iraqi boys with such a disgusting message. He is a disgrace to all marines.

Fascinating 05.Apr.2004 10:24

breakthrough

I ran this through the mainframe. Look what emerges.

No wonder if it is real! 05.Apr.2004 13:05

Expert! farshad@rocketmail.com

Joew43432 although it can be faked easily, yes there is still a big possibility that this photo is real. It shows how the marines can be irresponsible and ignorant! I don't believe that he committed that act but he has a sick sense of humor indeed. You guys just shouldn't forget that there are thousands of examples here and there showing the nastiness of the war in Iraq so this one is only a tiny part of the collection.

couldn't help myself 06.Apr.2004 22:38

had to do it

here's my version

yes it is real 07.Apr.2004 20:03

i know for a fact

because he used to be in my unit.

no, he probably didnt kill that boy's father, and even if he did, what makes everyone so sure he was a civilian?

And he certainly didn't have sex with his sister.

It's just a picture of a marine being a jarhead, and having some fun. That kid will never know the difference.

Lighten the hell up

Limited Perspective 13.Apr.2004 20:02

Active Marine

I would like to speak to the statements that all military personnel are without honor. Those who hold this view extend their bias beyond any logic and it speaks of their ignorance, which hopefully this will address adequately. I am not out to change any individual's mind, it is not my place to attempt to break through the dense bubble some have surrounded themselves with. However, it is this cognitive self-containment, expressed in many comments in this discussion, that we would complain the soldier has in this picture. Such comments are: "They do not deserve our support because anyone that goes soldiering is taking us back into the caves and the trees it is an occupation similar to dinosaur veterinarian," and "Stop supporting our military!! What the hell is wrong with you!! They are all like the soldier above - pawns in the hands of the devil."

The argument that people can be "pawns in the hands of the devil," I am assuming an argument that they are animistic, and then turn around and judge the individual actions of a single soldier lacks consistency and logic. Moreover, I assume we are not so ignorant as to form generalities concerning the people of Iraq as being all of the same type that would mutilate and hang the bodies of civilians from a bridge, or those that would take civilian hostages and threaten to burn them alive. This kind of reasoning has led to genocide, holocaust, racism and discrimination, and even the attack on the World Trade Center.
No, rather we separate those who act against our shared mores and through this isolation we define the remaining group. Accepting this position, why would one go so far as to suggest that we can create a sweeping statement of the military based on the action of one, it would be foolish and dangerous to do so. I believe "Spudnuts" makes this argument well, yet it seems to go without appreciation.

Lastly is the disturbing statement:
"This photo is disturbing, it certainly reflects the military training and indoctrination of the troops, which encourage them to kill civilians indiscriminately as confirmed in numerous reports. It also confirms the crudest form of war crimes committed by an Occupation Army: murder and rape."
Is this confirmation? Hardly. Murder and rape occur outside of a conflict; chances are in fact that one is being committed in your own city as you read this.
Is this an accurate reflection of military training and indoctrination? No. This behavior is not taught in military training, it is taught in American culture, on our streets and in our schools. We look at this picture and wish to separate ourselves from this soldier, but whether we like it or not, he is an accurate reflection of a segment of our population, civilian or military. It is a reflection of our society, anyone who attended a school in the U.S. has heard "knocking up" someone's sister as a joke. Our soldiers are not robots; they are for the most part young Americans, entering service at an age where they have already been shaped by their life experiences outside of the military. Outside of war, this would be harmless. We should not be so ignorant of our own culture that we point the finger at our nation's products and claim them alien. If you remain skeptical, turn on the T.V., read a magazine, watch some movies, and remember to choose those which a young man or woman would read, see, or listen to- then decide if they learned this through the military.

The men and women of the U. S. military are some of the best people that it seems some of you have never had the privilege of serving with. They come from various paths of life, from various SES levels. They join for various reasons, some because they carry the idea in their hearts of patriotism, duty, and an honest good faith belief in their government, some join in order to pay for higher education. For whatever variance there is, unquestionably, the men and women serve the nation, they carry that weight on their shoulders, and we ladies and gentlemen are that nation, that weight. Some of you will simply retreat to your aforementioned bubble, a cowards retreat when he or she feels that change is needed but will not put that weight on their own shoulders. Then there are those who will realize that simply complaining and applying general labels to our men and women in uniform based on a bias does nothing for our nation. We must support our troops, we must support them with more than lip service or a critique. We must support our troops in order to ensure they are the direct reflection of our nation, which ultimately they are, and we must support or troops so they will act as we expect them to. They have chosen to carry their weight, and we must choose to carry ours.

