How hard is it to figure out the posts "suggesting" downtown demos were written by cops? We all know cops read and post to this site, these posts should have been suspect from the beginning, but so many of you fell for it! Sure, airports are nice as a warm up, as are hotels, but the actual protest ALWAYS NEEDS TO BE AT THE SPEECH. This is the ONLY location that will feature both the VIP and the donors.
Not once was I able to find a speech location for Dick on this site (unless he was actually speaking at the airport rather than just landing there, but we don't seem to know yet).
The Cheney protest appeared at the top of the list mere hours before he landed, because indymedia volunteers slacked off and the list was flooded with reposts (simple tactic: most people only scroll through the first few dozen topic lists, so put lots of seemingly unrelated topics on there after each cheney one to puch them down out of visibility).
The threat of "oh no! They might put us in free speech zones" actually cowed many of you. News flash: you only get put in free speech zones if you LET them put you there, when you out number the cops you get to protest wherever you WANT to.
The threat of "Dick does not care what we have to say, so why bother?" also worked on many of you (this one HAD to be from a cop). Do you think any president has ever cared what the activist community thinks? Read the damn history books, no leader cares but protests work anyway in the long run because they reach the PEOPLE.
---Suggestions from a humble but very pissed off protestor----
1) next time indymedia needs to list the protests and major events at the top a week prior to the event, not ten hours.
2) Always ALWAYS protest at the site of the speech, make the donors get through you and face the embarassment of being seen.
3) Make an easy to read posting for upcoming protests with place and time of speech, expected entrance routes, expected police tactics , sign making partys and jail support numbers. All other postings need to be listed UNDER these important things.
4) make a token effort to root out the cops on this site. I know it's hard, but make an effort.
5) launch a WAP/text message minute by minute update for protest info. Find volunteers to sit well outside the action with maps, TVs and computers so we can keep protestors up to date on locations of cops. (I know this has been done before, but where do we sign up? Put this link on the top too).
Ok, enough ranting and bitching and moaning. As I type this, I am sick in bed hoping to hell the next protest (in about 20 minutes) is better than what has happened so far. Give 'em hell.