During the legislative session, a bipartisan budget package was
passed to ensure funding for programs including health care.
Opponents of this plan circulated petitions to refer
this issue to an election in February.
If Measure 30 fails, the Legislature has outlined the following
likely cuts to health care services:
• 85,000 Oregonians would lose health care coverage with the
elimination of Oregon Health Plan coverage for OHP-Standard
• 6,000 low-income seniors and people with disabilities would lose
help affording their prescriptions with elimination of the MEDS
(formerly Medically Needy) Program.
• Children and adults facing a mental health crisis would lose help
with the elimination of Community Crisis Mental Health services.
• Alcohol and drug abuse treatment facilities would be reduced.
• Tobacco Use Prevention funding would be eliminated.
• Children's psychiatric day treatment program (DARTS) would be
Oregonians for Health Security
1-888-654-2273 or (503) 655-2793