Respectfully,
A Marine

ha-ha 14.Apr.2004 09:20

me

Weather real or not, I died laughing.

soldiers are lumped together 14.Apr.2004 09:57

felipe

Soldiers are lumped together in a category because they all share one physical attribute. They have decided that they wish to join the army (a killing machine that today pre-emptively defends), and they carry a gun. That is the behavior for which I do lump gunheads in one group. Why have a gun unless you shall kill someone? Jesus may not think of you as a good christian anymore...

Would someone mind... 14.Apr.2004 10:23

Someone else

Posting the imagedump picture directly on the page? I can't see it through a firewall I'm behind. I'm sure someone out there is competent enough to do this...

Here's the link

Thanks!

Response to being favored by Jesus 14.Apr.2004 12:40

Last post

How can say that because I am in the military, "Jesus may not think of you as a good christian (non-capitalized in the original) anymore..." Modern Christianity is the result of years of war, at the end of a sword or the barrel of a firearm. Religion in politics has caused more harm, violence, and death than any other factor. However, I do not think religion has much to do with the original conversation, just another useless tangent. Let us refrain from taking this discussion into realms irrelevant to the issue.

To group the military because they choose to join is exactly what I stated in my earlier posting about generalizing. Moreover, history has taught us enough about the need for a military that it does not need further elaboration. "Gun Heads" or not, without a military force we would not have the life we do now. Perhaps to appreciate this one must see other countries, be in those oppressed situations, or put their life on the line in defense of what we have.

We as a nation decided not to intercede in many events that led to the death of thousands of unarmed civilians. Had we acted, we could have prevented this. I guess we are the better nation though, as we sat back and watched rather then give in to the conflict. I can't help but think this mentality goes against Christianity, but refrain from further. I can't help but think those who were killed would think otherwise.

To group the military because they carry weapons could easily apply to any group that carried firearms, such as police, and instead we should look at the purpose. If the mission is to secure humanitarian efforts from warlords, to stop genocide, or to show enough force that it deters actions by a player in the dynamic, we could not label these as we would a mission to kill. In any conflict there are two sides, both sides play the role of aggressor. This is especially true in the Iraq situation.

This will be my last posting so feel free to disregard it as I will not reply to anything further. I have been disappointed with the posting here and see that perhaps the benefits of higher education could more adequately address the deficiencies I alluded to. Perhaps actually getting to know soldiers rather than simply having a bias. I see prejudice is strong in my country and I am disillusioned.

Aside from this, I am saddened at hearing my country men speaking of their soldiers in such a fashion. It is times like this that I could doubt my purpose. If my country is made up of people as I have seen represented here, I see nothing to defend. It is no wonder that so many look upon our nation as they do. It is no wonder so many young men and women are not willing to die in defense of this nation. I hope that I have seen a representation of an extreme minority. I refrain from generalizing all citizens based on the few who carry hate and ignorance within themselves.

It is times as these when I fall back on the quote I close with:
"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC

Respectfully,

heard it all before 14.Apr.2004 13:09

friend to many soldiers

Yes we've all heard your tired rhetoric before. Let's all thank the soldiers for bringing death and destruction to other countries because that "protects our freedoms". The only people working to protect our freedoms are fighting for them on the streets of this country while the soldiers are fighting for the profits of those in power.

"We as a nation decided not to intercede in many events that led to the death of thousands of unarmed civilians."

Wrong, the politicians decided not to act to prevent the deaths of thousands of unarmed civilians because it was in their best interest and for no other reason. Most people in this country have no idea about the connections between the Bush's and the Bin Laden's, the support of the Taliban (Reagan's "freedom fighters"), and that Saddam Hussein's first contact with the US was working for the CIA in the late 50's. The US is doing what it has always done; use the lives of soldiers to fight for money and power. Iraq was never a threat to the US. Vietnam was never a threat to the US. Yet we choose to engage in illegal invasions and occupations despite the overwhelming lesson of history that you cannot occupy another nation without experiencing constant violent resistance.

Of course, why would this bother those who chose to lie and deceive and take this country into war? They're not going to be killed, and neither are their friends or families. It's all just a part of the game, acceptable losses for unprecedented profits (just look at the profits of Halliburton, Bechtel, and the Carlyle Group). They would rather have their money and their access to oil then the lives of either the Iraqi's or the US soldiers. If you are unaware of that fact you have been seriously misled.

"This will be my last posting so feel free to disregard it as I will not reply to anything further."

Yes, I've heard that before, will you really remain silent... Wouldn't that be "cowardly" given your definition?

"It is times like this that I could doubt my purpose."

You should doubt your purpose. Do you really want to fight for the profits of the already obscenely wealthy? Is that worth your life? Is the Iraq oil pipeline worth your life? IS the funneling of tax dollars into the pockets of Bush and Cheney's cronies worth your life? How about the lives of others? How about the lives of civilians?

If you are concerned about protecting our rights you should learn about the people fighting for the rights on the streets of the US. Here are some videos to get you started:

Ultimately, one has to decide, are you going to fight with the people of this country, or for those who rule for money and power. Would you turn your gun on citizens in this country if ordered to? Would you intern them? Many soldiers would; and many wouldn't. I have befriended many of the latter. They are active in speaking out about the injustices they see occurring in this country and around the world. Perhaps someday you will join them. I will pray that you do.

Photo is an obvious fake 14.Apr.2004 13:52

Sweeetums

Here's the real one found on the web as requested
boudreaux
boudreaux

We might have some Logic Problems in this thread... 14.Apr.2004 15:03

CaliberFifty

When I talk to my friends in Iraq, most of them ask me to send candy and toys so they can give them to the Iraqi kids. So all soldiers must be humanitarians, as well as rapist murderers. Man, it's nice to be able to infer the character traits of an entire group of people just because one person acts a certain way. What else can we deduce? Hmmm...

The sign says he raped & killed, so he must have.
There are black soldiers in the Marines, therefore all blacks are rapist murderers, too.
Lance Corporal "Beaudreaux"? Hmm, sounds French, thus all French are rapists and murderers.
Oh, about 100 Fallujians (is that a word?) hacked up some dead bodies, therefore all Arab Muslims are depraved.
Hitler had a mustache, and so did Jesus. So either Jesus was a Nazi or Hitler is the Messiah. Take your pick.

This is fun! By taking a Minor Premise (ie, Brad Pitt is a man) and putting it before the Major Premise (i.e., All men are mortal), you can come up with any result you want (i.e., All mortals are Brad Pitt). If there's a flaw in our logic, I can't see it!! Have fun!

Sweeetums, the image you point to is fake. 14.Apr.2004 16:14

Chris

Sweeetums, your image with "saved" and "rescued" is clearly faked:

1) So obvious that I didn't even notice it. The ligatures in "saved" and "rescued" incline towards the left. Even the backwards-leaning letters in the original, because of the tilt of the sign, lean towards the right.

2) The first few letters of those two words ("saved" and "rescued") are written practically parallel to the photo's horizontal axis, even though the sign is inclined 8 degrees. The words then curve around to come into line with the surrounding text.

3) The "a" in "saved" and the "ue" in rescued appear lighter than the surrounding text, and smudged.

4) There is much less JPEG artifacting around "saved" and "rescued" than there is around the other words. These letters suffer less artifacting because they were added after-the-fact. You'll need to blow up the image in an image editor to see this.

5) The text on the "he rescued my" line is centered on the cardboard panel; the other lines are not.

Some Soldiers do have a demented sense of humor 16.Apr.2004 20:08

EWBED Da_Bonhead@yahoo.com

This photo is probably real. When I was in Saudia Arabia in 1991 we had stopped a suspicious vehicle in our area. While we waited for the Military Police to arrive, one of my fellow soldiers began asking the driver questions like. Do you have a daughter? Is she hot? Do you think I Can do her? He was not serious though and was just doing this for a laugh at someone elses expense who had no idea what he was saying. We all thought it was funny and got a laugh out of it. I beleive this photo is real but the Marine did not do any of those actions stated on the cardpoard sign.

It's obvious 17.Apr.2004 07:55

user988

that the people claiming it is fake were for the war, and the people claiming it is real were against it.

I find it shameless propagandizing. No one should trust this internet sleeze campaign, which already turned up fake photos of bush and kerry

I wouldn"t trust ANY photo on the internet, since they can all be manipulated.

Technology is good but its not all that great 19.Apr.2004 04:34

Dire Weevil

I agree with that. I don't really have faith in any picture anymore, whether on the Internet or in tangible form. Technology has ruined "the image" as any form of reliable evidence. From that kid who seems to have been everywhere in the world, including on the top of the World Trade Center as the plane was just about to crash into it, that was proven a fake rather quickly, to all those faked nude celebrity photos. Even home videos can be edited now with a basic level of expertise. Believing anything from the Internet in any form just proves how much we have become slaves to technology. I.E. "If it's on the computer is has to be true." Try getting through college with that mentality. I have been forced to fail many students because of this naivety.

"Magic Carpenter" is alive 27.Apr.2004 22:34

saved and redeemed

>>> individuals who consult a 2,000 year-dead Magic Carpenter through their Personal Head-based Godphone (PHG) when they're selecting PG-13 titles for their kindergartener at Hollywood Video. They're harmless... if they keep their kooky views inside their heads. It gets scary when they insist that the rest of us tune in and order our lives based on the teachings of the Magic Carpenter.

Our world is in the shape it's in because our lives AREN'T based on the teachings of Jesus - who is not dead but was resurrected and lives in those who seek Him. Prophecy is unfolding before our eyes . . . what's scary is that some people are so blind they cannot see it. Be a real man and ask God to open your eyes. If you really want the truth, He'll show you.